Forums > Personal > Kiss

forum rss feed
Author

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Oct 09, 04:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

KISS,  The most overhyped band in rock history!.....Ripping off the fans once again.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 09, 06:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for starting this thread for me ; God, saw their new song.  I haven't laughed so hard in months.  If Paul Stanley didn't sound like a winded auctioneer on his "Live to Win" album, he certainly does now ...

Am pleased to see their salesmanship is still top class though, the interviews they're doing for the new album are classic Kiss.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Marcelo_argentina user not visiting Queenzone.com
Marcelo_argentina
Bohemian: 219 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 09, 09:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

and..did you listen to "Anomaly" from Ace frehley?

Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 09, 12:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kiss are crap.

"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
ParisNair user not visiting Queenzone.com
See right through you!!
ParisNair
Bohemian: 873 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 09, 12:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I find he band Kiss gimmicky, cheap, crap song writers, unbelievably over-rated and unbearable.

The song Kiss by Prince is much more entertaining than all songs by Kiss combined.

Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 09, 13:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ParisNair wrote:

The song Kiss by Prince is much more entertaining than all songs by Kiss combined.

Sahih kaha, mera bhai!

"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 09, 21:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Umm, wasn't that the point of KISS in the first place?  Cheap, crappy songs?  It's called Schtick, and they seem to be keeping with the theme.  But are 13 year old boys buying this stuff anymore?  Apparently so.  They seem to have their own line of apparel at The Vans Store.

I guess Queen will keep up the discount racks at JCPenneys.

Somehow, I think this new album will outsell Cosmos...  and yes, it's utter shit.

Posted: 12 Oct 09, 01:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have a feeling this new kiss album will reach #1 in the states.   Sad, but true.

PauloPanucci user not visiting Queenzone.com
papp
PauloPanucci
Bohemian: 990 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 09, 10:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mike hunt wrote:

I have a feeling this new kiss album will reach #1 in the states.   Sad, but true. 

Kiss is SAD!!!! they're a crap!

P.A
Bo Alex user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bo Alex
Bohemian: 494 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 09, 14:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kiss is an awful band. All about them is crap: music, disguises, make-up. etc.

A man who learnt how to teach, but forgot how to learn.

A la grande le puse cuca!!
jpf user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 710 posts

Posted: 16 Oct 09, 00:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian May likes KISS.

You lose.

"Every night's a party at Melina's mansion!"
bobo the chimp

Posted: 16 Oct 09, 12:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian May likes Britney Spears, 5ive, Robbie Williams, Katy Perry, his musical, and driving Lexus cars ....

Look I love the guy but let's not use his tastes as a basis for how the rest of the world should live.  I think it would be ultimately self defeating for all of us; better to pick our own stuff.

There's plenty of 70's Kiss I'm partial to but you can pretty much toss anything they did once the makeup came off.  Even when they put it back on, things didn't get better.  The best thing they did since the end of the 70's was that version of "God Gave Rock and Roll To You", and even so I only like that because I'm a child of the 90's and I have fond memories of Bill and Ted.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
cacatua user not visiting Queenzone.com
cacatua
Bohemian: 514 posts

Posted: 16 Oct 09, 21:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've seen any number of disgusting, tasteless things, but Gene Simmons sticking his tongue out? YETCH!

Everyone thinks his own fleas are gazelles.
ParisNair user not visiting Queenzone.com
See right through you!!
ParisNair
Bohemian: 873 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 09, 06:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought their music was about Ok when I first heard a few of their tracks. But once I saw their "visual spectacle" on TV, it was end of Kiss for me. Now whenever their music gets played, I just can't get the picture of those jokers out of my head, and I can't help not appreciate what they do.

Posted: 19 Oct 09, 02:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

they made a lot of money being those jokers, and as much as i hate too say it their current tour is being talked about more than queen and paul's was.  I know a lot of people excited and spending big money on this current kiss tour, while i was the only one, and very lonely at the queen + paul show in Jersey.  I couldn't get anyone to go with me.  Has kiss stood the test of time more than Queen?....Both kiss and queen only have 2 original members, but more people are into seeing kiss.

dragon-fly user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 600 posts

Posted: 19 Oct 09, 02:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think it's about test of time in this case. I guess  it's about the territory, the place of action.

bobo the chimp

Posted: 19 Oct 09, 03:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kiss is just one of those weird American things.  There was a guy on the General Discussion a couple of years ago who insisted that Kiss were more influential than the Beatles to music.

I explained to him that this might be the case in his particular town.  On a global scale though??  You've got to be kidding...

Posted: 19 Oct 09, 04:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know Queen are way more popular on a global scale, but in new york  kiss are huge.

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 19 Oct 09, 06:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A little bit in defence here: The new 'Sonic Boom' album is actually the best record they made since the make-up came off!

skip user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 622 posts

Posted: 05 Nov 09, 23:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dragon-fly wrote:

I don't think it's about test of time in this case. I guess  it's about the territory, the place of action.

KISS just had their most successful tour of Europe in 2008.  They also headlined the Download festival for the second time (the first time it was called Castle Donington Festival).   From recent rumors they'll be playing 8 shows in
the U.K. and 40 shows in Europe starting in May 2010.

They've been a functioning band for over 35 years.  Can't say the same about Queen (who's my second favorite
band).

"Sonic Boom" has already sold more copies in the U.S. than "The Cosmos Rocks" and their current U.S. tour
has played to more people than the Q+PR U.S. tour.  Queen peaked in the U.S. with "The Game". 

BTW, guess who Brian May called when he needed a drummer for both his solo tour and to play a few Queen shows?
That's right, KISS' drummer, Eric Singer.

"Sonic Boom".  Heard all around the world.

"Say Yeah"!

Brian May: "I like KISS a lot. I have a great regard for KISS 'cause it's all-out. They just had their vision, they had their dream, and they damn well went for it."