Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Limited Edition AG Box Set

forum rss feed
Author

Queenzone Ghost user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 395 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Oct 09, 11:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The ‘Absolute Greatest Deluxe Box Set’ is available exclusively from the Queen Online Store and is strictly limited to 500 individually numbered editions

Each custom built leather effect bound box features silver foil lettering and includes the 2CD A4 Book of the ‘Absolute Greatest’ album, a CD sized desktop 2010 Calendar plus a stunning range of Exclusive Queen products only available in the box.

Absolute Greatest Deluxe Box Set detail:

Source: http://www.queenonline.com/news/1481/

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10017 posts

Posted: 20 Oct 09, 03:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Have you ever thought about writing one (= 1!) thread about Queen news and replying to it every week with new stuff ?

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 20 Oct 09, 11:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does anyone else find this blatant whoring both annoying spam - and a cheapening of Queenzone?

I agree with the poster above. One posting (if needed) would suffice.
It's not even as though it is a two way contribution - I mean, how many replies has Queenzonewhore answered?

This dump and run policy shows no respect for our community, and treats us at best like like Sheepish Stepfords.
(Big time money, money).
And before anyone says don't read the posts - it's very annoying (and not endearing) to negotiate through so many useless threads to try and find an interesting one.

Would anyone else be up for banning either this poster or behaviour - and yes I do know it is an official mouthpiece - but that does not exclude such negative behaviour.

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1422 posts

Posted: 20 Oct 09, 11:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

Does anyone else find this blatant whoring both annoying spam - and a cheapening of Queenzone?

I agree with the poster above. One posting (if needed) would suffice.
It's not even as though it is a two way contribution - I mean, how many replies has Queenzonewhore answered?

This dump and run policy shows no respect for our community, and treats us at best like like Sheepish Stepfords.
(Big time money, money).
And before anyone says don't read the posts - it's very annoying (and not endearing) to negotiate through so many useless threads to try and find an interesting one.

Would anyone else be up for banning either this poster or behaviour - and yes I do know it is an official mouthpiece - but that does not exclude such negative behaviour.

Well said!!  i could not of said it better.

oo la la
pittrek

Posted: 21 Oct 09, 01:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Richard Orchard wrote:

The Queenzone Ghost is an automatic program.... i will try and make it less annoying.....

I bought the set btw.

Really ? Some people claimed that Queenzone Ghost is Jacky.

BTW I'm also seriously thinking about buying it

believe in yourself 45455 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 210 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 09, 07:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I ordered the Ltd. Ed. AG Box Set immediately after I received the mail from QOL. If a release has an interesting format (box set, book, picture disc, cd, viny, etc) it doesn't matter what the recording is. Even if I had the same song or album a hundred times. In those cases it isn't about the music but about the package. That's what collecting is about, isn't it?
If it was exactly the same package, with the same extra's, but instead of the AG cd's it contained Queen 1 or Queen 2 or SHA or ANATO or ADATR, etc. I would still buy it.
I understand the frustration about another greatest hits. I also prefer 'new' material over re-re-re-releases.
I don't share the opinion that only 'new' music is worth to be packed in different, collectable formats. If only a 1-disc AG CD in a simple jewel case with a 2 page booklet would be released, that would be a big dissapointment and reason to complain.

If the box is limited to 500, I aspected it would be sold out by now...

JacquesDaniels user not visiting Queenzone.com
JacquesDaniels
Bohemian: 123 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 09, 09:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here's something to consider while producing these so-called Limited Edition Box Sets for collectors. While I'm not a fan of Rammstein, they've actually managed to come up with something original, radical, and arguably interesting. It's completely ridiculous, it's very much German, and most importantly, it's personal (even if  in a more or less roundabout way), what I think is what most fans are really after. ;-)

http://www.metalpaths.com/news/rammstein-liebe-limited-edition-box-set-to-include-sex-toys,2085

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18471 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 09, 10:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^ Incredible.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
brians wig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2155 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 09, 10:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QPL are really taking the piss with all these multiple releases of one product these days.

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1703 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 09, 11:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

brians wig wrote:

QPL are really taking the piss with all these multiple releases of one product these days.

That's true, but I wouldn't mind receiving that boxed set as a present...

My sister bought me The Platinum Collection, which I had refused to buy. I might have to forward the email from the QOL store to her, hmmm... -_-

GT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 793 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 09, 12:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well if you were going to buy the new Absolute Greatest Ltd edition queenonline box set then I'm afraid you have missed the boat, as on the website it now reads..........................Congratulations if you managed to pre-order the QOL exclusive deluxe box set -all 500 were snapped up in record time!

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4684 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 09, 12:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GT wrote:

Well if you were going to buy the new Absolute Greatest Ltd edition queenonline box set then I'm afraid you have missed the boat, as on the website it now reads..........................Congratulations if you managed to pre-order the QOL exclusive deluxe box set -all 500 were snapped up in record time!

Does anyone know a good therapist? I'm having trouble containing my grief at this news...

Anyway, if anyone can get the email addresses of these 500 suckers/I mean uberfans, I have an authentic Queenturd for sale, signed by Fred soon after his death. Guaranteed one of a kind, only one ever made. Only £100. Or I can do you ten for £750, no questions asked.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1422 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 09, 18:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

GT wrote:

Does anyone know a good therapist? I'm having trouble containing my grief at this news...

Anyway, if anyone can get the email addresses of these 500 suckers/I mean uberfans, I have an authentic Queenturd for sale, signed by Fred soon after his death. Guaranteed one of a kind, only one ever made. Only £100. Or I can do you ten for £750, no questions asked.

haaaaa love it.... not the autographed turd that is lol

oo la la
Queenzone Spam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 09, 22:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Queenzone Ghost is an automatic program....

So was V'ger and it almost destroyed the universe.

Now for some great news:

Target is offering 8pk Bounty Giant Roll Paper Towels for $9.99 this week.  Tide 100 ounce liquid is only $12.  And if you really want to liven up the party this weekend, 96oz bottles of Clorox?  3 for $5.  Prices are good thru 11/16. 

Target and the Bullseye Design are registered trademarks of Target Brands, Inc.  All rights reserved.  Target pharmacies are not located in all Target stores.  Target Pharmacy hours vary by location.  The services of a pharmacist may not be available at all times when Target stores are open.

pittrek

Posted: 22 Oct 09, 09:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GT wrote:

WTF ? I just wanted to buy it . I'm really slow at decision making

pittrek

Posted: 22 Oct 09, 09:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JacquesDaniels wrote:

Here's something to consider while producing these so-called Limited Edition Box Sets for collectors. While I'm not a fan of Rammstein, they've actually managed to come up with something original, radical, and arguably interesting. It's completely ridiculous, it's very much German, and most importantly, it's personal (even if  in a more or less roundabout way), what I think is what most fans are really after. ;-)

http://www.metalpaths.com/news/rammstein-liebe-limited-edition-box-set-to-include-sex-toys,2085

You really want a pink penis toy ?

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 22 Oct 09, 13:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I didn't buy one.  Couldn't justify the price..  Didn't get a QOL email about it, either, so it may have been sold out before I even found out about it.

JacquesDaniels user not visiting Queenzone.com
JacquesDaniels
Bohemian: 123 posts

Posted: 22 Oct 09, 15:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote:

JacquesDaniels wrote:

You really want a pink penis toy ?

Nope. That's why I said arguably. But the point was that it's a new way of thinking.

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 23 Oct 09, 10:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JacquesDaniels wrote:

Though theoretically you are right, you missed one essential point.
This box set costs 250 to 300 euro's!!! And for that you get NOT A SINGLE NOTE OF MUSIC  more then there is on the standard cd!

So... is that REALY what you think fans REALY want?

Considering, then Absolute Greatest turt box set thing is better - as it is not even THAT much overpriced at all.

believe in yourself 45455 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 210 posts

Posted: 23 Oct 09, 14:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not true!
The box cost £90 that's €100

For this amount of money you receive:

• Exclusive Deluxe Custom Built Box  £5,-
• Absolute Greatest 2CD A4 Book:  £30,-
• CD Size Desktop 2010 Calendar: £8,-
• Exclusive New Crest Design T-Shirt: £15,-
• Exclusive Art Print of Bohemian Rhapsody Tape Box Inlay :  £2,-
• Exclusive Greetings Card:  £2,-
• Exclusive Certificate Of Authenticity: £1,-

Total: £63,-

Damn!$@!# £27,- short....
Well, okay that's 10 p for every post about this subject on QZ

By the way...Doesn't  the purple Bohemian Rhapsody 7" contain 2 songs you already have multiple times?