Forums > Personal > European Far-Right Parties Form Alliance

forum rss feed
Author

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Oct 09, 10:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://jta.org/news/article/2009/10/25/1008703/europes-far-right-parties-form-international-alliance

Recent surveys showed that around 20% of Europeans have a favorable impression of far-right parties such as the BNP (UK, 22%), Flemish Block (Belgium, 19%), Freedom Party (Holland, 18%) and Jobbik (Hungary, 28%). The international coalition that is now being forged include the Hungarian Jobbik, a direct descendant of the Arrow Cross, a staunch supporter of the Nazis during WWII, and the French Front National of Jean-Marie Le Pen, who is openly sympathetic towards Hitler and Fascism, and supports the Vichy-regime of WWII.

The far-right is becoming acceptable again in Europe, and meanwhile established governments throughout the continent fuel their fires by corruption- and declaration scandals, shameless favours to multinationals (Dutch journalists just over a week ago discovered that multinationals like Shell evade a total of  €15 000 000 000 per year in taxes in full knowledge of the government).

Not exactly a good situation.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 09, 10:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

On the contrary, I think it's a great situation.  They'll group up, they'll decide it's time to "rise up" and then we (the civilised world) will have an excuse to thin the herd again.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 09, 10:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well ... I'm only half kidding.  I don't think the world needs another bigass war, ever.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4707 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 09, 12:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Look beyond the headline 22% figure for the UK and you'll see that is misleading.

However, I can't be bothered explaining, since you are a foreigner, and I hate them ;)

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)