Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > BBC Maida Vale at 75

forum rss feed
Author

TimBHM user not visiting Queenzone.com
TimBHM
Bohemian: 889 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Nov 09, 12:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BBC Radio 1 ran a special series of shows this weekend to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the Maida Vale studios and as part of the celebrations, the slow and fast versions of WWRY were played on the Moyles show. Does anyone see a problem with this being shared here?


Ale Solan user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sod off.
Ale Solan
Deity: 8973 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Nov 09, 12:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sure, a lot of official stuff was shared here and nothing happened (not counting the masters)


TimBHM user not visiting Queenzone.com
TimBHM
Bohemian: 889 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Nov 09, 13:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Alex Solan. wrote:

Sure, a lot of official stuff was shared here and nothing happened (not counting the masters)

Yeah but my question was more - is this official? As far as I know the only official release of the Maida Vale stuff was "At The BBC" and these two tracks aren't on there.


Ale Solan user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sod off.
Ale Solan
Deity: 8973 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Nov 09, 13:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



TimBHM wrote:







Alex Solan. wrote:



Sure, a lot of official stuff was shared here and nothing happened (not counting the masters)


Yeah but my question was more - is this official? As far as I know the only official release of the Maida Vale stuff was "At The BBC" and these two tracks aren't on there.

Well, the "official" BBC version of WWRY can be found on the 2002 promo single distributed by the tabloid The Sun, but IMO it can be shared here.







The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Nov 09, 13:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But there was some WWRY single released a few years back, through The Sun, I think?  There were a few versions of the song, including the BBC one... but just the fast segment.



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
Ale Solan user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sod off.
Ale Solan
Deity: 8973 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Nov 09, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

you can listen online with excellent quality the whole session (you have to create a FREE account to stream)

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/queen/concerts/maida-vale-studio-october-28-1977.html


TimBHM user not visiting Queenzone.com
TimBHM
Bohemian: 889 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Nov 09, 17:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Alex Solan. wrote:

you can listen online with excellent quality the whole session (you have to create a FREE account to stream)

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/queen/concerts/maida-vale-studio-october-28-1977.html

Hmm but no download I presume? Do you know what source this comes from?

Anyway, back to the Maida 75 clip... shall I share or not?


victor fleitas user not visiting Queenzone.com
victor fleitas
Bohemian: 209 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 09, 01:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Share It! At least, pass me the links privately!


thunderbolt 31742 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thunderbolt 31742
Bohemian: 647 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 09, 01:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Please share it. Odds are we've all got it anyway, but there's a slight chance that this could be improved quality, or equivalent to the highest-quality recording available (but without Freddie's "Right on!" cutting off at the end).

I'd be thankful for the share.



"Do you think I should keep this mustache? Did you say no? F--- off."
TimBHM user not visiting Queenzone.com
TimBHM
Bohemian: 889 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 09, 03:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Thunderbolt wrote:

Please share it. Odds are we've all got it anyway, but there's a slight chance that this could be improved quality, or equivalent to the highest-quality recording available (but without Freddie's "Right on!" cutting off at the end).

I'd be thankful for the share.

Ok, it'll go up later today.


bootLuca user not visiting Queenzone.com
bootLuca
Royalty: 1186 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 09, 06:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

this version of WWRY was also released in a cd compilation called "King Biscuit Best of the best" published by King Biscuit Flower Hour

Luca


Ale Solan user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sod off.
Ale Solan
Deity: 8973 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 09, 10:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



TimBHM wrote:







Alex Solan. wrote:



you can listen online with excellent quality the whole session (you have to create a FREE account to stream)

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/queen/concerts/maida-vale-studio-october-28-1977.html


Hmm but no download I presume? Do you know what source this comes from?

Anyway, back to the Maida 75 clip... shall I share or not?


No download but you can record the stream ;-)

what source this comes from? not sure, maybe the same source than Best of King Biscuit live volume 4, as Luca mentioned and definately the best source I've ever heard from this session!







TimBHM user not visiting Queenzone.com
TimBHM
Bohemian: 889 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 09, 12:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote







Alex Solan. wrote:



















TimBHM wrote:











































Alex Solan. wrote:















you can listen online with excellent quality the whole session (you have to create a FREE account to stream)

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/queen/concerts/maida-vale-studio-october-28-1977.html














Hmm but no download I presume? Do you know what source this comes from?

Anyway, back to the Maida 75 clip... shall I share or not?


No download but you can record the stream ;-)

what source this comes from? not sure, maybe the same source than Best of King Biscuit live volume 4, as Luca mentioned and definately the best source I've ever heard from this session!

Yeah the site claims it's come from the King Biscuit bootleg and I did record the stream but TLH reports three of the four files as MPEG. Either way, it's better than the radio broadcast from Friday as that has some goon talking all over the intro.







Ale Solan user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sod off.
Ale Solan
Deity: 8973 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 09, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



TimBHM wrote:



 



 



 



Alex Solan. wrote:



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



TimBHM wrote:



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



Alex Solan. wrote:



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



you can listen online with excellent quality the whole session (you have to create a FREE account to stream)

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/queen/concerts/maida-vale-studio-october-28-1977.html



 



 



 



 



 



 



 


Hmm but no download I presume? Do you know what source this comes from?

Anyway, back to the Maida 75 clip... shall I share or not?


No download but you can record the stream ;-)

what source this comes from? not sure, maybe the same source than Best of King Biscuit live volume 4, as Luca mentioned and definately the best source I've ever heard from this session!

Yeah the site claims it's come from the King Biscuit bootleg and I did record the stream but TLH reports three of the four files as MPEG. Either way, it's better than the radio broadcast from Friday as that has some goon talking all over the intro.

well, Tim, it's quite obvious that the stream it's lossy (the four tracks are lossy and most of streaming media is lossy)
and I think my MP3 version it's kind of the same than King Biscuit's version (but less compressed than wolfgang's vault site, so it sounds much better)

in my myspace you can listen the 320 kbps version of WWRY and tell me what you think:

http://www.myspace.com/alex.solan








The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 09, 22:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Even though it's lossy, it still sounds great to my ears... the best I've heard so far.  I've forgotten how musically amazing the track itself is... it's been years since I've listened to it.

So what's the source for this version?



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
pootle50 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 38 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Nov 09, 05:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So is there the possibility of posting a download link to the King Biscuit CD rip?
It's hardly "official"....

Thanks!

goa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 115 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Nov 09, 06:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I remeber I dl a 2 CD version of BBC Sessions some months ago here
As It Began The BBC Archives on Godfather records
http://www.queenzone.com/forums/1077329/announce-as-it-began-the-bbc-archives.aspx
several were considered lossy

auCDtect: CD records authenticity detector, version 0.8.2
Copyright (c) 2004 Oleg Berngardt. All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 2004 Alexander Djourik. All rights reserved.

Detect mode (0..40 with 0 = most accurate):  0

01 Keep Yourself Alive Langham studio 1973.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 99%.
02 Son And Daughter Langham studio 1973.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.
03 Liar Langham studio 1973.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 99%.
04 See What A Fool Ive Been Langham studio 1973.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.
05 Modern Times Rock And Roll Langham studio 1974.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.
06 White Queen Langham studio 1974.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.
07 Nevermore Langham studio 1974.wav:  track looks like MPEG with probability 92%.
08 Now Im Here Maida Vale Studio 1974.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 99%.
09 Stone Cold Crazy Maida Vale Studio 1974.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 99%.
10 Tenement Funster Maida Vale Studio 1974.wav:  track looks like MPEG with probability 95%.
11 Flick Of The Wrist Maida Vale Studio 1974.wav:  track looks like MPEG with probability 95%.
12 Intro Procession Taped Golders Green Hippodrome 1973.wav:  track looks like MPEG with probability 95%.
13 Father To Son Golders Green Hippodrome 1973.wav:  track looks like MPEG with probability 95%.
14 Son And Daughter Golders Green Hippodrome 1973.wav:  track looks like MPEG with probability 95%.

15 See What A Fool Ive Been Golders Green Hippodrome 1973.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 99%.
16 Ogre Battle Golders Green Hippodrome 1973.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.
17 Band Introduction Golders Green Hippodrome 1973.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.
18 Liar Golders Green Hippodrome 1973.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.
19 Jailhouse Rock-Stupid Cupid-Be Bop A Lula-Jailhouse Rock reprise Golders Green Hippodrome 1973.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.
20 Big Spender-Bama Lama Bama Lou Golders Green Hippodrome 1973.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.

auCDtect: CD records authenticity detector, version 0.8.2
Copyright (c) 2004 Oleg Berngardt. All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 2004 Alexander Djourik. All rights reserved.

Detect mode (0..40 with 0 = most accurate):  0

01 Intro Procession The Rainbow March 1974.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 42%.
02 Father To Son The Rainbow March 1974.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.
03 Ogre Battle The Rainbow March 1974.wav:  source of track cannot be qualified.
04 Son And Daughter The Rainbow March 1974.wav:  source of track cannot be qualified.
05 Keep Yourself Alive The Rainbow March 1974.wav:  source of track cannot be qualified.
06 Seven Seas Of Rhye The Rainbow March 1974.wav:  source of track cannot be qualified.
07 Modern Times Rock And Roll The Rainbow March 1974.wav:  source of track cannot be qualified.
08 Liar The Rainbow March 1974.wav:  source of track cannot be qualified.

09 Spread Your Wings Maida Vale Studio 1977.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 99%.
10 Its Late Maida Vale Studio 1977.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.
11 My Melancholy Blues Maida Vale Studio 1977.wav:  track looks like MPEG with probability 95%.
12 We Will Rock You Maida Vale Studio 1977.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.
13 Keep Yourself Alive De Lane Lea Demos 1971.wav:  track looks like MPEG with probability 95%.
14 Great King Rat De Lane Lea Demos 1971.wav:  track looks like MPEG with probability 95%.
15 Jesus De Lane Lea Demos 1971.wav:  track looks like MPEG with probability 95%.

16 Liar De Lane Lea Demos 1971.wav:  track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.


BOLD+ITALIC= known lossless sources avilibles already.
- I  have a De Lane Lea 100% CDDA for all tracks...I suppose all you have it.
- Golders Green Hippodrome (pre-FM Royalties at the Hippodrome) by pittrek to replace  and get 100% on all tracks.
-1974-03-31 Rainbow Theatre London we have the pittrek version, 100% CDDA


BOLD=no idea if exist already lossless sources
(It's 100% sure most must exist  and be already shared, and given the fact I'm a newbie, I don't know)

Please post, and I will edit this post.

ergo...anyone has made a "home-made" compilation of the best sources ? (yes, incluiding "official" ones)
"Best" I mean not only lossless, but the best SQ ones...




thunderbolt 31742 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thunderbolt 31742
Bohemian: 647 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Nov 09, 22:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow! That WWRY sounds great, as Bob said, sounds like the best version out there to me. Any chance of a downloadable 320 MP3 of it going up here? :)



"Do you think I should keep this mustache? Did you say no? F--- off."
TimBHM user not visiting Queenzone.com
TimBHM
Bohemian: 889 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 09, 06:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote







Thunderbolt wrote:



Wow! That WWRY sounds great, as Bob said, sounds like the best version out there to me. Any chance of a downloadable 320 MP3 of it going up here? :)



I know it's not quite what you asked for but I could stick up the King Biscuit version provided nobody thinks there's a problem with that?






pootle50 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 38 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Nov 09, 11:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't have a problem with that Tim - it's not like the King Biscuit version is "official" and can be bought.
Queen won't be losing any money!

Thanks