Forums > Personal > Crossroads

forum rss feed
Author

cacatua user not visiting Queenzone.com
cacatua
Bohemian: 514 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Nov 09, 00:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just finished a lengthy project and decided to kick back and watch Crossroads, which I hadn't seen for a while. As always, it is such an enjoyable movie that I wondered how many here have seen it. It stars Ralph Macchio, but the actual guitarwork is done between Ry Cooder and Steve Vai. If you haven't seen it you might like to look for it. The head-cutting contest at the end between Jack Butler (Vai) and Macchio, to try to win back Willie Brown's soul from ol' Scratch,is great fun.

Found this at Wikipedia:

Steve Vai's music has been featured in a number of feature films, including Dudes and Ghosts of Mars. He appeared onscreen in the 1986 Ralph Macchio movie Crossroads, playing the demonically-inspired Jack Butler. At the film's climax, Vai engages in a guitar duel with Macchio, whose guitar parts were dubbed by Vai and also Ry Cooder, who played the initial slide work in the duel and Macchio's earlier performances in the film. The fast-paced neo-classical track entitled Eugene's Trick Bag with which Macchio wins the competition was also composed by Vai. The body of the piece was heavily based on Paganini's Caprice #5. He later borrowed the opening riff from the track Head Cuttin' Duel for a song called Bad Horsie from his 1995 EP Alien Love Secrets. Later the Crossroads duel reappeared on the 2002 album The Elusive Light and Sound, volume 1.

Everyone thinks his own fleas are gazelles.
dragon-fly user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 600 posts

Posted: 05 Nov 09, 11:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sounds interesting....
So..... where's my list "One day I'm gonna get it"....? I have a new item

JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts

Posted: 06 Nov 09, 03:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

damn,i thought this was gonna be about Miss Diane and Benny with his woolly hat!

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 06 Nov 09, 03:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually Kiss recorded the music for that movie.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
cacatua user not visiting Queenzone.com
cacatua
Bohemian: 514 posts

Posted: 06 Nov 09, 08:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Actually Kiss recorded the music for that movie.

Yeah, you're just jerkin' my chain, Z. Be careful, the nasty, old curmudgeon, defender of Brian's right to release anything he damn well pleases on an album, might rear her ugly head again! :o) Besides, we all know that Wikipedia is gospel truth! Actually, it is Ry Cooder who is named in the credits for the music, though it sounds as if Vai had quite a bit to do with it as well.

Everyone thinks his own fleas are gazelles.