Forums > Queen - General Discussion > False Advertising

forum rss feed
Author

4 x Vision user not visiting Queenzone.com
4 x Vision
Bohemian: 508 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Nov 09, 11:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.list.co.uk/article/21833-bbc-scottish-symphony-orchestra-bohemian-rhapsodies/

Am I right in saying this has nothing to do with Queen... or am i being dim today?

The poster obviously cries QUEEN, but the description doesn't??? Surely there is gonna be a lot of unhappy peeps expecting Queen's GHs.

No doubt their music is good, but surely this is just a marketing gimmick to get Glasgow Queen fans to keep the numbers up on the night!

believe in yourself 45455 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 210 posts

Posted: 13 Nov 09, 14:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/music/bbcsso/concerts/2009/11/12.shtml
No Queen played. Only Dvorak, Martinu and Dvarajk again

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 13 Nov 09, 14:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's still a neat reminder of the power of that iconic image.

mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3611 posts

Posted: 13 Nov 09, 14:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It doesnt suggest Queen are playing so it cannot be false advertising. Queen do not own the words 'bohemian' or 'rhapsody' singularly or together and as far as the image is concerned it was nicked from someone else anyway.

4 x Vision user not visiting Queenzone.com
4 x Vision
Bohemian: 508 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 09, 09:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mooghead wrote:

It doesnt suggest Queen are playing so it cannot be false advertising. Queen do not own the words 'bohemian' or 'rhapsody' singularly or together and as far as the image is concerned it was nicked from someone else anyway.

I didn't say anything like that? Honestly some peolpe must get really bored here and love to argue... you pop up a lot in silly wee debates don't you? And I don't want to argue about the image theft bollocks.

I'm just saying... to the general public looking at the poster that's on the streets you'd expect this to be the BBC Symphonic playing the hits of Queen. i.e the same way Royal Philharmonic did, or like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMl8o32K4SU>

If I hadn't looked into it more, I may have just bought the tickets based on the poster as most UK tribute acts use themselves in this picture for advertising. I'm saying they may be using the image to falsely attract a bigger audience to their shows. In Glasgow, tribute acts fill every venue when they play here, whereas what is being played is for a more discerning music lover (not to say that's bad).

mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3611 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 09, 10:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok, I apologise for getting the wrong end of the stick.

Anyone who buys tickets to a show based on the picture on the poster deserves to be robbed though.