Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Adam Lambert

forum rss feed
Author

Chris G user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 9 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 09, 14:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Heard the Glambert album today...pretty impressive - great voice....and Queen wunderkinds Justin Hawkins and Matt Bellamy have written a couple of the tracks. I can see why Brian & Roger are excited about him !

A Word In Your Ear user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1786 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 09, 14:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chris G wrote:

Heard the Glambert album today...pretty impressive - great voice....and Queen wunderkinds Justin Hawkins and Matt Bellamy have written a couple of the tracks. I can see why Brian & Roger are excited about him !

Roger is so excited about working with him, he can't even remember his name.  Adam Bolton, I think he called him the other day on TV.

Me personally, I think Adam Lambert should had won American Idol, in my opinion, he had the better voice & his song from 2012 is great, but I would not welcome him singing in any future Queen+ venture. But saying that, if going on tour with Adam was the only way to get Brian &  Roger to perform as Queen, all I can say is. Go!!! Adam!!!

Joyful the sound
mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3667 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 09, 15:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Am I the only person here who has no idea who Adam Lambert is?

Seriously.

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 09, 15:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam Lambert is just one of the things about living in 2009 that makes me want to smack my head against a wall until I fall unconscious.

Hitman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2217 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 09, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Even if this Lambert has a powerful voice, he's noone to millions of fans around the world (except uk based). It would not be a lucky choice to tour outside uk with him, in my personal opinion....

Anything too stupid to be said... is sung.
cacatua user not visiting Queenzone.com
cacatua
Bohemian: 514 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 09, 18:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hitman wrote:

Even if this Lambert has a powerful voice, he's noone to millions of fans around the world (except uk based). It would not be a lucky choice to tour outside uk with him, in my personal opinion....

I'm extremely disenchanted with Adam these days, but he does have fans all over the world, as I have seen them posting from Israel, India, Malaysia, Australia...............or so they say.

Everyone thinks his own fleas are gazelles.
Chris G user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 9 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 09, 01:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think those naysayers should give this guy a chance......I honestly think he'll be the next big thing....for what it's worth !

GratefulFan

Posted: 23 Nov 09, 11:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lambert's AMA performance last night. Just caught it on YouTube.  Wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg-j9SylPGk

That's excruciatingly BAD.  OMFG.

Queenally user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 207 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 09, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I totally agree with you, GratefulFan!  One can be over the top and still have some taste.  He didn't manage to do that at all, however.  If he can sing, he needs to tone down all the theatrics and prove it!

It finally happened, I'm slightly mad!~ :)

"Alison's louder than everything else!"--Wraithe
Michael Allred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 09, 13:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GratefulFan wrote:

Lambert's AMA performance last night. Just caught it on YouTube.  Wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg-j9SylPGk

That's excruciatingly BAD.  OMFG.

I'll admit that was rough to watch. If Adam can manage to capture live how he sounds in the studio, he'll be much better off than doing those awful vocal histrionics.

The Thinker user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Thinker
Rocker: 24 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 09, 14:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is supposed to be serious discussions Queen related, not WWRY pantomime auditions or reality contestant wannabes. Adam Lambert should be purged and censored on Queen forums.

cacatua

Posted: 23 Nov 09, 14:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Thinker wrote:

This is supposed to be serious discussions Queen related, not WWRY pantomime auditions or reality contestant wannabes. Adam Lambert should be purged and censored on Queen forums.

I have an Adam thread in the personals section of the forums here.

Bo Rhap user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bo Rhap
Bohemian: 534 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 09, 14:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wouldnt have a Freddie impersonator in Queen.

If Adam was to join,he'd have to find a way of incorporating his own style of singing Queen songs whilst not pissing on the Picassoes,as the saying goes.

I admired Paul Rodgers for singing in his own style,whilst being respectful of the music.

I never forget a face,

but in your case i'll be glad to

make an exception-Groucho Marx
GratefulFan

Posted: 23 Nov 09, 15:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Thinker wrote:

I'm sure that will happen quite naturally when and if May and Taylor stop feeding the fire. Until then, it's fair game.

GratefulFan

Posted: 23 Nov 09, 15:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Michael Allred wrote:

I'll admit that was rough to watch. If Adam can manage to capture live how he sounds in the studio, he'll be much better off than doing those awful vocal histrionics.

---------------------------

It was just startlingly amateurish on every front.  Not what I expected, even with my very low expectations.  Maybe a combination of nerves (happens when you get parachuted into fake rock stardom) and inadequate general physical fitness to handle dancing AND live singing over several minutes  (also happens when you get parachuted into fake rock stardom).  I didn't care one way or another about the luridness other than to note that as performance art it was not good.  It was the really bad singing that left me rather taken aback.

mooghead

Posted: 23 Nov 09, 17:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The video has been taken down but just about everything else there is to do with x factor! Is that we are dealing with? some tv talent show crap?

Charlie would tear him to shreds...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2009/nov/14/charlie-brooker-screen-burn

cacatua

Posted: 23 Nov 09, 18:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GratefulFan wrote:

Michael Allred wrote:

---------------------------

It was just startlingly amateurish on every front.  Not what I expected, even with my very low expectations.  Maybe a combination of nerves (happens when you get parachuted into fake rock stardom) and inadequate general physical fitness to handle dancing AND live singing over several minutes  (also happens when you get parachuted into fake rock stardom).  I didn't care one way or another about the luridness other than to note that as performance art it was not good.  It was the really bad singing that left me rather taken aback.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't necessarily disagree with your assessment of his performance. Perhaps it would have seemed less sleazy had it been more artistically executed. I don't know, but I don't think he did his career any favors.

Z was right in his reaction to the performance at my Adam Lambert thread though: viewed in the right spirit it is hilarious - a comedy of errors!

Michael Allred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 24 Nov 09, 06:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Look, his performance could have been better BUT there is a SERIOUS double standard going on here as female artists have been doing what Adam did (and worse) on TV for years but the performance was edited for the delayed west coast broadcast. Basically ABC and the AMAs are saying "gay is not ok." That's fucked up.

Anyway, I bought Adam's new album "For Your Entertainment" tonight and rather enjoyed it. It's fun, catchy and IMO sure to be a big hit.

mooghead

Posted: 24 Nov 09, 16:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"IMO sure to be a big hit."

Define 'big hit' and give me a bet.