Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Adam Lambert? REALLY?

forum rss feed
Author

Back2TheLight user not visiting Queenzone.com
Back2TheLight
Bohemian: 639 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Nov 09, 01:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So Brian and Roger are considering touring/recording with this guy?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091124/ap_on_en_mu/us_tv_lambert;_ylt=AtZs64OlUNR71xVVl6DHka.GOrgF;_ylu=X3oDMTMycGU4dTg2BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkxMTI0L3VzX3R2X2xhbWJlcnQEY2NvZGUDbW9zdHBvcHVsYXIEY3BvcwM0BHBvcwM0BHNlYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcmllcwRzbGsDYWJjbGFtYmVydHNw

At least Freddie didn't flaunt his sexuality all over the place. It's one thing if you are gay, fine, cool, but not everybody wants to see this kind of stuff...

Your opinions...

I Want It All And I Want It Now!!
Michael Allred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 24 Nov 09, 06:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wait, Freddie didn't flaunt his sexuality? Dude, put down the crack
pipe. Freddie was about as OBVIOUSLY gay as one could be and flounced
about for the world to see.

Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts

Posted: 24 Nov 09, 10:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If Freddie did flaunt his sexuality live, it was NO WHERE NEAR what Adam Lambert did. I don't recall Freddie pulling S&M stuff on stage, grabbing people's crotches, or whipping people.

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
buffypython user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 72 posts

Posted: 24 Nov 09, 12:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gregsynth wrote:

If Freddie did flaunt his sexuality live, it was NO WHERE NEAR what Adam Lambert did. I don't recall Freddie pulling S&M stuff on stage, grabbing people's crotches, or whipping people.

Have you seen The Great Pretender music video? He's in drag! At Wembley, he said "We're not bad for 4 aging queens are we?" Obviously, the other 3 aren't gay, but you get my point.

Kniggit user not visiting Queenzone.com
Kniggit
Champion: 75 posts

Posted: 24 Nov 09, 12:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

or the "throw my cunt around the stage" comment on knebworth

mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3668 posts

Posted: 24 Nov 09, 12:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/6637487/Adam-Lambert-claims-shocking-AMA-performance-happened-in-the-moment.html

Damn, was gonna start a thread on this only the thread title was gonna be 'Cockhead alert'

This is the first time I have ever seen this guy or saw him anywhere apart from these pages and I've gotta say.. What a cockhead.

Rubbersuit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 331 posts

Posted: 24 Nov 09, 13:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Flamboyant or not, I really don't want this turd crapping all over Queen's legacy.

At least Paul Rodgers has some rock and roll roots.

Posted: 24 Nov 09, 14:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gregsynth wrote:

OH MY GOD HOW HORRIBLE. Did lil' Adam warp your tender little minds?

Get
a
fucking
grip

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts

Posted: 24 Nov 09, 14:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

American Idol, in spite of the whole shit it often stands for, is sometimes the vehicle for some great singers. But Mr Lambert's not one of them.

There are many gay singers whose flamboyance may upset some people but that doesn't change the fact they're great. But Mr Lambert's not one of them.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.

Posted: 24 Nov 09, 15:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote:

American Idol, in spite of the whole shit it often stands for, is sometimes the vehicle for some great singers. But Mr Lambert's not one of them.

There are many gay singers whose flamboyance may upset some people but that doesn't change the fact they're great. But Mr Lambert's not one of them.

I disagree and I'll leave it at that.

mooghead

Posted: 24 Nov 09, 15:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Michael - having read some of your other posts I have one question... ahem..

Would you like to bum Adam Lambert?

Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 24 Nov 09, 17:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have to admit that after his "controversial" performance (which I didn't watch, and in fact have never watched Adam Lambert perform) he is now of mild interest to me.

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
cacatua user not visiting Queenzone.com
cacatua
Bohemian: 514 posts

Posted: 24 Nov 09, 17:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam is no stranger to this sort of performance in the Zodiac Show or cabaret settings, but he shouldn't have "sprung it" on network TV. GMA cancelled his appearance this morning, as ABC was not going to take any more chances, but CBS jumped in and he will be on the CBS Morning Show tomorrow, and Letterman tomorrow night. NBC wanted him on the Today Show tomorrow but already had Bon Jovi scheduled.

This will eventually sort itself out. I have very mixed feelings about it all. It doesn't strike me as the best thing to be known for, though times have certainly changed a lot. I have to think now that Brian and Roger may not like to appear with someone who wants to be so in-your-face about such things, and I couldn't blame them. It should be about the music, after all.

Everyone thinks his own fleas are gazelles.
goinback user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 997 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 09, 02:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not to weigh in one way or the other on Adam, but Freddie also used to do a sort of crotch-sucking thing on Brian during SHA

"I have no time for Time magazine. Or Rolling Stone." Jethro Tull
mooghead

Posted: 25 Nov 09, 02:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dont remember Queen performing SHA on prime time american TV though. In fact when Queen did perform on prime time american tv Freddie was more interested in putting in a great vocal performance to make the songs sound as good as possible. Not pulling stupid, childish moves to get himself in next days papers.

Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 09, 03:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know that Freddie occasionally flaunted his sexuality using words: "I'll throw my cunt around," "Another One BItes The Balls," etc. But what I was getting at was that Freddie was never "way-over-the-top" on stage unlike Adam.
Oh, and to the moron a few posts up: I don't HAVE a problem with Adam's antics on stage, his VOCAL performance bothered me more than his antics.
I guess the oversinging is taking its toll? LOL

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury

Posted: 25 Nov 09, 04:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mooghead wrote:

Michael - having read some of your other posts I have one question... ahem..

Would you like to bum Adam Lambert?

Not being familiar with your ridiculous slang I'm going to take a guess and figure you meant to ask if I would want to fuck him.

No you dreary little bitch, I'd much rather have you. Now bend over and scream your lungs out.

Daniel Nester user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daniel Nester
Bohemian: 735 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 09, 09:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love Michael Allred.

Go get 'em.

My oh my. Someone wore leather onstage and cavorted with men AND women onstage?

Whoever would do that?

God Save My Queen and God Save My Queen II | Soft Skull Press | http://www.danielnester.com
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 09, 09:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Apart from the fact that this is not a serious QUEEN topic (Queen as in the band Queen):

Since when do members of QZ get upset about some sexual innuendo on a stage? What about Madonna, Britney, nipplegate? Michael Jackson? Oh wait - it's about GAY sexuality. It's the gay guy who makes all the closet homophobes forget their politically correct discourse. A gay guy suggesting sex on stage must be so horrible!

Some people here would have made a good member of the MTV banning committee in the 1980s.

I do not want any google ads here.

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 09, 15:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He's lucky he got up there and acted ridiculously.  It's the only thing saving him from his absurd, banal and screamingly bad vocal performance being the focus of attention.