Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Now we know why they keep releasing crap!

forum rss feed
Author

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 09, 04:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AG peaks at #3 on the uk charts,  and is a worldwide success.  Now we know why Queen productions keep releasing these crappy greatest hits collections, and we'll never see the boxsets anytime soon.  Why should they release interesting rarities when they could keep putting out the same songs over and over?...  As long as these crappy releases keep selling We'll never get anything good. Stop buying this crap!...that's my solution.  Anyway,  Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 09, 05:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You are right Mike! That's exactly why Greg keeps on hammering on the fact that these releases are not aimed at US. WE are not powerfull. WE are such a minority that a boycot does not work. Most of us have boycotten Obsolete Greatest (me too). But QP does not release things for the fans, they release things for the MASSES. Think everybody realises that now. 
And they are right. QUEEN (like EVERY band that is connected to a major label) is a business, a commercial enterprise. And this one does it's job very well.  We should be greatfull that nobody forces us to buy all the releases.

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6326 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 09, 06:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Interestingly enough, AG was more successful than what Maylor did with Paul.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
dragon-fly user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 600 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 09, 10:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, the classic never dies.... it only reincarnates...

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18628 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 09, 10:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote:

Of course it was.  It's a collection of classics cherished by millions worldwide.

No band from the 70s can put out a record today that competes with music that was written at their creative peak, with or without the original members.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
lyricalassasin77 user not visiting Queenzone.com
lyricalassasin77
Bohemian: 435 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 09, 10:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't care what their reasons are. Its still wrong and I won't be buying them over and over no matter how many times they repackage it and touch it up here and there.

Dislocate your spine if you don't sign.....He say's I'll have you seeing double
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 09, 11:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote:

Interestingly enough, you have expressed your humble opinion about their little side project umpteen times now. It's getting a bit tedious.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 09, 11:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Interestingly enough, but Serry will keep to buy that crap

Bo Alex user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bo Alex
Bohemian: 494 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 09, 13:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Reaching just #3 in UK is not very good for Queen standards. GH I is the top selling album in UK history, so I think that an "Ultimate" compilation (they have promoted AG this way) just reach #3 in its first week on sales is not very good.
In the good old days, they used to reach #1 with every album they have realesed.

A man who learnt how to teach, but forgot how to learn.

A la grande le puse cuca!!
Benn Kempster user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 194 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 09, 14:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

.........and given that the number of physical purchases these days *in general* is way down on the numbers seen in the '70s and '80s, it's not a great result.

I'm sure we'll have some 'tweaked' figures available from Mr Brooks once he crawls out from under that stone again.

PauloPanucci user not visiting Queenzone.com
papp
PauloPanucci
Bohemian: 990 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 09, 14:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mike hunt wrote:

AG peaks at #3 on the uk charts,  and is a worldwide success.  Now we know why Queen productions keep releasing these crappy greatest hits collections, and we'll never see the boxsets anytime soon.  Why should they release interesting rarities when they could keep putting out the same songs over and over?...  As long as these crappy releases keep selling We'll never get anything good. Stop buying this crap!...that's my solution.  Anyway,  Happy thanksgiving everyone!

great idea... they release, and we buy.... they release the same thing and we keep buying......
you give us a great solution for the "release" problem

P.A
vadenuez user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 263 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 09, 15:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, reaching #3 in the first week means basically that everyone who planned to buy it, already did. If next week they start falling to lower positions, it'll be obvious that their staying power is over (as it happened to TCR). They should stayed some more weeks in the top 5 or 10 to call AG a sales success.

Makka user not visiting Queenzone.com
Makka
Bohemian: 242 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 09, 00:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just a little top up for everyones bank accounts, that's all!

Posted: 27 Nov 09, 00:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the next release?....AG part 2!....then after that?....Queen + paul greatest hits!....

The Flash Danny Project user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 166 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 09, 05:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

3 words:

1.GET

2. OVER

3. IT

Insert stupid signature here
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 09, 05:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote:

Don't you ever grow tired of your Statler & Waldorf act? We do.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

rocking-granny user not visiting Queenzone.com
rocking-granny
Rocker: 16 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 09, 17:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hi, stop buying greatest o.k. but what about millions of letters to emi or brians soapbox and offer a real fan collection
legal good quality and live not rock you, gaga ,crazy more in this way liar mustapha rock´n roll medley e.c.t.

buffypython user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 72 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 09, 18:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote:

No band from the 70s can put out a record today that competes with music that was written at their creative peak, with or without the original members.

Though anything they write now, outside of their "creative peak", is certainly better than most of what's being called music today. Most of the artists I can stand from today are the ones who're inspired by Queen.

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 09, 06:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rick wrote:

Sebastian wrote:

Interestingly enough, you have expressed your humble opinion about their little side project umpteen times now. It's getting a bit tedious.

Interestingly enough, no matter how many times we tell him that it's gotten tedious, past expiry date, etc., he'll continue to say things the fans don't want to hear cos he knows it will annoy us anyways.

Posted: 29 Nov 09, 03:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

buffypython wrote:

Sir GH wrote:

Though anything they write now, outside of their "creative peak", is certainly better than most of what's being called music today. Most of the artists I can stand from today are the ones who're inspired by Queen.

I don't agree!...Queen havn't released good music for a very long time.  If brian and roger wern't playing on TCR you wouldn't have given it a second thought.