Bohemian: 411 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Nov 09, 16:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He's my best friend he's my champion
Soul Brother user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 411 posts

Posted: 30 Nov 09, 16:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry about that - don't know what happened about that last post. However, seriously I wonder what you think about the possibility of Roger and Brian playing at Glastonbury in 2010. Brian made the hint about playing with Robert Plant and Robert Plant said this:

http://www.glastowatch.co.uk/2009/led-zeppelin-robert-plant-glastonbury-2010/

I think the whole thing is all very interesting. Perhaps even Mr Deacon could return to the fold for a very interesting one-off!?

You would have to think that if Robert Plant did play it would be with a Led Zeppelin hat on rather than a 'helping Queen out' hat!

He's my best friend he's my champion
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 30 Nov 09, 17:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Which Queen?

Killed by drones.
Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 30 Nov 09, 21:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I choose to hide from the all seeing eye."

Best.  Signature.  Line.  Ever.

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 09, 02:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd love to see Brian and Roger and as small a band as possible.  Sick of the endless backing singers, Jamie with his dodge harmonies, Spike with his ... Spike face ...  and those trendy hordes of people playing African drums ... you can keep 'em.  I just want Roger, Brian, someone playing bass, bammo.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
brians wig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2239 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 09, 07:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

I'd love to see Brian and Roger and as small a band as possible.  Sick of the endless backing singers, Jamie with his dodge harmonies, Spike with his ... Spike face ...  and those trendy hordes of people playing African drums ... you can keep 'em.  I just want Roger, Brian, someone playing bass, bammo.  

I don't think Brian can play the songs like he used to anymore (arthritris in his fingers?), hence the presence of Jamie...

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 09, 17:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

brians wig wrote:

I don't think Brian can play the songs like he used to anymore (arthritris in his fingers?), hence the presence of Jamie...

Not at all.  His playing was as good as ever on the last tour.  It certainly isn't a health issue, as he's had Jamie since 1993.  He's there to make the sound fuller, just like Spike played guitar on Hammer To Fall in the 80s.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Jam Monkey user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jam Monkey
Bohemian: 664 posts

Posted: 02 Dec 09, 12:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Soul Brother wrote:

Perhaps even Mr Deacon could return to the fold for a very interesting one-off!?

Perhaps even Mr Deacon could return to the fold for a very interesting one-off!?

That I doubt very very much, but if he did I would be there by hook or by crook

Contact me, I'm no Darth Vader: jam_monkey@hotmail.com
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 02 Dec 09, 12:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Brian can still play just fine ...  if there is any difficulty there it is surely a mental one.  He does not give the impression of a man who is chomping at the bit to be in music right now - and that's his prerogative.  But I don't think it's arthritis stopping him, not at all.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller