forum rss feed
Author

Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Nov 09, 23:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

[URL=http://pictures.queenzone.org//Queen/queen-1989_41120022071.jpg][IMG]http://pictures.queenzone.org//Queen/queen-1989_41120022071.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
If I wasn't a Queen fan, I wouldn't have known if he was sick with AIDS. He looks very healthy here.

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 09, 01:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There's a little piece of AIDS on his chin.  You have to look really close, though.

I thought it was a piece of taco meat at first.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 09, 01:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

(shrugs) to me it just looks like he went a little heavy on the makeup.  20 years of hindsight means we now know the reason why, but at the time I wouldn't have looked at that and said "That man looks ill".

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth

Posted: 01 Dec 09, 02:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I do know that Freddie did have some spots removed from his face. He used makeup, then the beard to hide the blemishes. If anything, apart from the beard, he looks a bit fatter in the face. If you simply switched his beard out for his mustache, he's back to his "pre-AIDS" self. He looked great for all the Miracle-Era videos.

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 09, 03:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

fred looks a bit chubby in the miracle photo, not ill at all.  The video's for that album he looks much thinner, but still healthy.  He had the light beard thing going.  It wasn't until 1990 that he started to looked really ill.

ParisNair user not visiting Queenzone.com
See right through you!!
ParisNair
Bohemian: 873 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 09, 04:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Compare this with 1986 and you know something is amiss.
It still shocks me how a man who looked at his absolute peak healthwise just 3-4 years earlier falls so sick so fast that life just goes out of his body.

pittrek user is on Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 09, 05:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm just re-posting the image :

Well he doesn't look much healthy to me :( He looks strange, but not like a man with a deadly disease

Angeline user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 344 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 09, 05:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

His eyes are deadened.  He looks a lot less attractive but not 'dying'.

bobo the chimp

Posted: 01 Dec 09, 05:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think if anyone looks like they have AIDS in this, it's Brian.  Look at him!  That's one grim mother fucker.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Martin Packer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 528 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 09, 09:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Three things:

1) His eyes look pained. Whether psychologically or physically.

2) I'm told some of the anti-AIDS drugs have an effect on cheek shape.

3) I think he may well have attempted to bulk up, knowing he'd lose a lot of weight in the end.

I don't particularly like to think about this stuff. And I recall being totally fooled at that time. But with the benefit of hindsight here we are.

Martin
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth

Posted: 01 Dec 09, 12:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mike hunt wrote:

fred looks a bit chubby in the miracle photo, not ill at all.  The video's for that album he looks much thinner, but still healthy.  He had the light beard thing going.  It wasn't until 1990 that he started to looked really ill.

When DID he start losing the weight? I mean, I watched "I Want It All" and he does look a bit swollen up. My guess was sometime between late '89 to early '90 because if you compare him from any of the Miracle-era videos to a video when Queen accepted the "Top Band of The 80's" reward, he's starting to look gaunt in the face.

Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth

Posted: 01 Dec 09, 12:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://pictures.queenzone.org//Freddie_Mercury/e083118A.jpg

Here's Freddie from 1986.

http://pictures.queenzone.org//Freddie_Mercury/freddie-and-mary-xd_81020032087.jpg

There's Freddie from 1988

http://pictures.queenzone.org//Freddie_Mercury/1990-headlong-video-session_1111629278510.JPG

Here's Freddie from 1989 (On shoot of "The Miracle)" 

I don't know how to post images right on a post, but it looks like he started "looking" sick at the end of '89.

Attachment: 092301362820648.jpg 41 KB
This has been downloaded 115 time(s).

theCro user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 09, 12:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

I think if anyone looks like they have AIDS in this, it's Brian.  Look at him!  That's one grim mother fucker.

as i told you in previous thread, when you offended Brian, to take you pills, i'm now telling you, as advice: you should get psychiatric help, as soon as possible.

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 09, 13:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Headlong video was remarkable for it's record of Freddie's physical decline over just a few short months.  The footage was shot from fall '90 into early '91 and you can clearly see how much more gaunt and sick looking he was in the yellow sweater parts as compared to the shirt and tie (earliest footage)  and vest (waistcoat to some) shots from 1990.

bobo the chimp

Posted: 01 Dec 09, 13:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

theCro wrote:

your mother is retard

lyricalassasin77 user not visiting Queenzone.com
lyricalassasin77
Bohemian: 435 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 09, 16:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why is this topic continually such a morbid fascination for people? Do you get some pleasure in highlighting and noting the regression of Freddie's appearance? I mean I been a member on here for like 5 or 6 years now and I wish I had a dollar for every topic that was centered around Freddie's sick appearance, when did Freddie know he had AIDS?, how many lovers did Freddie have, Does anybody have any pics of Freddie sick with AIDS...etc, etc. There's so much else to talk about besides Freddie's appearance and fight with AIDS....You want morbid go to Rotten.com....Peace

Dislocate your spine if you don't sign.....He say's I'll have you seeing double
QUEENexpert user not visiting Queenzone.com
QUEENexpert
Champion: 78 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 09, 19:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think they just look old. well, not old, but aged. and Freddie does look pained, but it doesn't look like he has AIDS. and Roger is still just as yummy as ever.

"Black on, black on, every fingernail and toe we've only begun begun."
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth

Posted: 01 Dec 09, 20:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QUEENexpert wrote:

I think they just look old. well, not old, but aged. and Freddie does look pained, but it doesn't look like he has AIDS. and Roger is still just as yummy as ever.

Agree, but what's the "pained" look in Freddie's eyes? They all look healthy/in good shape for their ages.

ParisNair user not visiting Queenzone.com
See right through you!!
ParisNair
Bohemian: 873 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 09, 20:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

This would be around the time when he was startign out with Anita right?

Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth

Posted: 01 Dec 09, 21:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ParisNair wrote:

Zebonka12 wrote:

This would be around the time when he was startign out with Anita right?

Yeah