forum rss feed
Author

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Dec 09, 03:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just a little reminder that December 1st is the World AIDS day. Still millions of people are dying of this terrible disease due to lack of knowledge and mostly lack of money for necessary treatment. Since anti-retroviral treatment has been available in the rich nations AIDS has moved much out of the focus of international attention. Thanks to the various AIDS charity organisations and famous people like Nelson Mandela, Annie Lennox, Elton John and Queen  people have a chance to get the treatment they need.

So please - if your Christmas charity budget allows for a little additional donation - you can still sponsor another star on the donation page of the Mercury Phoenix Trust

http://stars.loveroflifesingerofsongs.com/

I do not want any google ads here.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 09, 03:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sponsoring the cause by not having any sex.

Cheers for the link though, should have a bit left over to throw their way this Christmas

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
ParisNair user not visiting Queenzone.com
See right through you!!
ParisNair
Bohemian: 873 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 09, 04:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was pleasantly surprised to read in the papers today that HIV infections have decreased in my city.

HIV: Positive news for Mumbai
Data from the Mumbai Districts of AIDS Control Society (MDACS) shows that HIV infection rates in the city are dropping. Once known as the HIV capital of India, Mumbai has recorded lower scores for all groups, including pregnant women, sex workers and their clients. While in 2002, 17% of the men who got themselves tested were positive for HIV, in 2009, till October, only 8.6% of those who were tested proved positive. The all-India figures too show the same trend.

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 09, 13:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the reminder YourValentine.

The Mercury Phoenix Trust website is terribly neglected.  It has to affect donations.