Forums > Personal > Tiger Woods, anyone?

forum rss feed
Author

*goodco* user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1128 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Dec 09, 18:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So surprised there are no topics on this board yet, so here goes........

As a 14 handicapper, I respect the hell out of his game, attitude, etc.  (an understatement and a half).

The world's most recognizable athlete.......I don't begrudge him one bit, though my accomplishments won't come within one onebillionth of his.

If he is somewhat near the lead, I'll watch the tournament.  Same with Mickelson.  Other than those two, I'll put the tourney on and fall asleep, unless it is a major.

We went to DC to see him over July 4th weekend at HIS tournament.  The mania was incredible.  We already have tickets and a hotel for next year's Philly venue. 

but...........WTF?!?!?!?   I am imperfect, but I don't have the world's eyes on me.  It won't be the same.  Just like Bill Clinton, there is still the aura, but there will always be the stigma, and I could really care less about what he accomplishes in the future.  Actually hope he falls short of Nicklaus in regards to majors.  Jack and Arnie and Ben and Byron never played 'alternate courses'.

stupid is, as stupid does

"Discretionary posting is the better part of valor." Falstaff
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 09, 04:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What did he do to offend you that much?

I do not want any google ads here.

tcc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1580 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 09, 07:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He cheated on his wife.  Such a stupid thing to do.  Is it worth it ?

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 09, 10:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another over hyped story. Enough already!....I personally don't know why the guy would cheat. His wife is flat out beautiful.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18625 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 09, 10:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He's the world's best golfer, amongst the most popular and respected athletes of all time, has a trophy wife... and he still wasn't happy.

He's no idiot, as he knows very well this could have destroyed his reputation.  But on the flip side, it simply indicates how much he needed something else to fill in whatever gap in his life there was.  This just goes to show that money, fame and fortune, and having a wife and kids (i.e. the things that society tells us should make us happy) isn't what it's all about.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca

Posted: 04 Dec 09, 20:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

per mike hunt:  "overhyped"......what does one expect?

For charisesake, the man is a billionaire!  With endorsements, youth golf foundations, charity foundations receiving millions of dollars if his name is attached, and one says 'overhyped'?  OY

I hoped like heck that he simply had a couple of drinks, still suffered from jet lag for being in China and Australia the past couple of weeks, and messed up.

Not this. 

Loved Jasper Parnevik's response (he introduced Woods and his wife).

"Next time, I hope she takes a driver at him instead of a 5 iron."

Perfect, and priceless.

Thank you, Sir GH, for a very fitting and thoughtful response.

«¤~Mrš. BÃD GÛŸ~¤» user not visiting Queenzone.com
«¤~Mrš. BÃD GÛŸ~¤»
Bohemian: 479 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 09, 17:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Meh, he's no different than any other celebrity that has fame an fortune and screwed around on his wife, the sad part is the media and tabloids will eat him alive. That's one of the perks that comes when your rich & famous.

Here's a few jokes to lighten the situation:

Tiger Woods crashed into a fire hydrant and a tree, He couldn’t decide between a wood and an iron.

What’s the difference between a car and a golf ball?  Tiger can drive a ball 400 yards.

What is the penalty for getting it in the wrong hole? Ask Tiger, he knows.

¥~Ït’š iñ thë LåÞ øf thè Gódš~¥
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 09, 00:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I loved watching him get upset a few weeks back when all of a sudden he was making slightly less than perfect shots.  

I guess 200 trophies aren't enough sometimes.  

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 07 Dec 09, 04:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*goodco* wrote:

per mike hunt:  "overhyped"......what does one expect?

For charisesake, the man is a billionaire?  With endorsements, youth golf foundations, charity foundations receiving millions of dollars if his name is attached, and one says 'overhyped'?  OY

I hoped like heck that he simply had a couple of drinks, still suffered from jet lag for being in China and Australia the past couple of weeks, and messed up.

Not this. 

Loved Jasper Parnevik's response (he introduced Woods and his wife).

"Next time, I hope she takes a driver at him instead of a 5 iron."

Perfect, and priceless.

Thank you, Sir GH, for a very fitting and thoughtful response.

yes, overhyped!....he cheated on his wife,  which most rich men do.  He didn't kill anyone. or rape anyone. He didn't die.   Who really gives a rats ass if tiger (i'm human) woods cheats on his wife. how does this effect my life?....it doesn't!....in other words, it's "overhyped"  maybe the media should worry about terrorists hitting america again.  I wouldn't mind if it got a mention in the paper, or something, but this is overkill. 

The Real Wizard

Posted: 07 Dec 09, 09:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mike hunt wrote:

maybe the media should worry about terrorists hitting america again.

Indeed, nothing beats keeping people afraid..

All they need to do to prevent another terrorist attack is get the hell out of the middle east.  They meddle in affairs that aren't their own as if they run the world, and they scratch their heads wondering why these people fly airplanes into their buildings.

Sorry for hijacking.. continue with the oh-so-necessary discussion on the extra-marital affair that is dominating the news these days...

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts

Posted: 07 Dec 09, 09:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

he's had more birdies than Greg Norman
knows a thing a two about using his putter
used his 6 iron in her bunker

you want me to carry on or shall i put the Tiger Woods christmas crackers back in their box?

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

bobo the chimp

Posted: 07 Dec 09, 09:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He's as black as I am.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
YourValentine

Posted: 08 Dec 09, 05:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The media make a big business out of the misery of a family only because the husband is an extremely talented and successful athlete. Shame on everybody involved, it's nobody's business. I get sick when I see these vultures picking on the lives of other people.

JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts

Posted: 08 Dec 09, 09:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

first Thierry Henry is exposed as the coniving,cheating,chease-eating surrender monkey we always knew he was then Tiger Woods was found to be using his putter more often than he should be on other peoples bunkers..
i cant wait to see what Roger Federer has got lurking inside his white tennis jacket.
i bet Gillette are shitting themselves a new brand of shaving cream over this :-p

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 08 Dec 09, 10:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I get sick when I see these vultures picking on the lives of other people.

Uh, we are on a fan website.  A website that picks the lives of Freddie, Roger, Brian, and John.  And it's not all rosey stuff, either.  By the way, you're the moderator!!!

Anyone being critical of a news reporter doing their job should never "blog" or "post" again.  There's always someone wanting to "blame the media" for blowing something out of proportion when it is their own damn fault. 

I, for one, would love to see what Tiger has in his Shag Bag.

YourValentine

Posted: 08 Dec 09, 12:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First of all, I do not moderate the opinions of people on this board, I do post my own opinion.
Secondly, I do not see any "news" value when the private life of a so-called celebrity is concerned - mainly when this celebrity did not invite the press into his private life before. I criticise what I want and it's not up to you to tell me that I can't.

bobo the chimp

Posted: 08 Dec 09, 12:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A great golf ad just loaded under Joxer's post.   :D  Come on guys, 3 days of golf from only $375!

Posted: 08 Dec 09, 13:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The press have left Mr. Woods alone for over ten years.  They respect his privacy.  The fans respect his privacy.  He has led everyone on to a 'squeaky clean life style'.

No one was at his house a couple of weeks ago at 230 AM.  He is the one who ran over a fire hydrant, and in to a tree, and his wife smashed out his rear window with a 5 iron. 

It has now come to light, that the world's most recognizable athlete, has had affairs with more than one woman.  Not because he is a man, or a rich man, or.........

He is liked or disliked because he wins.  He is liked or disliked because he is aloof.  He is liked or disliked because of his personality.  But, he was very well respected due to his character and squeaky clean image.  No one could ever dispute that.  Women liked him.  Minorities liked him.  Majorities liked him.

If a John Daly messes up, no one is surprised.  Love him or hate him, he is not exactly a model citizen. 

Ratings on TV are at about a "2" when Tiger is not in contention.  They are at a "6 to 8" when he is in contention.  The attendance at tournaments suffer when he is not participating.  The galleries are enormous when he is.  Much like The Beatles, there was a mania.  Hell, 2,000 surrounded the practice tees at the tourney we saw him at.  Many started to leave so that they could see him at the first tee after a while.  When he left, there were perhaps 100 people watching the remaining pros. 

"Image"?  Hell, there are debates on this site regarding Freddie's mustache.  And his flamboyant lifestyle that came to light later on. 

A man who is in a sport that makes itself out to be 'pristine', gets endorsements due to that image.  One who totally effs up that image, deserves to be burned.  As well he should be.

Keep the new Tiger jokes coming.  I am sure that the idiots who would shout out 'get in the hole' will have a whole new take on his use of other 'holes' over the years.  Alternate back nine comments are acceptable.

YourValentine

Posted: 08 Dec 09, 15:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is a Queen website - so if people  want to discuss Freddie's moustache, it's probably the place where they can do it. CNN, for example, is a news page and not a Tiger Woods fan website, so the ridiculous amount of "news" concerning a very private affair is maybe not so appropriate. Reading the user comments on CNN it seems like people are already fed up with it. Of course - when people are so interested in other peoples' marriage problems, let them dicuss it and let them judge for all I care - it's a free world. Personally, I can find that sickening but if you find it appropriate, then your wish to have Tiger Wood's infidelity made national news is fulfilled, good for you. This is what my American co-worker said about it today: "The world looks to Copenhagen and worries about our future of this planet while the United States dicuss the extra marital affairs of a golfer". I can only agree.

The Real Wizard

Posted: 08 Dec 09, 17:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with YV's stance on this one.

My old signature was a great quote from Eleanor Roosevelt, and it applies perfectly to just about any situation, particularly this one..

"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, and small minds discuss people."