Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Freddie Replicates the Studio Version of Need Your Loving Tonight LIVE!

forum rss feed
Author

Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Dec 09, 19:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_eTV9cnWLw
AMAZING! Those B4's are awesome!


I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Dec 09, 20:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have one of those strange flashbulb  memories of being 13 years old and hanging out in this seedy arcade, eating a bag of sour cream and onion chips while pumping quarters into the jukeox to play "Need Your Loving' and 'Don't Try Suicide' in heavy rotation. Ah.  Queen, Galaga, Space Invaders and a hot hand on the foosball table. Good times.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18636 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Dec 09, 21:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote















Gregsynth wrote:







http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_eTV9cnWLw
AMAZING! Those B4's are awesome!






Indeed.  Hands down, it's the best live version on tape.  Here's the whole recording if you're interested:

http://www.queenzone.com/forums/981128/announce-oakland-7-14-80-third-gen-flac.aspx



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
lyricalassasin77 user not visiting Queenzone.com
lyricalassasin77
Bohemian: 435 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Dec 09, 22:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Too bad they didn't play this song on more than a few tours. What a good song, and in my opinion John's best composition!


Dislocate your spine if you don't sign.....He say's I'll have you seeing double
Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Dec 09, 22:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the links Sir GH! Man, Freddie was REALLY on top during that era. Wish the cigarettes didn't fuck his timbre up.


I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
Angeline user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 344 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Dec 09, 04:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Unbelievable!!!

I'm not enough on an expert on queen concerts to do this but wouldn't it be good to have a thread with the best live versions of each song?  Perhaps this already exists but I'm interested as I haven't heard that many bootlegs.

daffy_the_duck user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 746 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Dec 09, 11:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote







Angeline wrote:



Unbelievable!!!

I'm not enough on an expert on queen concerts to do this but wouldn't it be good to have a thread with the best live versions of each song?  Perhaps this already exists but I'm interested as I haven't heard that many bootlegs.



www.queenlive.ca

you'll find a top 10 list






panasonic user not visiting Queenzone.com


add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Dec 09, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fantastic vocals without a doubt!
Minor stuff up on guitar at approx 1:13 where Brian plays the wrong chord, but all's good it's an honest human performance unlike some others these days!


Yara user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Dec 09, 10:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is one of Freddie's top performances.

The way he deliveres almost every song in this concert is pretty impressive.

And I am very fond of this song. : -))) It made for such a nice live number.


Yara
Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Dec 09, 15:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Yara wrote:

This is one of Freddie's top performances.

The way he deliveres almost every song in this concert is pretty impressive.

And I am very fond of this song. : -))) It made for such a nice live number.

Freddie's golden period was during that time! What if he singed NYLT at Live Aid?








I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
Angeline user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 344 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Dec 09, 16:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Gregsynth wrote:







Yara wrote:



This is one of Freddie's top performances.



The way he deliveres almost every song in this concert is pretty impressive.



And I am very fond of this song. : -))) It made for such a nice live number.


Freddie's golden period was during that time! What if he singed NYLT at Live Aid?


















I imagine if he had sung it at live aid he would have altered the high notes like he did with other songs.





Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Dec 09, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Angeline wrote:







Gregsynth wrote:



















Yara wrote:







This is one of Freddie's top performances.







The way he deliveres almost every song in this concert is pretty impressive.







And I am very fond of this song. : -))) It made for such a nice live number.






Freddie's golden period was during that time! What if he singed NYLT at Live Aid?






































I imagine if he had sung it at live aid he would have altered the high notes like he did with other songs.





Respectfully disagree Angeline: I think Freddie would NAIL that song at Live AID. He replicated Radio Ga Ga, He got the B4 on Hammer to Fall, and he got the C5 on Champions. I think he could do it!







I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
Angeline user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 344 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 09, 01:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Gregsynth wrote:







Angeline wrote:



















Gregsynth wrote:











































Yara wrote:















This is one of Freddie's top performances.















The way he deliveres almost every song in this concert is pretty impressive.















And I am very fond of this song. : -))) It made for such a nice live number.














Freddie's golden period was during that time! What if he singed NYLT at Live Aid?

















































































I imagine if he had sung it at live aid he would have altered the high notes like he did with other songs.















Respectfully disagree Angeline: I think Freddie would NAIL that song at Live AID. He replicated Radio Ga Ga, He got the B4 on Hammer to Fall, and he got the C5 on Champions. I think he could do it!













You may be right.




Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 09, 16:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wish Queen got MORE TIME at Live Aid!


I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
4 x Vision user not visiting Queenzone.com
4 x Vision
Bohemian: 508 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 09, 12:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Really poor if compared to the following cover tho...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpTiQDExBmk&feature=related


Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 09, 14:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Van Basten 9 wrote:

Really poor if compared to the following cover tho...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpTiQDExBmk&feature=related

LMFAO!









I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury