forum rss feed
Author

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7593 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Dec 09, 04:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brianmay.com offers the Brian and Roger commentaries to the Absolute Greatest Hits (CD2) in 8 different languages as pdf files.

Free download here:

http://www.brianmay.com/queen/queennews/queennewsdec09.html#27

I do not want any google ads here.

vivaqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
vivaqueen
Bohemian: 777 posts

Posted: 23 Dec 09, 06:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

merci beaucoup miss valentine

CERATOPHRYS user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 277 posts

Posted: 23 Dec 09, 07:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks a lot!!!!

Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2041 posts

Posted: 23 Dec 09, 08:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oh ! many thanks !

Bring out the charge of the love brigade
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10013 posts

Posted: 23 Dec 09, 09:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very nice :)

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 23 Dec 09, 10:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A great gift for fans who haven't picked up AG, and just in time for Christmas. Thanks to all responsible, particularly Roger and Brian.

PauloPanucci user not visiting Queenzone.com
papp
PauloPanucci
Bohemian: 990 posts

Posted: 23 Dec 09, 11:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

THANKS!!

P.A
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 23 Dec 09, 13:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

'Deacie'... Huh?!

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4258 posts

Posted: 24 Dec 09, 01:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"My Best Friend", "Those Were The Days Of Our Lives" - I can't believe such mistakes are made in official documents/releases :D

Vali

Posted: 24 Dec 09, 04:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

'Deacie'... Huh?!

yes .... I´m still like this [img=/images/smiley/msn/whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif][/img]

Vali

Posted: 24 Dec 09, 04:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pim Derks wrote:

"My Best Friend", "Those Were The Days Of Our Lives" - I can't believe such mistakes are made in official documents/releases :D

.... and I´m still ike this  too  [img=/images/smiley/msn/whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif][/img] 

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10013 posts

Posted: 24 Dec 09, 05:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well I'd say somebody transcribed it from the CD while listening to it, not knowing some of the "facts"

papp
PauloPanucci

Posted: 24 Dec 09, 08:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vali wrote:

Pim Derks wrote:

.... and I´m still ike this  too  [img=/images/smiley/msn/whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif][/img] 

yes, me too [img=/images/smiley/msn/whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif][/img]

in official documents/releases [img=/images/smiley/msn/whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif][/img]
 i think they need a dictionary!!!!

P.A
papp
PauloPanucci

Posted: 24 Dec 09, 08:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes, me too [img=/images/smiley/msn/whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif][/img]

in official releases [img=/images/smiley/msn/whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif][/img]

i think they need dictionary[img=/images/smiley/msn/regular_smile.gif][/img]

P.A
papp
PauloPanucci

Posted: 24 Dec 09, 08:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

man.... this website have a problem........... i can't post what i write!!!!! i'm typing and when I "post message", vanish the things that i typed!!!

P.A
The Flash Danny Project user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 166 posts

Posted: 25 Dec 09, 00:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's interesting to notice the differences in Brian's and Roger's commentary styles.

Brian is such an egomaniac, always quick to state exactly how he was involved in the song's production, e.g. "much to everybody's surprise, this is not MY riff", whereas Roger is very humble and always remains diplomatic.

Insert stupid signature here
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12697 posts

Posted: 25 Dec 09, 02:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Flash Danny Project wrote:

Brian is such an egomaniac, always quick to state exactly how he was involved in the song's production, e.g. "much to everybody's surprise, this is not MY riff", whereas Roger is very humble and always remains diplomatic.

There's nothing diplomatic about Roger calling their music videos boring, or stupid, or having nothing to do with the song topic.  Which he did plenty of on GVH2.  And a Brian comment like your example is justifiable if he gets a ton of letters from people mistakenly crediting him with wrong riffs while they're praising him - which is bound to have happened over the 20 years he was in Queen, and the 20 years since then.    I'm going to guess that your comment is a joke.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
The Flash Danny Project user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 166 posts

Posted: 25 Dec 09, 05:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

The Flash Danny Project wrote:

There's nothing diplomatic about Roger calling their music videos boring, or stupid, or having nothing to do with the song topic.  Which he did plenty of on GVH2.  And a Brian comment like your example is justifiable if he gets a ton of letters from people mistakenly crediting him with wrong riffs while they're praising him - which is bound to have happened over the 20 years he was in Queen, and the 20 years since then.    I'm going to guess that your comment is a joke.

Listening to Brian rant on about how good he is and how the idea started with him and how he decided to take things in a different direction is clearly him masturbating all over their back catalogue. Yes, we know he's a virtuoso, we don't need him to constantly remind us.

I prefer Roger's viewpoint, as he always manages to say it the way it is. A lot of the band's 80's output was fairly pedestrian, and he's one with the stones to admit it. And to his credit, he rarely toots his own horn, and regarding his own talents, he's always referred to them and himself in the context of the band.

Insert stupid signature here
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12697 posts

Posted: 25 Dec 09, 14:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You are engaging in blatant selective listening.  Cough up some examples or give up ...   I've heard his commentaries too, you know.  You aren't having this argument with someone who hasn't heard him speak at length before.  

In fact I really don't think you describe either of them terribly accurately.  If this wasn't a Queen site and you hadn't said Brian and Roger, I wouldn't have a clue who you were talking about.  Again, I'm particularly fond of their commentaries so I'm a bit puzzled here.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6242 posts

Posted: 25 Dec 09, 15:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think Bri's an egomaniac. I do think, however, that this AC demonstrates, once again, that Rog's got a much better memory.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.