Forums > Personal > I have beaten Treasure Moment

forum rss feed
Author

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 09, 11:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For real.  On Boxing Day I took part in a new low in live band performance.  HOWEVER, it's a new year and I'm adopting a new philosophy, and that is to look for positives in everything.   My friends, I have snatched victory from the jaws of defeat - I have done a worse show than Treasure Moment.  I rejoice!

PS.  I like my hair though.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3667 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 09, 14:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You tried your best but you didnt beat treasure moment, he is still king cock. Are you the singer? If so... no one expects you to jump about like an idiot but at least make it look like you want to be there!

Happy New Year.

:-)

Angeline user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 344 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 09, 17:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I still don't really understand how the whole hatred of Treasure Moment started...can someone fill me in in a paragraph?

bobo the chimp

Posted: 28 Dec 09, 00:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mooghead wrote:

You tried your best but you didnt beat treasure moment, he is still king cock. Are you the singer? If so... no one expects you to jump about like an idiot but at least make it look like you want to be there!

Happy New Year.

:-)

Nah, the guy who did most of the singing is my mate Chad.  Not sure what his damage is to be honest, during rehearsals you couldn't hold him down if you tried ....  I guess he was having an off day.

Happy New Year!

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
bobo the chimp

Posted: 28 Dec 09, 00:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Angeline wrote:

I still don't really understand how the whole hatred of Treasure Moment started...can someone fill me in in a paragraph?

It's not their music that aggravates people so much; it's their attitude.  According to TM, Queen and TM are the only good bands in history.  Everyone else is "overrated MTV garbage", "talentless", "we have 100s of songs that are way better we just haven't recorded them yet".

Even though they keep breaking up and losing members and their only big exposure so far has been a terrible collaboration with a tone deaf baldy.  They are better than the Beatles.

One member in particular gives them a bad name, but the other guy is pretty nice.  He even sent me their much-maligned song "Warrior" when the other guy had flatly refused for years on end.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18635 posts

Posted: 28 Dec 09, 01:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Angeline wrote:

One member said they were better than The Beatles (because their songs were simple and "written for babies") and even Mozart (because his music wasn't "catchy" enough).  We all stood in awe.

How's that for a paragraph?

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
bobo the chimp

Posted: 28 Dec 09, 02:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My two favourite quotes are :

"You are in denial".

"I know Freddie would have liked our music".

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10071 posts

Posted: 28 Dec 09, 04:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're still not as good as these guys

The GODS OF ROCK !

Posted: 28 Dec 09, 05:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote:

Angeline wrote:

One member said they were better than The Beatles (because their songs were simple and "written for babies") and even Mozart (because his music wasn't "catchy" enough).  We all stood in awe.

I think you're being too harsh.

I haven't written any songs at all BUT I know if I had, they would be better than the beatles, the stones, Mozart and Bach.  As for Wagner, he should have toned it down a little, there's no way he could replicate the subtlety of all the songs I haven't written.

And yes, you can bet that 'Freddie Mercury would love my songs'.

In all seriousness though, there's a mental condition that springs to mind, often signifying the beginning of a schizophrenic breakdown, I believe it's called megalomania.

dragon-fly user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 600 posts

Posted: 28 Dec 09, 05:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, hello Mr. Mika..... :P

Maybe you have beaten Treasure Moment but R. Plant with Innuendo have beaten you!

Honestly, the voices supposed to be audible more. :)

bobo the chimp

Posted: 28 Dec 09, 11:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Again with the Mika thing!!! Hahaha.  

It's the room, honestly.  The band that played after us has gigged a fair bit and are very well rehearsed, but their stage sound was pretty much the same.  

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts

Posted: 28 Dec 09, 14:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would just like to take this opportunity to say that Wagner was not just a very unpleasant anti-semitic bastard with paranoid leanings, but also lacked any hint of good taste whatsoever in orchestration. His works have a subtlety I can only compare to playing Brahms' Wiegelied (Lullaby) on a fog horn.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

bobo the chimp

Posted: 28 Dec 09, 14:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When you consider some of the imagery his music has come to be associated with, I guess the subtle approach simply wouldn't cut it!

Posted: 28 Dec 09, 15:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ThomasQuinn wrote:

I would just like to take this opportunity to say that Wagner was not just a very unpleasant anti-semitic bastard with paranoid leanings, but also lacked any hint of good taste whatsoever in orchestration. His works have a subtlety I can only compare to playing Brahms' Wiegelied (Lullaby) on a fog horn.

He was an anti-semitic bastard wasn't he!  What a tool.  For some reason when I hear his works I just picture a huge terrifying clown face.  Don't know why.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18635 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 09, 00:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Angeline wrote:

In all seriousness though, there's a mental condition that springs to mind, often signifying the beginning of a schizophrenic breakdown, I believe it's called megalomania.

Indeed.  And that's a great tune by Muse.  Oh wait, they're modern and not Treasure Moment, so they must be crap.. !

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca

Posted: 29 Dec 09, 04:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote:

Angeline wrote:

Indeed.  And that's a great tune by Muse.  Oh wait, they're modern and not Treasure Moment, so they must be crap.. !

Yeah I thought I liked that song too...silly me.

bobo the chimp

Posted: 29 Dec 09, 09:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote:

Although if you write suitably predictable Swedish death metal, you can sneak in under the radar.  Somehow.

Karmablade user not visiting Queenzone.com
Karmablade
Rocker: 25 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 09, 21:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote:

Angeline wrote:

its only the truth, for the record im no longer a part of TM, i have a new band that is totally different music, karmablade, its death metal.

bobo the chimp

Posted: 29 Dec 09, 22:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Mark it down on the calendar!  This is a red letter day for music.

I thought you said Treasure Moment was going to the top.  :(  What happened?

Karmablade user not visiting Queenzone.com
Karmablade
Rocker: 25 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 09, 22:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Mark it down on the calendar!  This is a red letter day for music.

I thought you said Treasure Moment was going to the top.  :(  What happened?

the music has all the potential in the world and with the right singer it would be a huge band however my brother insists on singing and i dont like his voice at all and think it totally ruins the music, with him on vocals the band has no potential. Im focusing on my metal band karmablade.