forum rss feed
Author

Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jan 10, 20:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They never seem to work right AT ALL. I've followed every direction right, etc. And I CAN'T GET anything downloaded!I wish it was MANDATORY that the concerts would be uploaded to Mediafire, megauploader, etc. That way, it's EASIER for EVERYBODY to download their favorite concert.

BTW, I'm trying to RE-Download the Leiden show from 6/11/86.

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 10, 20:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm pissed off that I want them all so badly, and am hamstrung by the fact that my home internet connection is paid for by my workplace and I can't justify the bandwidth it would take to download them and participate one way or another in helping make them available for others.  It's truly breaking my heart.

Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth

Posted: 05 Jan 10, 20:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GratefulFan wrote:

I'm pissed off that I want them all so badly, and am hamstrung by the fact that my home internet connection is paid for by my workplace and I can't justify the bandwidth it would take to download them and participate one way or another in helping make them available for others.  It's truly breaking my heart. 

That truly sucks. Bandwidth restrictions? When I was at CMU, there was a 5 gb limit PER WEEK for the internet, Downloading a concert would use up at least ONE GIG! Plus if you went over, there were small fees.

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
tcc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1581 posts

Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth

Posted: 05 Jan 10, 21:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Those links don't work.

ilikefreddyguy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 173 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 10, 23:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ugh.

Even worse than shoddy torrents are screwed up id3 tags.

I am the kind of person that has to go Fix EVERYTHING on them

If it says "Machine (Back to humans)" I can not SLEEP until it is  "Machines (or 'Back to Humans')"

Or when you download them and all the tracks are in alphabetical order instead of how they're placed on the album. I refuse to listen to Queen II if it's not in order!

ilikefreddyguy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 173 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 10, 23:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 10, 03:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gregsynth - some of the torrents are very old but you can ask for a re-seed in the thread where they are posted. There are always some kind people who reseed them for you. It's obvious that the  people who want the shows outnumber the people who are willing to donate their time and bandwidth by far - not to mention the unfriendly responses to some shares. The Queen hub is a good alternative to the torrents because in the hub files are shared for a long time - some users share over 1TB of material.

GratefulFan - I am very sorry that you are unable to download the concerts for bandwidth reasons. The only alternative would be a bootleg tree but last time I started one it died very quickly because people simply did not copy/forward the CDs, so I am out of ideas.

I do not want any google ads here.

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10071 posts

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10071 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 10, 04:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GratefulFan wrote:

What ? In 21st century ? I remember these problems from cca 1995/96

GratefulFan

Posted: 06 Jan 10, 11:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the commiseration guys.  The bandwidth is there - I'm not restricted to a small pipe or anything, it's just more of an ethics thing.  Should I really be using this work provided connection for a blatantly personal use that is so hard on resources kind of thing. Often when  I do something "big" at home, our network guy has to check out the logs and I have to say "Oh that was just me" and it's fine because I sit right beside him, but it's still inconvenient for him. And then add to that the fact that I can't in good conscience just take and not give back, every concert I want represents multiple gigs flying around over days. Sigh.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 10, 11:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GratefulFan wrote:

Thanks for the commiseration guys.  The bandwidth is there - I'm not restricted to a small pipe or anything, it's just more of an ethics thing.  Should I really be using this work provided connection for a blatantly personal use that is so hard on resources kind of thing. Often when  I do something "big" at home, our network guy has to check out the logs and I have to say "Oh that was just me" and it's fine because I sit right beside him, but it's still inconvenient for him. And then add to that the fact that I can't in good conscience just take and not give back, every concert I want represents multiple gigs flying around over days. Sigh.

If there's any particular concerts you want, let me know. If I have them, I'll burn a cd and mail them to you.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth

Posted: 07 Jan 10, 00:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

GratefulFan wrote:

If there's any particular concerts you want, let me know. If I have them, I'll burn a cd and mail them to you.

Leiden 1986 (first night). Please??
I'm DESPERATE for that concert!

Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003

Posted: 07 Jan 10, 11:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry, I dont have Leiden 86.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth

Posted: 07 Jan 10, 15:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Which ones do you have?

Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003

Posted: 07 Jan 10, 16:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gregsynth wrote:

Which ones do you have?

Everything except Leiden ;)

Ginger01 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2611 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 10, 16:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Torrents only die if no one has the files.  Before you write a torrent off :

1. Bump the thread.
2. Request the show in the Request forum
3.I don't have everything but I have a fair amount.  You can always PM me, and if I have the show I'll share it (by torrent!)

I would have launched a new torrent for Leiden 11 June 12986 but I see someone already seeded it - thanks to them!  But I'll always help out if I can :))

GratefulFan

Posted: 07 Jan 10, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

GratefulFan wrote:

That would be so, so appreciated.  Let me do some research on Bob's site, and see if I can come up with a brief list of the ones that I would really love to have the most.  Or perhaps you can recommend the best from the stuff you do have? Thanks again for the offer. :)

Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003

Posted: 07 Jan 10, 18:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GratefulFan wrote:

Holly2003 wrote:

GratefulFan wrote:

That would be so, so appreciated.  Let me do some research on Bob's site, and see if I can come up with a brief list of the ones that I would really love to have the most.  Or perhaps you can recommend the best from the stuff you do have? Thanks again for the offer. :)

Boston 76 and Sun City spring immediately to mind.

Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth

Posted: 07 Jan 10, 20:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How About Newcastle 1979,  Wembley 1980, or Leeds 1982?