forum rss feed
Author

Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Jan 10, 22:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can someone please send me an mp3 of this song by Roger Taylor? When I downloaded Strange Frontier, that song wasn't included.
Pretty please???

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
tcc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1581 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 10, 23:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You forgot to say "please". 

I don't have it, sorry.

Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth

Posted: 07 Jan 10, 00:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I edited my original post! LOL

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth

Posted: 07 Jan 10, 02:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have the album! I just don't have the SONG! LOL

ludwigs user not visiting Queenzone.com
ludwigs
Bohemian: 459 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 10, 09:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You can go to You Tube. It's not great quality but at least you get to hear how it sounds and how you can still compare it to Dylan's original (shorter and not as repetetive)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okoGiyktvEw

Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth

Posted: 07 Jan 10, 15:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is a great song! I tried downloading using downloadhelper, but I'm getting it in Mono.

Edmund user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 24 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 10, 06:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi I have sent you an e-mail to your profile.
Please get in touch if you wish to discuss the track.

Cheers

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4283 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 10, 09:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Buy the fucking CD.

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 10, 10:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pim Derks wrote:

Buy the fucking CD.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth

Posted: 10 Jan 10, 18:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ThomasQuinn wrote:

Pim Derks wrote:

Buy the fucking CD.

I HAVE the album. I just don't have the song!!!

Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth

Posted: 10 Jan 10, 18:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Edmund wrote:

Hi I have sent you an e-mail to your profile.
Please get in touch if you wish to discuss the track.

Cheers

===========
I sent you a PM!

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 10, 18:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you have the album, but don't have the song, what's being assumed is that you did not purchase the work legally.  Not to be a pain in the ass, and not intending to lecture you, but ripping off whole albums of official releases is kind of bad juju.  Slowly but surely over many years, and more to come, I'm collecting all the official Queen related releases I want.  It takes time, and patience and dedication, and yes, actual money that can't then be spent on something else. To me it's about respect for the artist and gratitude for the music, which is a huge force in my life. If you want to sample and listen, there's stuff all over YouTube.  If you want the pride of ownership, that should be earned.  I have this battle with my 14 year old son all the time.  His (your) generation have no real reason to think twice about it so you kind of have to push yourself to a place that is not instinctive because it means giving up some self interest.  You talked about downloading 'The Unblinking Eye' too. If you're a fan of Taylor's, I don't think consistently helping yourself to his music is the best expression of that.  Just something to think about.  My apologies in advance if I've called this wrong.

Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth

Posted: 10 Jan 10, 21:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GratefulFan wrote:

If you have the album, but don't have the song, what's being assumed is that you did not purchase the work legally.  Not to be a pain in the ass, and not intending to lecture you, but ripping off whole albums of official releases is kind of bad juju.  Slowly but surely over many years, and more to come, I'm collecting all the official Queen related releases I want.  It takes time, and patience and dedication, and yes, actual money that can't then be spent on something else. To me it's about respect for the artist and gratitude for the music, which is a huge force in my life. If you want to sample and listen, there's stuff all over YouTube.  If you want the pride of ownership, that should be earned.  I have this battle with my 14 year old son all the time.  His (your) generation have no real reason to think twice about it so you kind of have to push yourself to a place that is not instinctive because it means giving up some self interest.  You talked about downloading 'The Unblinking Eye' too. If you're a fan of Taylor's, I don't think consistently helping yourself to his music is the best expression of that.  Just something to think about.  My apologies in advance if I've called this wrong.

I do understand exactly 100% with what you are saying: But here's the hitch: When I meant downloading, I purchased MP3 files (legally) off of amazon ("Buy the Mp3 album for $7.99"). So I legally bought/downloaded the album. Unfortunately, I didn't get "Masters Of War." If I were to re-do it, it would cost 99 cents. So It's like I'm ripping myself off a dollar (I paid the $7.99 but didn't get a song= see the equation)!
As for The Unblinking Eye, I found it on "4shared." BTW I never download whole albums, just single songs. 

GratefulFan

Posted: 10 Jan 10, 22:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Did you try taking it up with Amazon? If there is an error in their process they might like to know about it...

Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth

Posted: 10 Jan 10, 22:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I did send them an email about it. I'm still waiting for a reply.

GratefulFan

Posted: 10 Jan 10, 23:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amazon is amazing.  They should run the world.  I get Amazon stuff in my mailbox and it's like waaah?  Turns out I'm ordering it in an hour.  I'm sure they'll sort it out for you.