Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Queen the single worst band of the '70's?!!

forum rss feed
Author

cacatua user not visiting Queenzone.com
cacatua
Bohemian: 514 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jan 10, 17:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They have had this 50 Great Voices project going on, on National Public Radio here in the states. I nearly choked on breakfast this morning when they were talking about it on the radio, when someone from the "panel of judges", arguing with another one over Freddy Mercury,  said that Queen was the single worst band of the 70's! I'm not the only one protesting that statement at their website. They may have said a lot of things like that while making their choices but this one they used on air, and I think that sucks!

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=122693575

Everyone thinks his own fleas are gazelles.
GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 10, 19:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There is a faction of critics out there that have absolute and bitter contempt for Queen.  To me, it's incomprehensible. Lukewarm or indifferent I could disagree with, but understand.  But the 'worst band of the 70's' types and the Dave Marshes (his 1979 review of Jazz was off the chain) are alien to me.  I think they need to be probed.

cacatua user not visiting Queenzone.com
cacatua
Bohemian: 514 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 10, 20:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well I think you are right. The little twerp should be sent somewhere to have his head surgically removed from his ass, where it has apparently been lodged for so long that it has become attached!

Everyone thinks his own fleas are gazelles.
ilikefreddyguy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 173 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 10, 01:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Listen, Queen just has to deal with the fact that they were always a cheap imitation of Hall & Oats.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12697 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 10, 01:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well ... they were, I'm glad they've finally broken up.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
philip storey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 520 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 10, 06:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hall & Oats sounds like a breakfast cereal !! Out of Touch,Family Man can't think of any others, but yes they sound just like Queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jazz 78 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 501 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 10, 11:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's just an opinion that's all. An opinion is like an asshole... everyone has one and it's usually full of shit.

master marathon runner user not visiting Queenzone.com
master marathon runner
Royalty: 1198 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 10, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A quote from Freddie at Wembley '86 seems appropriate: (While pointing at his arse) 'they talk from here ! '

Master Marathon Runner.

Master Marathon Runner