Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Paul Rodgers was asked to join Aeroshite

forum rss feed
Author

skip user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 622 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jan 10, 22:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/joe-perry-wanted-paul-rodgers-to-join-aerosmith/

Classic Rock can confirm that Paul Rodgers was invited to be Aerosmith’s new frontman.
This happened at the Classic Rock Roll Of Honour in London last November, when Aerosmith’s troubles with singer Steven Tyler were just beginning to surface.
The awards were a star-studded affair. Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry and Rodgers were among the multitude of high-profile rockers in attendance.
During a break in the ceremony Perry approached Scott Rowley, Classic Rock’s Editor In Chief, and asked him: “Can you introduce me to Paul Rodgers?”
Amazingly, Perry had never met the Free/Bad Company/The Firm/Queen + Paul Rodgers frontman before.
Rowley guided Perry to Rodgers’ table and the two stars engaged in conversation while Rowley chatted to Rodgers’ wife, Cynthia.
However, Classic Rock’s Jerry Ewing, who was sitting at the table, overheard Perry make a direct approach to Rodgers about replacing Tyler in Aerosmith.
Ewing recalls:
“Basically Scott came over with Joe Perry who had asked to be introduced to Paul. After an initial introduction Perry started saying how Rodgers was his second-favourite vocalist of all time.
“Rodgers typically asked who Perry’s favourite was, and Perry said: ‘The lead singer of Aerosmith.’ Cue some embarrassed laughter.
“The talk then moved on to what Perry was doing and he said that he was doing the Joe Perry Project and they were looking to come over here and tour, at which point Rodgers mooted the idea of them supporting Bad Company on their just-announced shows.
“The next thing, Perry is starting to tell Rodgers that they have problems with Tyler and that they intend to carry on regardless – and how great it would be if Rodgers took the slot, and would he be interested in trying out?
“If I remember correctly there were the usual ‘how flattering’ platitudes but no real commitment, as you’d expect, nor refusal.”
Classic Rock knows of two more major names who have been approached to sing for Aerosmith.
We’ll be revealing another of those names on www.classicrockmagazine.com tomorrow (Thursday, January 28), with the final one to follow on Friday. So stay tuned to the Classic Rock website.
The March issue of Classic Rock, which goes on sale next Wednesday, February 3, features Joe Perry on the cover and contains more exclusive Aero-revelations.

Brian May: "I like KISS a lot. I have a great regard for KISS 'cause it's all-out. They just had their vision, they had their dream, and they damn well went for it."

ilikefreddyguy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 173 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 10, 23:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lord, can you imagine that noise?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM JANIE'S GOT A GU-E-U-E-UUUN

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 28 Jan 10, 03:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't wanna miss a thaang HIT ME WITH YOUR HEART AND WITH YOUR SOUL BAABAY.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 28 Jan 10, 03:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Every song would have OOOH YEAH at the start.  Annoying blues/saxophone-esque trills at the end of each verse.  And a deliberately recorded "Ha ha ha" at the end to make people think that the song was the result of an amicable jam.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 28 Jan 10, 03:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That made me completely fall off the stage (backwards).  I've knocked myself silly and must go on a drinking binge.

brians wig user is on Queenzone.com

Deity: 2236 posts

Posted: 28 Jan 10, 05:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh Christ.
If Steve isn't well enough to sing on tour, then I won't be buying tickets, especially if Paul Rodgers takes over.
It's bad enough he can't sing Queen songs properly, but I don;t want to hear him fuck up Aerosmith songs as well.

I suspect he will say no for fear of becoming known as "the worlds greatest stand-in"!

rubens user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 151 posts

Posted: 28 Jan 10, 07:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

paul will never scream or dance like steve and that´s what always make aerosmith so great... so I would prefer they replace steve with liv tyler cause if she can ´t sing, at least she will be good to the eyes

BradJarre user not visiting Queenzone.com
BradJarre
Royalty: 1086 posts

Posted: 28 Jan 10, 08:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I want to go to an Aerosmith concert, But with the original setting, However, I think Paul can do a pretty good job, He has a great voice, Even live..

IF ANY ONE WANTS MY MSN ITS TOPGEAR1990@HOTMAIL.COM

I love cool edit pro.

Working on a tribute cd and need some input for songs from you:D

August R. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 561 posts

Posted: 28 Jan 10, 10:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

skip wrote:

After an initial introduction Perry started saying how Rodgers was his second-favourite vocalist of all time.

Vow! Rodgers is Freddie's favourite singer and Perry's second-favourite.

Sebastian user is on Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 28 Jan 10, 10:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

August R. wrote:

skip wrote:

After an initial introduction Perry started saying how Rodgers was his second-favourite vocalist of all time.

Vow! Rodgers is Freddie's favourite singer and Perry's second-favourite.

And soon they'll be saying he was Steven's favourite as well. Or maybe, if Mr Tyler's mum is still alive, she'll go to one of the concerts and Joe will dedicate 'Dude Looks Like a Lady' to her.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 28 Jan 10, 11:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Classic Rock can confirm that Paul Rodgers was invited to be Paul Rogers’ new frontman.... Just be patient and it will happen in some years.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 28 Jan 10, 12:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does this mean NO Paul Rodgers & Hammerstein?  Cancel the T-Shirts!!!!

PauloPanucci user not visiting Queenzone.com
papp
PauloPanucci
Bohemian: 990 posts

Posted: 28 Jan 10, 14:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Every song would have OOOH YEAH at the start

hahahahahaha.... yeah, it's true!

lol

P.A
Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts

Posted: 28 Jan 10, 23:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paul Rodgers is the only person other than Steven Tyler I can see fronting Aerosmith - not permanently of course. They both have blues influence in their singing, one having less(Tyler), one more(Rodgers). I'm pretty sure this is gonna happen.

"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
skip user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 622 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 10, 00:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

brians wig wrote:

Oh Christ.
If Steve isn't well enough to sing on tour, then I won't be buying tickets, especially if Paul Rodgers takes over.
It's bad enough he can't sing Queen songs properly, but I don;t want to hear him fuck up Aerosmith songs as well.

I suspect he will say no for fear of becoming known as "the worlds greatest stand-in"!

Paul Rodgers told Joe Perry that he was busy with Bad Co.

Brian May: "I like KISS a lot. I have a great regard for KISS 'cause it's all-out. They just had their vision, they had their dream, and they damn well went for it."

PauloPanucci user not visiting Queenzone.com
papp
PauloPanucci
Bohemian: 990 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 10, 19:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

skip wrote:

brians wig wrote:

Oh Christ.

Paul Rodgers told Joe Perry that he was busy with Bad Co.

i hope he stays busy with bad co. for a long time

P.A
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 10, 17:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote:

Does this mean NO Paul Rodgers & Hammerstein?  Cancel the T-Shirts!!!!

WHAT?! I won't be able to hear him sing his heart out on The Sound Of Music anymore then!! :-(

How do you solve a problem like Aerosmith?

jazzy mercurois user not visiting Queenzone.com
Holy shred!
jazzy mercurois
Royalty: 1716 posts

Posted: 31 Jan 10, 03:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

IT SEEMS THAT PAUL'S ONLY GOAL IS TO DESTROY EVERY GOOD BAND

What's the deal with this guy? He sucks!

CONLACANTINACONLACANTORACONLATELEVISIONGASTADORA
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 31 Jan 10, 04:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Now now, here's another question: Will it still be Aerosmith, or Aerosmith + Paul Rodgers?

mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3667 posts

Posted: 31 Jan 10, 09:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love the fact the original poster calls Aerosmith Aeroshite when he spunks over the word 'Kiss' when at the end of the day all anyone actually knows about Kiss is that its just a bunch of grown 'men' that wear makeup.

Unbelievable.