Those who bought ANATO on street date or saw the NOTW tour have nothing to brag about
Think about it :
- Greg Brooks is doing a splendid job at prepping an Anthology that our grand-grand-children might just be lucky enough to see ! Or not, but it's all right !
- Queen's latest release, Absolute Greatest, was an incredible thrill : iconic artwork, undisputable track listing (who could have wanted Innuendo instead of WWTLF ?), the ever so subtle "let's crank it up to 11" Bob Ludwig remaster !
- WWRY is still going strong : Internet GaGa indeed !
- High profile collaborations with the Muppets, Adam Lambert or Jedward keep enriching the band's legend
- Solo projects are rising high : Brian producing the new Aretha Franklin, Kerry Ellis, Roger making the best of the Strings sounds of his home keyboard on the thought provoking Unblinking Eye
- Brian leaving music behind for much more exciting ventures such as stereoscopic photography (he's better at 3D than James Cameron, don't forget that) or defending helpless cute badgers and foxes
Why should we moan ? We are spoiled !
Well, maybe not as spoiled as Genesis fans : after 30 years of hoping for a reunion, a lot of anticipation regarding their upcoming R&R HoF induction, Peter Gabriel just told everyone he won't even bother to attend, let alone perform, because he'll be too busy rehearsing deconstructionist covers of Radiohead for his "Let Me Bore To Tears Tour".
I knew this day would come : I miss Paul, his goatee, his snake leather pants and his ubiquitous Oooh Baby Yeahh Gimme Some Rock & Rooooool