Forums > Queen - General Discussion > What will be the Next Queen release

forum rss feed
Author

qrock user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 313 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 10, 12:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think a lot of people are now getting tired of all the Queen compilations and other albums being released. I bet that the WWRY film will have a Soundtrack and will probably be the next Queen CD to be released.

qrock user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 313 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 10, 12:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree. I think WWRY film will have a soundtrack. I think Queen are desperate to sell more albums.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 10, 13:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I disagree with all three of you.

The next release will be a $7.99 compilation, probably 8 or 9 tracks.  My suggestion is "Queen -The Encore Collection"

david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2017 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 10, 14:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

think this over.............there might not be another queen release.

queen79luca user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 179 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 10, 20:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope it ll be a turning point, cause after the single collection 3 and Ghvideo 3 there s nothing more....

They (b+r) played in Taylor Hawkyns new album, so hopefully a mini-tour will come up.

As DVD I would like to see Final Live in Japan with great 5.1 sound and a great-master remix(the keyboards sounds too high)!

I think its a great concert !

Concerts from the 70s

ilikefreddyguy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 173 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 10, 20:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A collection of popular Queen songs, a good 7 or so of them.
It'll be called
VINTAGE QUEEN
With a sticker on the front that reads
Including "C-Lebrity"

Rubbersuit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 331 posts

Posted: 22 Feb 10, 09:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^^Win^^

bigV user not visiting Queenzone.com
bigV
Royalty: 1646 posts

Posted: 22 Feb 10, 12:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seriously...

Hammersmith 1975 (to coincide with the DVD release), followed by "Queen Ballads". That's my best guess.

V.

I'm as mad as HELL, and I'm not going to take this anymore!

plumrach user not visiting Queenzone.com
plumrach
Bohemian: 716 posts

Posted: 22 Feb 10, 14:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Something from the works tour or the 86 show at budapest would be good to see

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts

Posted: 22 Feb 10, 15:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

qrock wrote:

I think a lot of people are now getting tired of all the Queen compilations and other albums being released. I bet that the WWRY film will have a Soundtrack and will probably be the next Queen CD to be released.    

there is no queen

Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10014 posts

Posted: 22 Feb 10, 15:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow 74 March - very unlikely that they have it reasonable quality
Rainbow 74 November - it looks like they have it only on VHS or even VCD . Or they were too lazy to look for a better copy
when they prepared the "Absolute Greatest" videos.
Hammersmith Odeon 75 - I hope that they are still working on this, I'd like to see an offiicial release of it.
Hyde Park 76 - this depends really on the fact if they have the multitrack audio tapes or not. The only properly mixed track we've seen on official releases was Sweet Lady, and that one is taken from the 1976 BBC Old Grey Whistle Test show, all other official bits use the terrible audio from the video cameras.
Earls Court 77 - great show, but they would have to work very hard on removing all the technical errors (especially Freddie's mic) so I doubt this will get released
Tokyo 79 - I think they have this one complete and in great quality, so this would be a realistic release. Unfortunately Freddie sounds terrible, so I doubt it will get released.
Hammersmith Odeon 79 - perfect setlist, perfect performance, great audience, great camera - this could really be a best selling DVD. Unfortunately they won't release it because they obviously don't have the multitrack masters, and the audio
filmed by the cameras is far from excellent
Buenos Aires 81 - they have this one complete, but probably in the same quality as we all have (judging from Rare Live). I don't believe this will get released in the near future.
Japan 82 - nothing prooves they have more songs than the Japan-only VHS and LD (even when they definitely have the proper intro to Now I'm Here), so even if they'd release it, it's  not interesting for people like me.
Rio 85 -  I see this quite realistic, since it was already released on VHS and Queen tend to release only stuff which they released before. Unfortuntately there's nothing remotely interesting on this show for me.
Budapest 86  - according to Miklos they don't have the original master, so they could  only release the same cut as they released on VHS/LD, so I again see  this quite realistic.
Wembley 86 - I'm quite sure that this will get at least one more release, for example with all the footage they have from the first night (at least One Vision and Love Of My Life exist and were not added to the last DVD)
Knebworth 86 - I personally consider it to be the best 1986 gig so I'd love to see it on an official DVD, no matter how long it would be

Sorry for the copy&paste

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10014 posts

Posted: 22 Feb 10, 15:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

qrock wrote:

there is no queen

Ever heard about Elisabeth II ?

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 22 Feb 10, 17:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

honestly?
if QPL and Brian have anything to do with it...something dull and completely useless to any true fan...

if the Archivist has anything to do with it....it'll be all of the above and completely shit, incorrectly labelled, and probably a live DVD he stated countless times never existed in the first place

go deo na hÉireann
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18455 posts

Posted: 22 Feb 10, 20:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote:

Rainbow 74 November - it looks like they have it only on VHS or even VCD . Or they were too lazy to look for a better copy when they prepared the "Absolute Greatest" videos

Probably the latter.  These shows were properly shot on film, so they should still exist in the vaults in pristine quality, both audio and video.

Earls Court 77 - great show, but they would have to work very hard on removing all the technical errors (especially Freddie's mic) so I doubt this will get released

But they do have the second night as well.  The question is, how much.. ?

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 10, 01:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote:

I disagree with all three of you.

The next release will be a $7.99 compilation, probably 8 or 9 tracks.  My suggestion is "Queen -The Encore Collection"

Probably, haha

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
QUEEN+PAULRODGERS user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 10, 11:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FOR ME IT WILL BE GREAT THAT QUEEN RETURN TO STUDIO TO RECORD A NEW ALBUM, IM VERY TIRED OF absolutelly greatest or thinks like that

Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3169 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 10, 11:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with the last comment: I would like to see another Queen album!

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury