Forums > Personal > Is it classy or elegant when girls swear like old washer women??

forum rss feed
Author

Queen Archivist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 850 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Feb 10, 10:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is a subject that interests me a great deal. It came up again yesterday, unexpectedly-ish, on moanzone, so I wanted to see what you think about it.













Rather than start again, I'll use some of my words from another thread that I addressed to charming Holly 2003, in order to put over what I mean.







I said...







Do you know what, Holly2003, I find you incredibly dull too. Exceptionally so, in fact. You never have anything nice to say. Ok, you dislike me. I have no problem with that. People like you I can do without in my life... ...I always know what you're going to say, more or less, and then, on cue, you say it. Never anything different; just the same old same old.... ...You of course have to denigrate that and belittle it in any way you can. That's what you do... ...Yesterday all you could add to a thread of mine was "Fuck off". There again you show your lack of class and intelligence. Holly, can't you try occasionally to show some finesse, elegance, eloquence indeed... a sophisticated side? Has anyone ever suggested this to you?







I stand by this 100%. Things like finesse, elegance, eloquence, sophistication, ladies being ladylike, are somewhat lacking from certain females on this site, and everywhere else today.







The main thrust of my point is basically this... There used to be a time when girls, ladies, did not say things like "Fuck off" because to do so would show them in a shabby basic demeaning light, and appear common and crude. And I guess this has implications for the parents too, unfairly, by association, because people make assumptions. "She has a mouth like a sewer - it probably began at home." In fact, for a bloke to swear in the presence of a woman used to be a massive taboo until recent times where females such as you know who turned all that on its arse... more's the pity. It is widespread and rife wherever you go now.







Here in 2010 females like dear silk-tongued Holly still band about language like that of a welder working with like minded guys in a factory. It lacks class, for certain, and is so very ugly and inappropriate. I urged H to 'Please try harder. I bet your mum and grandmother would agree. Ask them.'







I don't think it is old fashioned to regard it as ladylike for a female, young or old, or indeed ESPECIALLY young or old, not to say Fuck Off and Bollocks and the C*** word all the time. I think it even degrades a male to speak with such little respect too. I hate the fact that I myself say fuck too often, and that sometimes I accidentally say it in the presence of women, which is inexcusable. But when I encounter a female who uses Fuck here there and everywhere, like a common washer woman, as I said earlier, it truly sticks in the air.







Is it acceptable now then??? It is ok to hear Holly say that so casually and it not be conspicuous? Shouldn't such examples be EXTREMELY CONSPICUOUS?????







I asked Holly, "Are you one of those people that tells your parents to fuck off, too, as well as strangers like me, without even batting an eyelid?? Is this 'normal' for you?" And I am awaiting her no doubt charming and classless reply.







I know a LOT of people that still get very very offended if someone swears in the presence of their wife or girlfriend or mother or children, and rightly so. A lot of people get very upset by this, while others care not a jot. I hear women in the supermarket sometimes who use Fuck, like Holly2003, at the drop of a hat in ordinary conversation, as children and old folk walk past with bemused expressions, as if it were the most natural thing in the world.







It's not very classy is it?








GB
Oi ! Fingers ! user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 25 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Feb 10, 10:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just called my my Mum and she said this."Do Fuck off Greg"
Nuff said

Queen Archivist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 850 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Feb 10, 10:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey there Oi Fingers....
That's out of character for your mum.
I know she says bollocks wank turd shit and tosspot quite a bit, but usually she doesn't use Fuck.  This is a serious deterioration old son.
Sort it!!!!!
Burn it!!!!
Aren't we due a burn up, by the way???????????



GB
GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Feb 10, 11:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Man, Greg, you can really be an absurd person, or persona, whatever.  This is not a gratuitous dig.  I am a relative newbie here, and I have been genuinely taken aback at how you conduct yourself at times. Don't bother with the bandwagon defense because 9 times out of 10 in life I find myself swimming upstream. Nothing has ever made me feel uneasy about being a loyal Queen fan until I bumped into you, and that's the truth.  That someone with ties to the organization would exhibit the behaviour you do is a little startling.  You tout the gravity of your responsibilities and don't even have the common sense to know your most self indulgent antics can and will register as disrespect and dismissiveness from Queen directly to their most committed fans.  The reality and responsibility of your privileged job is that you can't be here without being in part an ambassador for the band.  You're the single worst ambassador I've ever seen.

Queen Archivist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 850 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Feb 10, 12:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Grateful Fan

Honestly, I used to agree with much of what you say, I really did.  But things here gradually changed my mind over time.  BUT... only in the context of here. NOT anywhere else.

I REALLY agree with you about the Ambassador thing, generally, but you evidently think I conduct myself the same way everywhere else I go, a big assumption, which is simply not the case at all. Nothing remotely like that.  Do not judge a book by the the first sentence of the first paragraph of page 1, because the remainder may well be VERY VERY different and your initial assumption proven quite wrong.

You seem to think that I am like I am here on QZ, elsewhere in life, which to me is rather strange. Very Very Very NOT THE CASE, I assure you.

Come to any Convention and see for yourself.  The most common comment I get everywhere I go is, "In person, Greg, you are nothing like you are on QZ. Why do you present such a facade there?"  People genuinely truly believe that QZ is the measure for everything, whereas it is merely a polarised tip of a very vast iceberg - on so many things - including the apparent personality of certain people.

You say.....   Nothing has ever made me feel uneasy about being a loyal Queen fan until I bumped into you, and that's the truth.  I really don't understand this. How did you come to be so easily swayed and influenced????? That is weird for me to comprehend from an intelligent person as you clearly are.

You shouldn't be allowing ANYONE to make you feel that, and that's the truth.  Why would you?  Isn't your inner character stronger than that Grateful fan?  If you let me or others make you feel uneasy, I honestly feel that is a weakness in you, more so than anything else.

But most of what you say I would agree with.

Come to the Convention, have a beer or two, realise people on QZ are very different in person. Test this, see for yourself, and come back and comment further.





GB
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Feb 10, 13:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

1. moved from the serious forum
2. Holly is male - I hope I am not telling a secret  :-)
3. I did not read the post completely, so if Queen came up I apologize for not having moved it to the general forum


I do not want any google ads here.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4707 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Feb 10, 13:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



YourValentine wrote:

1. moved from the serious forum
2. Holly is male - I hope I am not telling a secret  :-)
3. I did not read the post completely, so if Queen came up I apologize for not having moved it to the general forum


Next you'll be revealing my secret superhero identity. Anyone ever wonder why Holly2003 and the Swamp Thing have never been seen in the same room together?







"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
catqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
:)

Royalty: 1758 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Feb 10, 14:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought Holly is a man?  I'm nearly sure Holly is a man!  You are male, aren't u Holly?  So swear away! :P

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Feb 10, 14:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Greg,

Like countless thousands of devoted Queen fans, I am unlikely to ever attend a Queen convention.   As such, this forum is the the only contact I'll have with you as an individual and as an emissary of sorts for the band.  Are you satisified with your self presentation?  You shouldn't be.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Feb 10, 19:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Greg,

I, too, will probably never attend a Queenvention or whatever you call it.  I went to a Star Trek convention once when I was a kid.  Scared the hell out of me.  Seeing a bunch of people dressed up as Freddie In Drag is not something on my priority list, as I'm sure it's about the same as a bunch of people dressed up as Klingons.

Have you ever been to a Star Trek convention?  If so, were you Federation or Romulan?  Can you imagine what it must be like to be the Star Trek Archivist?  I'm fairly certain he would probably be a little nicer to the fans, maybe even offer for us to Live Long and Prosper.

Live Long and Prosper, Greg.

«¤~Mrš. BÃD GÛŸ~¤» user not visiting Queenzone.com
«¤~Mrš. BÃD GÛŸ~¤»
Bohemian: 479 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Feb 10, 20:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have to ask, who the hell are you to be so judgemental??
Maybe you irritated and pissed Holly2003 off to the point  that there was nothing else left to say and it had to be said, plain and simple. My God...no one is perfect.
Funny and interesting Holly turned out to be a man and it backfired on you.
Anytime you want to come down off your indignant, self righteous pedestal let us know.





¥~Ït’š iñ thë LåÞ øf thè Gódš~¥
Lisser :) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 70 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Feb 10, 23:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm guilty of using swear words and I am a girl. I say whatever I feel needs to be said, colorful words included if I feel like it. I not too concerned about what other people may think of it, certainly not concerned with people on an internet forum. I would never speak to my parents or grandparents (God rest their souls), or my elders that way and I'm sure they wouldn't provoke me to want to curse at them but I am not beyond the occasional "Fuck off" especially if someone I'm dealing with is just not worth any more effort than "fuck off" requires me to exert.


Meep!!!
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Feb 10, 23:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's a proven fact that a good deal of swearing is connected to profound emotion.  I have no problem with swearing my arse off because it's usually when I strongly believe in something.  If the person I'm talking to wants to make the incorrect assumption that I don't have a decent vocabulary to draw upon, and that I'm just a foul mouthed yob, then that's their problem and not mine!

To answer the thread title; now THAT is bollocks.  Why one should be expected to be classy or elegant just because they have a cunt is beyond me.  We're all people, we all have some axe to grind, we all have the odd thing that keeps us awake at night, and we're all going to wind up the same way - dead.  There's no reason to cast aspersions on a man or woman for bucking an illusory trend with their choice of verbiage.

Having said that, I'm well aware that GB is just playing around and that there's no point writing a serious response of any kind, but the thread got me thinking.  Toodles!


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
ilikefreddyguy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Feb 10, 04:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm a woman. Not a classy one, but whatever.

Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Feb 10, 05:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Holly2003 wrote:



 



YourValentine wrote:



1. moved from the serious forum
2. Holly is male - I hope I am not telling a secret  :-)
3. I did not read the post completely, so if Queen came up I apologize for not having moved it to the general forum



Next you'll be revealing my secret superhero identity. Anyone ever wonder why Holly2003 and the Swamp Thing have never been seen in the same room together?





Or Batman......... or is that a "rumour" too far??????

[img=/images/smiley/msn/wink_smile.gif][/img] 







"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
emrabt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1118 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Feb 10, 06:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



YourValentine wrote:

1. moved from the serious forum
2. Holly is male - I hope I am not telling a secret  :-)
3. I did not read the post completely, so if Queen came up I apologize for not having moved it to the general forum

Just a quick question. why do you move some posts, like this, but not others, like the 5 or 6 treasure moment threads on the general queen discussion boards that have nothing to do with queen?


catqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
:)

Royalty: 1758 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Feb 10, 14:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Zebonka12 wrote:


 Why one should be expected to be classy or elegant just because they have a cunt is beyond me.



This is the best and funniest thing i've heard in a very very very long time.  I think it will be one of those remarks that will make me smile when i remember it for a very long time.




Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Feb 10, 20:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



















































Zebonka12 wrote:









 Why one should be expected to be classy or elegant just because they have a cunt is beyond me.






























catqueen wrote:

This is the best and funniest thing i've heard in a very very very long time.  I think it will be one of those remarks that will make me smile when i remember it for a very long time.

Ha!  I should know better, but I'm laughing too.  Zeb, you know most women wouldn't refer to theirs as that, don't you?  Jeez that word is gross!











I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Feb 10, 20:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



emrabt wrote:







YourValentine wrote:



1. moved from the serious forum
2. Holly is male - I hope I am not telling a secret  :-)
3. I did not read the post completely, so if Queen came up I apologize for not having moved it to the general forum


Just a quick question. why do you move some posts, like this, but not others, like the 5 or 6 treasure moment threads on the general queen discussion boards that have nothing to do with queen?









inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Feb 10, 20:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Or better yet, why haven't the TM retards been banned yet??