Forums > Queen - General Discussion > What a concert on DVD, we expect in 2011?

forum rss feed
Author

Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2043 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Feb 10, 05:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I´d like something from the 70´s ..... Live Killers era. That´d be great.

But ..... I´m afraid Budapest ´86 has been there for many years with its excellent picture quality and we all know what the guys, specially Brian, think about such available stuff.

Bring out the charge of the love brigade
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 10, 06:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let the community decide.

pittrek user is on Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10014 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 10, 06:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote:

Let the community decide.
Yes, the last Queen releases did show us that our voice is really important

pittrek

Posted: 23 Feb 10, 09:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Get my version, or Snivvle's version (both were share here)

rubens user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 151 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 10, 09:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

you did a amazing version Pittrek, as always.
Back to the subject, I would love any 70´s show to be released but I will have no problem if they choose Budapest instead.
For me it´s far better than Wenbley and deserves a chance.

BobbytheCat user not visiting Queenzone.com
BobbytheCat
Champion: 66 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 10, 09:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i would pay good money for a complete 70's box
1974 Rainbow
1975 Hammersmith Odeon
1976 Hyde Park
1977 Earls Court
1977 Houston
1979 Hammersmith Odeon
plus all the xtra bits 'n pieces like the WATC video shoot documentary and Earls Court other show

one can only dream and hope....

it's good 2 b bad
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18453 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 10, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

community wrote:

It is known that at a concert at Earls Court 1977 with the microphone Freddie was problems, and his voice was lost in some places, and in the end concert when the band bowed and left the scene,the sound disappeared. How Do you think if this concert will be officially released, is there a chance for correcting these errors?

Let's not forget there were two nights..

And let's also not forget that they could have different (and better) audio and/or video than we have.  It's their vaults, so chances are they do.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
pittrek

Posted: 23 Feb 10, 13:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

community wrote:

What are you feeling to the Queen Productions, which so rarely releasing such rare concerts?

What do you mean with "rarely" ? When was the last time Queen Productions released a rare concert ?

rubens user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 151 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 10, 16:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello community! I agree with you that Wembley concert is a milestone but it was the first Queen concert I ever heard. And it was many years ago and since then it have so many releases and I heard and watched it so many times that I think the show get a little boring to me. But of course it´s purely personal : )

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 10, 18:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Community wrote:

I answer to pittrek

We ALL answer to pittrek.

I would just like something that I don't have on VHS or DVD.  Yes, DVDs are nifty... but they're going away.  Been to the DVD section lately?  Notice it has shrank considerably no matter where you shop?  With what little time is left for DVDs (3-4 years, tops) I would hope they make the last couple of releases something new.  If they want to release a re-hash, fine, but hopefully they take care of a few things:

Budapest - Get rid of the tourist footage please.  Make Emma a bonus feature.
Rio - Fix the mix
Wembley - twice was enough or edit out John's package.
Rainbow - just a complete show would be nice

Mr. Bulsara user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 524 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 10, 22:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would like to see the paris 1979 comlplete show if that's possible. I think it's a wonderfoul show and has a great setlist.

André Bulsara
neokaden user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 97 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 10, 23:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would like to launch the concert for the people of Kampuchea + songs of Queen in Sao paulo 1981.

Would be a dream

The best live version of bohemian rhapsody

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLEKlXgEGOA
USQUEENFAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 24 Feb 10, 04:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When was it announced that the xmas gig at hammersmith-odeon was going to be released ????????
if so that is wonderful news at least it can be shown to all the zep heads and the metaloids of the 80s that Queen
could out rock bands like judas priest and all other socalled spiked leather outfit nimrods
nothing against zep AGAIN i love them as well but HANDS DOWN QUEEN IS THE QUINESSENTIAL LIVE BAND EVER

ParisNair user not visiting Queenzone.com
See right through you!!
ParisNair
Bohemian: 854 posts

Posted: 07 Mar 10, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

community wrote:

Does anybody know when will release concert at the Hammersmith Odeon 1975?

Looks like it has gone with the wind. But I sure hope not.

thunderbolt 31742 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thunderbolt 31742
Bohemian: 647 posts

Posted: 07 Mar 10, 14:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There was a lot of talk from Brian about Hammy '75. That'd be very cool--I think that was really a watershed concert for the band. Their first time on a very heavily-watched national TV program, and they delivered a knockout performance.

Realistically, though, I'm sure the guys are watching footage of Budapest '86 and Rio '85 and seeing how much better the quality on that already is. Then they start to think that, well, maybe another later show with all the hits that's already in great quality would be wiser than spending all that time and money getting Hammy '75 up to their standards (remember, this is the band that refuses to release Hammy '79 simply because all they have is the soundboard recording--not the multitracks!).

I'd love to see a "Queen Live at the Hammersmith Odeon" box set, with Hammy '75 and '79 in it. Plenty of bands have released box sets with concerts that aren't multitracked, and had a great deal of success with them (KISSology comes to mind immediately, but knowing KISS, they might have just re-recorded each show in the studio with Eric Singer and Tommy Tribute Band).

"Do you think I should keep this mustache? Did you say no? F--- off."
skip user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 622 posts

Posted: 08 Mar 10, 00:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thunderbolt wrote:

There was a lot of talk from Brian about Hammy '75. That'd be very cool--I think that was really a watershed concert for the band. Their first time on a very heavily-watched national TV program, and they delivered a knockout performance.

Realistically, though, I'm sure the guys are watching footage of Budapest '86 and Rio '85 and seeing how much better the quality on that already is. Then they start to think that, well, maybe another later show with all the hits that's already in great quality would be wiser than spending all that time and money getting Hammy '75 up to their standards (remember, this is the band that refuses to release Hammy '79 simply because all they have is the soundboard recording--not the multitracks!).

I'd love to see a "Queen Live at the Hammersmith Odeon" box set, with Hammy '75 and '79 in it. Plenty of bands have released box sets with concerts that aren't multitracked, and had a great deal of success with them (KISSology comes to mind immediately, but knowing KISS, they might have just re-recorded each show in the studio with Eric Singer and Tommy Tribute Band).

Tribute band? 

No, they weren't re-recorded.  I have 90% of the bootlegs and they're the same.  The only thing that's been improved is the picture quality and sound quality on most of the concerts.

Queenology is a must.  They should follow the KISSology series.

Brian May: "I like KISS a lot. I have a great regard for KISS 'cause it's all-out. They just had their vision, they had their dream, and they damn well went for it."

andreas_mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
andreas_mercury
Royalty: 1068 posts

Posted: 08 Mar 10, 03:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i would like to a proper release of wembley without the overdubs.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18453 posts

Posted: 08 Mar 10, 11:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

andreas_mercury wrote:

i would like to a proper release of wembley without the overdubs.

Another version of Wembley is the absolute last thing we should want.  If you want to hear the uncut version, go download a bootleg from the radio broadcast.  You'll just get more voice cracking and lower notes from Freddie.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
99jaystang user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 153 posts

Posted: 08 Mar 10, 17:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well its been  25 years since Budapest 86. I hoping for a special Blu Ray release. Since it was done in film. It would look fantastic. And hoping they will correct the speed of the audio and clean up the picture.

neokaden user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 97 posts

this video shows that the high-definition video have it, what is missing is the audio of this concert nomas.
Concert for people of the Kampuchea (Hammersmith Odeon 1979) please, Queen Production now!!!

The best live version of bohemian rhapsody

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLEKlXgEGOA