Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Queen reference by Paul Stanley of KISS

forum rss feed
Author

spender75 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 10, 06:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

on KISSONLINE.com a video interview of Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons of KISS were talking about Lady Ga Ga and Paul Stanley gives Queen credit saying that Lady Ga Ga's name is a reference to the Queen song "Radio Ga Ga"

Mario Aguilera III
Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 00:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Paul Stanley likes Queen, but when he said that, he said it with sadness, as in it's horrible that Lady Ga Ga would do bull crap like that.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
skip user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 622 posts

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 00:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr. Britt wrote:

I think Paul Stanley likes Queen, but when he said that, he said it with sadness, as in it's horrible that Lady Ga Ga would do bull crap like that.

Paul likes early Queen.  He didn't like the campy stuff.  He was friends with Roger in the '70s (they had a mutual friend in common) and he is friends with Brian.

Paul recently stated that he likes LGG.  To what degree, I don't know.  He mentioned where she got her name from.

Brian May: "I like KISS a lot. I have a great regard for KISS 'cause it's all-out. They just had their vision, they had their dream, and they damn well went for it."

Jake
Winter Land Man

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 01:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

skip wrote:

Mr. Britt wrote:

Paul likes early Queen.  He didn't like the campy stuff.  He was friends with Roger in the '70s (they had a mutual friend in common) and he is friends with Brian.

Paul recently stated that he likes LGG.  To what degree, I don't know.  He mentioned where she got her name from.

Yes, I am sarcastic and I, too, heard about the Paul Stanley mention of Lady GaGa. A friend of mine, loves KISS, and because of that, he checked out some Lady GaGa songs. I told him he's pathetic and should start taking drugs, since he hasn't taken any, and he was acting as if he does.

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 03:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

skip wrote:

Mr. Britt wrote:

The campy suff?....early queen and camp go hand in hand.  even the first album had some camp.  Are you sure you know about Queen?....also,  is that the reason you don't like certain songs?....because Gene doesn't like those songs?....Would you Jump off a bridge if gene told you to?

Jake
Winter Land Man

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 05:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mike hunt wrote:

skip wrote:

Mr. Britt wrote:

The campy suff?....early queen and camp go hand in hand.  even the first album had some camp.  Are you sure you know about Queen?....also,  is that the reason you don't like certain songs?....because Gene doesn't like those songs?....Would you Jump off a bridge if gene told you to?

Hahaha. Loved your post, Mike! *Goes back to 85*....... Hey, Mike! Paul Stanley can kiss Freddie's hairy, dark, brown butthole, after he took a shit.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4707 posts

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So he didn't like the "campy stuff" yet Kiss dress like a transvestite's nightmare. You couldn't make this shit up.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 17:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mike hunt wrote:

skip wrote:

Mr. Britt wrote:

Paul liked the heavy material.  Wasn't into the campy stuff (Lazing, Seaside, etc.).

No, but I'd bet you'd give Freddie head if he had asked.

I don't like certain songs, because I don't like certain songs.  Pretty simple concept.

BTW, we were talking about Paul, not Gene, dumbass.

Brian May: "I like KISS a lot. I have a great regard for KISS 'cause it's all-out. They just had their vision, they had their dream, and they damn well went for it."

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 17:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr. Britt wrote:

mike hunt wrote:

skip wrote:

Mr. Britt wrote:

Hahaha. Loved your post, Mike! *Goes back to 85*....... Hey, Mike! Paul Stanley can kiss Freddie's hairy, dark, brown butthole, after he took a shit.

Paul's not a homosexual.  Sorry to disappoint your fantasy.

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 17:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

So he didn't like the "campy stuff" yet Kiss dress like a transvestite's nightmare. You couldn't make this shit up.

KISS was initially part of the glam rock era. 

They didn't have a homosexual in their band the way Queen did.

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 17:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

skip wrote:

Liar!

[img=http://dlisted.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/paulstanley.jpg][/img]

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 17:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GratefulFan wrote:

skip wrote:

Liar!

Married.  Father of three children.

Thanks for showing your ignorance.

GratefulFan

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 17:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wonder if Jim McGreevey plays guitar.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4707 posts

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 18:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ladyboy? 

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
GratefulFan

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 19:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paul love Skip long time.  Play C G E, C G E, then love more.

Bo Alex user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bo Alex
Bohemian: 494 posts

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 20:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

skip wrote:

Paul likes early Queen.  He didn't like the campy stuff. 

KISS is very very campy. Probably the most campy band ever. I don't think he said that.

A man who learnt how to teach, but forgot how to learn.

A la grande le puse cuca!!

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 22:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 22:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 22:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

Ladyboy? 

Better to look like that than to look like this:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39585000/jpg/_39585169_mercury_238.jpg

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 22:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GratefulFan wrote:

Paul love Skip long time.  Play C G E, C G E, then love more.

Only in your fantasies.  You may want to keep those to yourself.