Forums > Personal > I Really Need Some Help

forum rss feed
Author

queen_brian_:) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Mar 10, 20:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I posted this in the forum where you can post concerns, but I've decided to post it here also to possibly somehow gain a response:

"I have been requesting for a thread to be deleted that I posted years ago
due to revealing personal content and have received no response from
any queenzone moderators.

I apologized for imposing this request upon the site, but I would really like to have the thread deleted.


I previously requested for it to have been deleted, and the response I
got is that they didn't want to delete it. I pleaded my case, but
received no such luck, and have found this treatment of me unfair.

Why can't i get a response?
Can someone help me with this?"


Now, can someone PLEASE help me with this? If you're a moderator, I can link you directly to the thread I'm referring to.



back chat

back chat

your driving me insane.....
tcc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1581 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Mar 10, 04:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote


Instead of deleting the thread, you can always just delete the information in the particular post by selecting the edit button in that particular post (first picture in the top line of the post), delete the information and post again.

Re-posting of edited information will not not bump the thread up in the index page.  You can experiment with other posts and see the effect for yourself.

However this will not work if someone had replied with quotation to your post because you cannot edit that person's post  :-)



dragon-fly user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 600 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Mar 10, 06:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Forum where you post all concerns" don't read anybody except for those who post there. (I have such feeling :D ).
And there's no mods. Maybe try to PM admin.

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Mar 10, 08:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You sent us 4 emails between March 5th and today. On March 7th you wrote that the thread in question was no longer there and only yesterday you emailed again that the thread was there, after all. This thread has 7 pages of replies and it's not QZ policy to delete 7 pages of postings only because someone asks for it. You did not give us your username or anything that makes it easier for us to check if there is something personal that should be deleted. Glancing over the thread I did not see anything personal that might identify any user.

You can go to your message, click on the edit button and remove whatever personal stuff you want to remove from your message. Please do not ask that messages from other people should be deleted just because you do not like the thread anymore. If you think that there is personal information in a quote of another user, please point out this quote and Richard will decide if this specific post should be deleted. But we need your username and password to make sure you have a legitimate claim to have someone else's post deleted.


I do not want any google ads here.

dragon-fly user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 600 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Mar 10, 09:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Your Valentine-
Can I ask you for a favour? I need to insert a new e-mail address into my basic profile, 'cos I want to shut down the old e-mail. But each time I try I get an error. Can you change it for me, please?

queen_brian_:) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Mar 10, 10:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



YourValentine wrote:

You sent us 4 emails between March 5th and today. On March 7th you wrote that the thread in question was no longer there and only yesterday you emailed again that the thread was there, after all. This thread has 7 pages of replies and it's not QZ policy to delete 7 pages of postings only because someone asks for it. You did not give us your username or anything that makes it easier for us to check if there is something personal that should be deleted. Glancing over the thread I did not see anything personal that might identify any user.

You can go to your message, click on the edit button and remove whatever personal stuff you want to remove from your message. Please do not ask that messages from other people should be deleted just because you do not like the thread anymore. If you think that there is personal information in a quote of another user, please point out this quote and Richard will decide if this specific post should be deleted. But we need your username and password to make sure you have a legitimate claim to have someone else's post deleted.


I cannot access the account that I used to post the information, because somehow, I created this account with the same email. The username I used in that thread was " ~I'm a fool~ "   and I suppose, indeed, I am. I do not remember the password I used at that time, but if you would like me to think of a few possibilies, I can. If you could delete that account altogether, that would also be fine.

I'm not trying to pester those who handle these issues on queenzone, I just want that post off of the internet. I do not care what other people posted on there, I only care about what I posted.

Thank you for your time of informing me of this.







back chat

back chat

your driving me insane.....
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Mar 10, 12:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I deleted all your posts from that thread - there was nothing referring to your real identity but there you go :-)

dragon-fly, you can send send me your old email/new email. First you might try to change your profile yourself like this: Go to tools -->  internet options  in your browser (privacy in Firefox) , delete the cookies and empty the cache. Close and re-open the browser and try again. This method helped me. If it does not work I can change your email address and I'll let Richard know that there are problems changing the email address in profiles.



I do not want any google ads here.

dragon-fly user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 600 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Mar 10, 12:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



YourValentine wrote:

dragon-fly, you can send send me your old email/new email. First you might try to change your profile yourself like this: Go to tools -->  internet options  in your browser (privacy in Firefox) , delete the cookies and empty the cache. Close and re-open the browser and try again. This method helped me. If it does not work I can change your email address and I'll let Richard know that there are problems changing the email address in profiles.


Thank you. I'll try t do so. If it doesn't work I'll send you PM.







Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4707 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Mar 10, 13:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine -- can you delete all the crap I've said over the years too? I'm leaving an electronic trail even Inspector Clueso could follow.

Signed, Osama Bin laden (aka Holly2003)


"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
queen_brian_:) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Mar 10, 14:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



YourValentine wrote:

I deleted all your posts from that thread - there was nothing referring to your real identity but there you go :-)

dragon-fly, you can send send me your old email/new email. First you might try to change your profile yourself like this: Go to tools -->  internet options  in your browser (privacy in Firefox) , delete the cookies and empty the cache. Close and re-open the browser and try again. This method helped me. If it does not work I can change your email address and I'll let Richard know that there are problems changing the email address in profiles.



THANK YOU!! I shall plague your site no longer.






back chat

back chat

your driving me insane.....
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Mar 10, 16:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Barb
while you're performing all these miracles....could you travel forward in time to saturday at 9pm...get me this weeks' lottery numbers....travel back and p/m me them...if it's not too much trouble.....[img=/images/smiley/msn/wink_smile.gif][/img]


go deo na hÉireann
Lisser :) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 70 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Mar 10, 20:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If it's not too much trouble I would also like the Powerball numbers along with the winner of the Kentucky Derby for the next 37 years.

Thanks a bunch!

PS-could you include if the the red ball hits with the Powerball as well..oh and if I should pay the extra $1 for the power play!

PSS-also, when will McDonald's bring back the McRib?


Meep!!!
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Mar 10, 03:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@queen-brian: it's not my website, it's Richard's - I only help a little
@ Holly - sorry but my bullshit meter is out of function ;-)
@ brEnski - the numbers are 4-8-15-38-39-45
@Lisser - no idea what you are talking about :-)


I do not want any google ads here.