Forums > Personal > Michael Jackson Estate signs the biggest deal ever in music.....

forum rss feed
Author

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Mar 10, 07:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's no secret here I'm a huge MJ fan so I am thrilled that I will be able to hear unreleased songs. We all knew they existed but now we get to hear them properly I hope. Please try and keep the rude comments and accusations to yourself....the talent is not questionable.....he's gotten the biggest record deal ever and he's not even alive anymore speaks for itself.

Michael Jackson Estate Inks Record, Record Deal
Posted Mar 16th 2010 3:10AM by TMZ Staff
TMZ has confirmed the Michael Jackson estate has signed the biggest deal ever in music -- worth up to $250 million with a guarantee of $200 million.

The estate made the deal with Sony Music Entertainment. According to the Associated Press, the contract is for 10 projects over seven years.

One album will debut in November, which contains never-before released recordings. We're told Jackson left enough material for at least three albums of fresh material.

A source tells TMZ the royalty rate on foreign sales is the key to the deal -- and 2/3 of the sales of MJ records traditionally have been outside the U.S.

And we're told Sony gets a two-year extension for the right to distribute the Michael Jackson catalog -- to 2017.

The deal has nothing to do with The Beatles' catelog -- it's all about MJ original recordings.

The agreement was brokered by John Branca and John McClain, executors of the MJ estate.






Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!



NJ!!!























bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Mar 10, 12:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Be interesting to see what comes from it.

The thing that upsets me most though is when a buddy of mine told me, I said "big deal" without the slightest cognizance of what a poor choice of words it was.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
ParisNair user not visiting Queenzone.com
See right through you!!
ParisNair
Bohemian: 873 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Mar 10, 14:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lisser wrote:
One album will debut in November, which contains never-before released recordings. We're told Jackson left enough material for at least three albums of fresh material.

Fresh material does not necessarily mean awesome material. If there are so many unreleased songs I would have preferred a boxset where the songs are categorized sessionwise. Who wants 3 Made In Heavens?

But still this is great news.

catqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
:)

Royalty: 1758 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Mar 10, 14:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow, great!  :D

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4283 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Mar 10, 15:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



ParisNair wrote:

Fresh material does not necessarily mean awesome material. If there are so many unreleased songs I would have preferred a boxset where the songs are categorized sessionwise. Who wants 3 Made In Heavens?

I'll take Made In Heaven above Hot Space, Works, Magic, The Miracle and probably some late 70's era albums any day. Definitely one of my favorites.






GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Mar 10, 15:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not sure exactly how it's evolved that I've never bought a note of Michael Jackson music while simultaneously thinking he's a deep and rare talent, but I expect that policy will continue through these latest offerings.

emrabt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1118 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Mar 10, 15:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Déjà vu ..... Isn't this almost EXATLY what happened with jimi hendrix?

It’s okay but you know they will probably mix old stuff with unreleased stuff, like the this is it album, so they can spread out releases.


Lisser :) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 70 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Mar 10, 17:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



ParisNair wrote:

Lisser wrote:
One album will debut in November, which contains never-before released recordings. We're told Jackson left enough material for at least three albums of fresh material.

Fresh material does not necessarily mean awesome material. If there are so many unreleased songs I would have preferred a boxset where the songs are categorized sessionwise. Who wants 3 Made In Heavens?

But still this is great news.


I don't see anywhere where it promises to be awesome material but I'm hoping the majority of it will be. MJ said himself that he recorded around 100 songs per album so it was always given that there would be more material released at some point. Sources close to him have said he intended to leave a lot of unreleased stuff as a legacy and means of income for his children after he was gone.

I'm excited to hear it. I'm also excited about some releases of studio outtakes. Not many exist of MJ that I've been able to get my hands on at least.







Meep!!!
Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Mar 10, 13:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow, this will be interesting.

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Mar 10, 13:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The only thing I want from Michael Jackson released is a DVD box set including all his mini movies.
I want to see excellent versions of stuff like Bad, Thriller, Captain Eo, Ghosts, Beat It, Black or white, Smooth Criminal (a.k.a. Moonwalker) and all this things.


emrabt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1118 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Mar 10, 14:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



pittrek wrote:

The only thing I want from Michael Jackson released is a DVD box set including all his mini movies.
I want to see excellent versions of stuff like Bad, Thriller, Captain Eo, Ghosts, Beat It, Black or white, Smooth Criminal (a.k.a. Moonwalker) and all this things.

i bet you £50 that will be out within 3 years, Videos boxset.


pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Mar 10, 09:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



emrabt wrote:







pittrek wrote:



The only thing I want from Michael Jackson released is a DVD box set including all his mini movies.
I want to see excellent versions of stuff like Bad, Thriller, Captain Eo, Ghosts, Beat It, Black or white, Smooth Criminal (a.k.a. Moonwalker) and all this things.


i bet you £50 that will be out within 3 years, Videos boxset.

I hope so. I have compiled my own "box set" after his death but since many of the videos, or "minimovies" were never released on DVD , their quality is quite bad.

I have never been a huge fan of Michael Jackson's music, but I loved his videos very much, they are very artistic







Amazon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 996 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Mar 10, 15:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Pim Derks wrote:







ParisNair wrote:



Fresh material does not necessarily mean awesome material. If there are so many unreleased songs I would have preferred a boxset where the songs are categorized sessionwise. Who wants 3 Made In Heavens?


I'll take Made In Heaven above Hot Space, Works, Magic, The Miracle and probably some late 70's era albums any day. Definitely one of my favorites.


I agree with you on this. MIH was a brilliant album. :D

Regarding Michael Jackson, while I do consider him to have been a genius, I can't say that I'm all that excited about this new material. IMO he hasn't been great since Dangerous.








Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4283 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Mar 10, 15:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Invincible was not my cup of tea, but History and Blood on the Dancefloor contained some of his best work. Stuff like the title track History, Little Susie and Morphine deserved an even bigger audience than it got.


ParisNair user not visiting Queenzone.com
See right through you!!
ParisNair
Bohemian: 873 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Mar 10, 16:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Amazon wrote:



 



Pim Derks wrote:



 



 



 



 



ParisNair wrote:



 



Fresh material does not necessarily mean awesome material. If there are so many unreleased songs I would have preferred a boxset where the songs are categorized sessionwise. Who wants 3 Made In Heavens?



 


I'll take Made In Heaven above Hot Space, Works, Magic, The Miracle and probably some late 70's era albums any day. Definitely one of my favorites.


I agree with you on this. MIH was a brilliant album. :D

Regarding Michael Jackson, while I do consider him to have been a genius, I can't say that I'm all that excited about this new material. IMO he hasn't been great since Dangerous.

Its not like I hate MIH. I love it too. But whenever I listen to that album or any individual song, in my mind I get the image of a deathly ill Freddie draggig himself into the studio.  Ok, not exactly, but you know what I mean. To me its like a tribute-to-Freddie album and and so has a gloomy feel through out. I still like the songs, sure. But do I want more albums that make me feel like that? no.
Same thing would happen with MJ albums too...and they\d have to releaasse videos which would basically be a collage of previous videos...just like so many of the later queen videos.

The_CrY user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 68 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Apr 10, 06:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If these unreleased recordings of MJ will be the same quality as Jimi Hendrix' Valley of Neptune it would be quite interesting.