Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Steve Hillage live at hyde Park 18.9.1976 video

forum rss feed
Author

Luko255 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Martin, Slovakia

Bohemian: 136 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 06:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi,
I found two videos of Queen's support band Steve hillage from Hyde Park '76 on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hudulf-zTWs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcY8OF7q5bc (the same video as the first one, but in different quality)

Luke

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10071 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 07:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Since I can't connect to YouTube from the office, I just want to ask if it's pro-shot or audience footage and if it looks like it's shot by the same cameras as the Queen gig


Luko255 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Martin, Slovakia

Bohemian: 136 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 07:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



pittrek wrote:

Since I can't connect to YouTube from the office, I just want to ask if it's pro-shot or audience footage and if it looks like it's shot by the same cameras as the Queen gig

It is pro-shot, but it's hard to say whether it was filmed with the same cameras as Queen gig... but i think it was.


pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10071 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 08:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great, I've always hoped that the WHOLE DAY was professionally filmed.
Also the good news is that the Steve Hillage band concert is available as a SOUNDBOARD recording, so "MAYBE" there COULD be a Queen soundboard recording (don't hit me)


sexmachine user not visiting Queenzone.com
ready to reload
sexmachine
Bohemian: 466 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 09:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



pittrek wrote:

Great, I've always hoped that the WHOLE DAY was professionally filmed.
Also the good news is that the Steve Hillage band concert is available as a SOUNDBOARD recording, so "MAYBE" there COULD be a Queen soundboard recording (don't hit me)
sounds great, great beatles cover, where can i find the soundboard (steve hillage)?









Picture yourself in a boat on a river with tangerine trees and marmalade skies.
woodi485485 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 86 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 09:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It mentions Knebworth 1977 on the first video and the second you say is a cleaned up version of the first, so I guess it isn't Hyde Park 1976.

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10071 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 09:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote







sexmachine wrote:



















pittrek wrote:







Great, I've always hoped that the WHOLE DAY was professionally filmed.
Also the good news is that the Steve Hillage band concert is available as a SOUNDBOARD recording, so "MAYBE" there COULD be a Queen soundboard recording (don't hit me)





sounds great, great beatles cover, where can i find the soundboard (steve hillage)?



I downloaded it from DimeADozen some time ago





Planetgurl user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 218 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is Hyde Park and the BBC shot it for the Old Grey Whistle Test. Bob Harris was the compere for the day. Capital Radio were doing live radio interviews backstage on the day too. What doesn't come across is that the audience on the day was VAST, going back a hell of a way and at this stage of the day, everyone was sitting down - in fact right up until Queen came on - after that about 90% of the audience couldn't see the stage, hence bottles flying overhead to try to get those at the front to sit down (impossible).... So all you got was the smell of dry ice and the sound - a very loud and heavy (old) setlist of songs. I waited years to see what I'd missed visually...

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10071 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Mar 10, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's definitely Hyde Park, check this site : http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/hydepark-9-17-76.html