Forums > Queen - General Discussion > You Wanted The Best

forum rss feed
Author

skip user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 622 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 10, 00:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJA80qePRdA


Brian May: "I like KISS a lot. I have a great regard for KISS 'cause it's all-out. They just had their vision, they had their dream, and they damn well went for it."

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10071 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 10, 02:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can somebody ban this troll ?


thunderbolt 31742 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thunderbolt 31742
Bohemian: 647 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 10, 03:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"You Wanted the Best"

...but KISS showed up instead.



"Do you think I should keep this mustache? Did you say no? F--- off."
skip user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 622 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 10, 03:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Thunderbolt wrote:

"You Wanted the Best"

...but KISS showed up instead.

And kicked your ass.

KISS Sonic Boom World Tour 2010








Brian May: "I like KISS a lot. I have a great regard for KISS 'cause it's all-out. They just had their vision, they had their dream, and they damn well went for it."

skip user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 622 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 10, 03:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



pittrek wrote:

Can somebody ban this troll ?

Ban this.

LOL








Brian May: "I like KISS a lot. I have a great regard for KISS 'cause it's all-out. They just had their vision, they had their dream, and they damn well went for it."

e-man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 697 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 10, 04:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like Kiss. alot. but kiss belongs in another forum - please respect that. this is not funny anymore. a brian may quote regarding kiss doesn't make the endless topics ok

A Word In Your Ear user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1786 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 10, 06:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When Freddie died, the news was "front page"  worldwide.  But also on the same day, the little known drummer from "KISS" Eric "Something or other?"  died also.  I think that news went in the newspaper, somewhere after the classified ads. typical, that this Eric "Thingy"  had to jump on the bandwaggon.

Even Kiss's replacement drummer "Eric Singer"  after the death of Cozy powell, begged Brian May, to let him play in the "Brian May band"  for his 1998 tour. (please note, that Kiss chose Eric Singer as a replacement, for the other Eric, to save on confusion, as the member's of the band, also couldn't remember the 1st Eric's last name.)


While I'm on the subject of Death,  didn't "Jean simmons" die also, on the 22nd of January of this year.  will be greatly missed, I loved the film "Spartacus"  that he did with "Tony Curtis" & "Kirk Douglas"


Joyful the sound
ILoveQueen20 user not visiting Queenzone.com
ILoveQueen20
Bohemian: 249 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 10, 07:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh my gosh...skip is such a KISS ass licking fan girl...*cough*...erm I mean boy...


Queen Forever!
lalaalalaa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 841 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 10, 07:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Thunderbolt wrote:

"You Wanted the Best"

...but KISS showed up instead.

Maybe KISS is opening up for the best.  If so then I'd rather have Dream Theater open the show.







skip user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 622 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 10, 14:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



A Word In Your Ear wrote:

When Freddie died, the news was "front page"  worldwide.  But also on the same day, the little known drummer from "KISS" Eric "Something or other?"  died also.  I think that news went in the newspaper, somewhere after the classified ads. typical, that this Eric "Thingy"  had to jump on the bandwaggon.

Even Kiss's replacement drummer "Eric Singer"  after the death of Cozy powell, begged Brian May, to let him play in the "Brian May band"  for his 1998 tour. (please note, that Kiss chose Eric Singer as a replacement, for the other Eric, to save on confusion, as the member's of the band, also couldn't remember the 1st Eric's last name.)


While I'm on the subject of Death,  didn't "Jean simmons" die also, on the 22nd of January of this year.  will be greatly missed, I loved the film "Spartacus"  that he did with "Tony Curtis" & "Kirk Douglas"

You're ignorant.  Try posting some facts next time, asshole.

Eric Carr was well known and well respected in the music business.

Brian May asked Tony Iommi who he would want as a drummer in his band and Tony recommended Eric Singer.

Jean Simmons is a woman, dumbass.








Brian May: "I like KISS a lot. I have a great regard for KISS 'cause it's all-out. They just had their vision, they had their dream, and they damn well went for it."

skip user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 622 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 10, 14:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



ILoveQueen20 wrote:

Oh my gosh...skip is such a KISS ass licking fan girl...*cough*...erm I mean boy...

That's rich coming from a Queen fan.

LOL








Brian May: "I like KISS a lot. I have a great regard for KISS 'cause it's all-out. They just had their vision, they had their dream, and they damn well went for it."

thunderbolt 31742 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thunderbolt 31742
Bohemian: 647 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 10, 14:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What's funniest of all is that I think less of KISS as a band because of My Dog Skip's antics. Seriously. Beforehand, I thought that KISS was kind of a guilty pleasure; a decidedly-average band with four decidedly-average musicians playing decidedly-average songs that just happened to put on one hell of a stage show.

But then, their stage show became a parody of itself with Eric Singer and Tommy Tribute Band as the drummer and guitarist of the week. KISS has become a tribute band--how else do you explain Tommy Tribute Band singing "Shock Me" note-for-note like Ace Frehley did? No infusion of his own style at all. Why? Because Gene and Paul don't want Tommy Tribute Band or Eric Singer contributing their own stylings to the band--those two are session musicians who happen to be wearing the makeup popularized by Peter Criss and Ace Frehley.

So, perhaps "Tommy Tribute Band" is an unfair label. Maybe the whole operation should now be referred to as a KISS tribute band. It's one thing to replace former members. It's another entirely when the replacements are told to dress, act, play and sing *exactly* like the guys they're replacing. That's where you cross the line from being a band to being a tribute band.

Oh yeah, and Gene Simmons synthed his voice on KISS Klassics. Epic fail.

KISS sucks. Deal with it.



"Do you think I should keep this mustache? Did you say no? F--- off."
ILoveQueen20 user not visiting Queenzone.com
ILoveQueen20
Bohemian: 249 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 10, 14:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



skip wrote:



 



ILoveQueen20 wrote:



Oh my gosh...skip is such a KISS ass licking fan girl...*cough*...erm I mean boy...


That's rich coming from a Queen fan.

LOL






you LOSE.








Queen Forever!
skip user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 622 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 10, 14:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



 



Thunderbolt wrote:



What's funniest of all is that I think less of KISS as a band because of My Dog Skip's antics. Seriously. Beforehand, I thought that KISS was kind of a guilty pleasure; a decidedly-average band with four decidedly-average musicians playing decidedly-average songs that just happened to put on one hell of a stage show.

But then, their stage show became a parody of itself with Eric Singer and Tommy Tribute Band as the drummer and guitarist of the week. KISS has become a tribute band--how else do you explain Tommy Tribute Band singing "Shock Me" note-for-note like Ace Frehley did? No infusion of his own style at all. Why? Because Gene and Paul don't want Tommy Tribute Band or Eric Singer contributing their own stylings to the band--those two are session musicians who happen to be wearing the makeup popularized by Peter Criss and Ace Frehley.

So, perhaps "Tommy Tribute Band" is an unfair label. Maybe the whole operation should now be referred to as a KISS tribute band. It's one thing to replace former members. It's another entirely when the replacements are told to dress, act, play and sing *exactly* like the guys they're replacing. That's where you cross the line from being a band to being a tribute band.

Oh yeah, and Gene Simmons synthed his voice on KISS Klassics. Epic fail.

KISS sucks. Deal with it.


http://media.kissonline.com/non_secure/images/news/1_bogota2.jpg

The KISS Army would like you to know that you can go fuck yourself.

KISS Sonic Boom World Tour 2010








Brian May: "I like KISS a lot. I have a great regard for KISS 'cause it's all-out. They just had their vision, they had their dream, and they damn well went for it."

skip user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 622 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 10, 14:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



ILoveQueen20 wrote:



 



skip wrote:



 



 



 



 



ILoveQueen20 wrote:



 



Oh my gosh...skip is such a KISS ass licking fan girl...*cough*...erm I mean boy...



 


That's rich coming from a Queen fan.

LOL






you LOSE.






KISS Sonic Boom World Tour 2010








Brian May: "I like KISS a lot. I have a great regard for KISS 'cause it's all-out. They just had their vision, they had their dream, and they damn well went for it."

lalaalalaa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 841 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 10, 15:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



skip wrote:



 



ILoveQueen20 wrote:



 



 



 



 



skip wrote:



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



ILoveQueen20 wrote:



 



 



 



Oh my gosh...skip is such a KISS ass licking fan girl...*cough*...erm I mean boy...



 



 



 


That's rich coming from a Queen fan.

LOL






you LOSE.






KISS Sonic Boom World Tour 2010






Then what?  Retire again?  They must be ripping off the Rolling Stones.







Russian Headlong user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 496 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 10, 17:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

KISS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Seen them 3 times over the years and again in may at Wembley Arena. Brilliant Band.


"Give it to me one more time!"
skip user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 622 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 10, 21:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



lalaalalaa wrote:



 



skip wrote:



 



 



 



 



ILoveQueen20 wrote:



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



skip wrote:



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



ILoveQueen20 wrote:



 



 



 



 



 



 



 



Oh my gosh...skip is such a KISS ass licking fan girl...*cough*...erm I mean boy...



 



 



 



 



 



 



 


That's rich coming from a Queen fan.

LOL






you LOSE.






KISS Sonic Boom World Tour 2010






Then what?  Retire again?  They must be ripping off the Rolling Stones.






Record studio cd #20 and release it in either 2011 or 2012.  40th Anniversary tour in 2012.

KISS Sonic Boom World Tour 2010








Brian May: "I like KISS a lot. I have a great regard for KISS 'cause it's all-out. They just had their vision, they had their dream, and they damn well went for it."

skip user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 622 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 10, 21:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Russian Headlong wrote:

KISS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Seen them 3 times over the years and again in may at Wembley Arena. Brilliant Band.

Have a great time.  Which night are you going, first show or second show?

Paul recently stated that he thinks they'll play 4 tracks off of "Sonic Boom".








Brian May: "I like KISS a lot. I have a great regard for KISS 'cause it's all-out. They just had their vision, they had their dream, and they damn well went for it."

marcenciels user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 194 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 10, 22:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

2 post about Kiss ?

That would mean that they dont have their own "ZONE".