Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Friend and former personal secretary of Freddie Mercury comes to Brazil to

forum rss feed
Author

lady taylor user not visiting Queenzone.com
lady taylor
Champion: 72 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Mar 10, 09:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Peter Freestone, author of "Freddie Mercury - Memories of the man who knew better", will visit Brazil in April to talk to fans about the leader of the Queen, who died on November 24, 1991 in London, on 45 years of AIDS.

He was one of the closest friends of the singer, who worked as personal assistant for 12 years.

According to Madras, the talk will be attended by representatives of the fans of Mercury in Brazil as Lady Taylor (fan he met Freddie Mercury in person), Lucas Marques (webmaster Queenbrazil site), Antonio Henrique Selligman (one of the largest collectors Queen in the world), AnnaQueen , Cleide Fernandes (translator) and a Freddie Mercury impersonator Roberto Mercury.

More informations in site:

www.QueenBrazil.com

lady taylor
matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 2808 posts

Posted: 28 Mar 10, 16:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow, i CAN see how this is relevant... but damn, i just wish it wasn't all obscure news posts.

One Day:

"QUEEN TO RELEASE SHOWS FROM 77' 79' IN BOXED DVD SET, TEXAS (2 nights) BERLIN, HAMMERSMITH etc" ;)

WOops... if someone's reading this that was...

QUEEN TO RELEASE *FULL*COMPLETE*CONCERTS* from 77-79

"Come tonight! Come to the Overbite! Come See Freddie rock Toniiiiight!"
GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 10, 12:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've said before here that I think Freestone's book served Freddie well, but it's been 18+ years and I think it's time Peter stops all this.  It's been exploitative for a while now.

skip user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 622 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 10, 23:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Interesting book.  Didn't realize that Freddie was much further into drugs than just doing coke.  Peter, with his drug shopping list, visiting the "drug store" in NYC.  Nice way to treat your so called friend.  Let him do your dirty work and if he gets caught, oh well, just hire another personal assistant.  It's no wonder why John Deacon really had nothing to do with him outside of Queen. 

For people who have the original hardcover version and the paperback version, are there additional or different photos in the hardcover edition?

Brian May: "I like KISS a lot. I have a great regard for KISS 'cause it's all-out. They just had their vision, they had their dream, and they damn well went for it."

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4283 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 10, 01:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There's an extra photo of Freddy's corpse, about half a day after he passed away, with the first flies being attracted to it.

skip user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 622 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 10, 01:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pim Derks wrote:

There's an extra photo of Freddy's corpse, about half a day after he passed away, with the first flies being attracted to it.

Cool.  Would you please post it?  Thanks.

LOL

BTW, that's Freddie.

LOL

Brian May: "I like KISS a lot. I have a great regard for KISS 'cause it's all-out. They just had their vision, they had their dream, and they damn well went for it."