Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > I love queen productions :D

forum rss feed
Author

Gregoryvincke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 111 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Mar 10, 10:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Being a recent queen fan, and having collected the latest japanese cds ( my favorite is hot space btw )and dvds, It occured to me what a great job queen productions has done until now.
Every year, a new and original poduct comes out.
I think it was a brilliant idea of queen productions to release a new greatest hits album.
In my opinion, strategically, this was an excellent move to attract new fans ( as I ), and it allowed older fans to rediscover the songs in an improved sound package and quality.
The only  (major and very serious objection) I had about " absolute greatest" was its "body language" withdrawal. I assume that Brian, Roger and Queen productions are thinking of releasing this epic song in DVDA format, in a recent future.
I also love the concept of ignoring the 70's. These shows were recorded in crap quality, very very far away from the HD standards we all love and are used to.
Besides that, You have to admit that the most interesting queen period EVER was between 1980 and 1986, and that everything written around never reached its creativity ( you got to listen to "machines", and compare it with "killer queen", you will be astonished how much queen had improved in a relatively short time).
I hear that plans to release a show from 1975 are being cancelled, and replaced with shows from the "hot space" tour, and even the most brilliant show ever "Queen live at Knebworth 1986"! How happy and exited I am :)
When it comes to the release of the boxset, Brian May is wise enough to delay its release. I'm still very young, and I have my whole life to wait for it, and "Absolute greatest" is and will be entertaining me every day.
My favorite band member will always be doctor Brian may, as he has always been a very happy and open man. My second favorite one is John deacon, because of his genius bass loops on "hot space" and "body language".
My third one is Roger Taylor, because of his drum loops on "body language" and "machines".
My least favorite one, and I guess that everyone will agree, is Freddie Mercury. His haromnic view of music is, in my opinion, plain dull. The first time i listened to "the prophet song", my ears were in pain, and I had nigthmares for many consecutive nights. Frankly,  I'm happy he's retired and not making music anymore :).

God save the queen :)

Kevinrm15 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 273 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 10, 10:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're a newbie to this fan thing huh?  That explains it.  I was gonna say something like "did you just smoke crack before posting this?  There is no way 80's Queen was better than 70's."  I am still strong in saying that & Hammersmith Odeon 1975 will still come through!

Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2053 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 10, 11:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kevinrm15 wrote:

You're a newbie to this fan thing huh?  That explains it.  I was gonna say something like "did you just smoke crack before posting this?  There is no way 80's Queen was better than 70's."  I am still strong in saying that & Hammersmith Odeon 1975 will still come through!

I guess you should re-read the first post with the word "irony" in mind

Bring out the charge of the love brigade
Fireplace user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 889 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 10, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vali wrote:

I guess you should re-read the first post with the word "irony" in mind

Does the irony include attributing The Prophet's Song to Freddie?

vadenuez user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 263 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 10, 14:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Didn't buy it.

You wrote "Freddie" and "Roger" instead of "Freddy" and "Rodger" ;)

Josh Henson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 10, 17:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think this post is actually by Greg

I'm just getting used to my new exposure

Come into my enclosure

And meet my melancholy blues
Fireplace user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 889 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 10, 17:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Josh Henson wrote:

I think this post is actually by Greg

Funny, that's what I was thinking. Nah, too obvious. Or.......

mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3667 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 10, 17:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gregoryvincke wrote:

Being a recent queen fan, and having collected the latest japanese cds ( my favorite is hot space btw )and dvds, It occured to me what a great job queen productions has done until now.
Every year, a new and original poduct comes out.
I think it was a brilliant idea of queen productions to release a new greatest hits album.
In my opinion, strategically, this was an excellent move to attract new fans ( as I ), and it allowed older fans to rediscover the songs in an improved sound package and quality.
The only  (major and very serious objection) I had about " absolute greatest" was its "body language" withdrawal. I assume that Brian, Roger and Queen productions are thinking of releasing this epic song in DVDA format, in a recent future.
I also love the concept of ignoring the 70's. These shows were recorded in crap quality, very very far away from the HD standards we all love and are used to.
Besides that, You have to admit that the most interesting queen period EVER was between 1980 and 1986, and that everything written around never reached its creativity ( you got to listen to "machines", and compare it with "killer queen", you will be astonished how much queen had improved in a relatively short time).
I hear that plans to release a show from 1975 are being cancelled, and replaced with shows from the "hot space" tour, and even the most brilliant show ever "Queen live at Knebworth 1986"! How happy and exited I am :)
When it comes to the release of the boxset, Brian May is wise enough to delay its release. I'm still very young, and I have my whole life to wait for it, and "Absolute greatest" is and will be entertaining me every day.
My favorite band member will always be doctor Brian may, as he has always been a very happy and open man. My second favorite one is John deacon, because of his genius bass loops on "hot space" and "body language".
My third one is Roger Taylor, because of his drum loops on "body language" and "machines".
My least favorite one, and I guess that everyone will agree, is Freddie Mercury. His haromnic view of music is, in my opinion, plain dull. The first time i listened to "the prophet song", my ears were in pain, and I had nigthmares for many consecutive nights. Frankly,  I'm happy he's retired and not making music anymore :).

God save the queen :)

Yawn... you are not funny. PLEASE go away.

Darren1977 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 266 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 10, 19:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Are you related to Jim Beach in anyway. You like QP? What have they done recently besides Absolute Greatest - Fuck All.End of story

Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 10, 19:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I dunno..... but I smell an April fools trick here......

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
rubens user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 151 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 10, 10:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This forum is getting more and more weird...maybe it´s because there´s nothing new to talk about.

Voice of Reason 2014 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1058 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 10, 11:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL Gregory!

"Build your muscles as your body decays!"
Ozz user not visiting Queenzone.com
Chileno de Corazon
Ozz
Bohemian: 401 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 10, 12:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ha-ha nice one....

i expected today something along those lines

I reign with my left hand I rule with my right

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 10, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's Queen Archivist, right ? :-)

Bo Rhap user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bo Rhap
Bohemian: 534 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 10, 15:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr Mercury wrote:

I dunno..... but I smell an April fools trick here......

So do i.The fool being the one who started this thread.

I never forget a face,

but in your case i'll be glad to

make an exception-Groucho Marx
ParisNair user not visiting Queenzone.com
See right through you!!
ParisNair
Bohemian: 873 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 10, 16:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was worth a laugh.

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3056 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 10, 20:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gregoryvincke wrote:

Being a recent queen fan, and having collected the latest japanese cds, It occured to me what a great job queen productions has done until now.  Every year, a new and original poduct comes out.

Yeah, exactly - it's great how every one of them says 1994 remaster series, it's so new and fresh and exciting - I just love how QPL have brought the band into the 21st century.  What next, do you think?  A Queen live CD....or perhaps a greatest hits package, consisting of their greatest hits.....say from 1982?  That would be awesome!

Great topic, btw Gregory!

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
queen79luca user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 179 posts

Posted: 02 Apr 10, 09:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OH MY GOD!...

BTW HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE!