Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Face it alone

forum rss feed
Author

theCro user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Apr 10, 21:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What do we know about this song. except the demo we heard on youtube? anyone possess full version of it? Was this song ever completed?

Jam Monkey user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jam Monkey
Bohemian: 664 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 10, 04:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The thing about Face It Alone is that it is not one song, but many versions of a song. There are the two versions that have been shared, and I believe that the full convention tape has another version as well.

Contact me, I'm no Darth Vader: jam_monkey@hotmail.com
queenfanbg user not visiting Queenzone.com
queenfanbg
Bohemian: 305 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 10, 11:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

theCro wrote:

What do we know about this song. except the demo we heard on youtube? anyone possess full version of it? Was this song ever completed?

this questions stays over 15years...

"Queen are: Freddie Mercury,Roger Taylor, John Deacon and Brian May"
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 10, 17:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what you have to bear in mind is that FIA - like many of the demos/outtakes circulated - are demos/outtakes because they weren't deemed good enough or didn't fit in with the recordings the band were making.

therefore, - apart from curiosity value - most of the circulated outtakes are not great by queen standards.

in fact, i would go so far as to say that the early stuff is the stuff of some "genuinely listenable" value.

go deo na hÉireann

Posted: 05 Apr 10, 20:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

so no one really knows if the song is completed and EXIST as full song.. .i mean we know about this youtube audio... but that's demo.. what i (and i think most of us) would like to know if the real-complete song exist or it all stayed onto that demo we heard...

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 10, 21:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

theCro wrote:

1. We know it exhists
2. Yes, more of it exhists.
3. Yes, a lot of people actually have the full version, even people who you think are "jerks" and "jokers"
4. No, the song was never completed, and if you listen to it ten times, it's more boring than anything Queen have released... except maybe for 'She Makes Me'

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
queenfanbg user not visiting Queenzone.com
queenfanbg
Bohemian: 305 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 10, 11:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Blue Roses Unlimited wrote:

theCro wrote:

1. We know it exhists
2. Yes, more of it exhists.
3. Yes, a lot of people actually have the full version, even people who you think are "jerks" and "jokers"
4. No, the song was never completed, and if you listen to it ten times, it's more boring than anything Queen have released... except maybe for 'She Makes Me'

1. and 2. - right
3. and 4. - false

"Queen are: Freddie Mercury,Roger Taylor, John Deacon and Brian May"
Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 10, 17:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Judging by the demos we HAVE heard, Face It Alone is nothing special. It's one of those things that people have built up to be something it could never hope to be.

"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
Kamenliter user not visiting Queenzone.com
Kamenliter
Bohemian: 148 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 10, 20:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love the bits that David Fuller has put up on YouTube of Face It Alone...it's got great, melodic guitar, with that sorta of Egyptian feel Brian sometimes did around the Innuendo era...along with a beautiul super-melodic vocal from Freddie.  I hope we get to hear the full version one day.

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 10, 13:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

theCro wrote:

Are you going to keep writing the same post for every unreleased track?

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
brENsKi

Posted: 08 Apr 10, 14:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John honestly....you don't know better than to ask? what would his form (so far) suggest?
it's good that nurse let's these "care in the community patients" out on their own ...cos it makes the rest of us look really good by comparison

go deo na hÉireann
Jam Monkey

Posted: 29 May 10, 15:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I always loved the guitar on this one. It was an interesting idea to have vocals and lead guitar together. I would have liked to have seen it taken further.

Posted: 29 May 10, 18:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jam Monkey wrote: I always loved the guitar on this one. It was an interesting idea to have vocals and lead guitar together. I would have liked to have seen it taken further.
actually there are rumors that this song has been finished and that what we hear is just one of demo's of it, basically, early demo of the song that has been completed.

maybe we will hear it when Anthology comes out?

andreas_mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
andreas_mercury
Royalty: 1068 posts

Posted: 30 May 10, 07:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

max recorded a nother remix (like remember when he said he made These are the days of or lives 'better' because he added shitty synth to it) he recorded a version of Face it alone and wrote new lyrics for it but thankfully has been talked out of uploading it...

Jam Monkey

Posted: 30 May 10, 10:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

theCro wrote: Jam Monkey wrote: I always loved the guitar on this one. It was an interesting idea to have vocals and lead guitar together. I would have liked to have seen it taken further.
actually there are rumors that this song has been finished and that what we hear is just one of demo's of it, basically, early demo of the song that has been completed.

maybe we will hear it when Anthology comes out?

I've no doubt there are more complete versions that we have heard, but as for the Anthology...

I am 31 now, and I hope it comes out before I am 75!

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 31 May 10, 05:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why are we even talking about this lost Queen track if MAX HAS RECORDED A REMIX?  That should be more than enough.

Let's just get Max to record all the unreleased Queen tracks and bring the whole Queen Machine down.  Can't you imagine how great it will feel when John Stuart or Greg Brooks offers a copy of Hangman Studio Version and you can say "No thanks, I already have one.  It's very nice," using a Monty Python French accent?

Jam Monkey

Posted: 31 May 10, 06:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote: Why are we even talking about this lost Queen track if MAX HAS RECORDED A REMIX?  That should be more than enough.

Let's just get Max to record all the unreleased Queen tracks and bring the whole Queen Machine down.  Can't you imagine how great it will feel when John Stuart or Greg Brooks offers a copy of Hangman Studio Version and you can say "No thanks, I already have one.  It's very nice," using a Monty Python French accent?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You're right. I might as well just delete all my unreleased stuff right now, it's only taking up hard disc space after all.

Gaabiizz user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Invisible Man
Gaabiizz
Bohemian: 937 posts

Posted: 23 Mar 12, 17:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

queenfanbg wrote:

theCro wrote: What do we know about this song. except the demo we heard on youtube? anyone possess full version of it? Was this song ever completed?

this questions stays over 15years...

brENsKi

Posted: 23 Mar 12, 17:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i got it.
GaabiizzQueen and the Cro are the same person...why else would you suddenly start spamming the boards with one phrase messages....and resurrecting long-dead pointless threads?

go deo na hÉireann

Posted: 23 Mar 12, 21:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

brENsKi wrote:
i got it.
GaabiizzQueen and the Cro are the same person...why else would you suddenly start spamming the boards with one phrase messages....and resurrecting long-dead pointless threads?

you're wrong. the only spammer on these boards is you. like you spammed right now. and not only spammer but big fat liar.