Forums > Personal > UK Elections May 6th

forum rss feed
Author

JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Apr 10, 14:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

so,the biggest non-secret is finally released into the void and the UK will vote in a months time for a new parliament.
Today Golden Brown went to Buck House and asked Brian May to dissolve the corrupt bunch of thieving bastards and go to the public to vote them all back in again [those that didnt get caught in the expenses scandal anyway]
to be honest I'm rather glad its not like the US elections which seem to start as soon as the last one ends but,what do you think will happen?
will we be stuck with the 'one eyed scottish git' [thankyou Mr Clarkson for that] or will Thatcher's bastard offspring take over or will it be a 'hung' parliament?
either way,I think its gonna be a close run thing.I may even watch the live debates on the tv just to see if any of the 3 candidates do a 'Nixon'.

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 10, 17:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the whole thing is a no-brainer isn't it....

smug-tory-c*nts - will rob us all to line the pockets of their rich friends
lib-dems - look good on paper -they can promise the earth - cos they never get enough votes -so you're wasting a vote.
bnp - thugs and unintelligent twats - make US white supremecist rednecks sound coherent
ukip - the acceptable face of racism (lol) - might as well vote for what's left of screaming lord such's party
labour- thieves - as corrupt as the early90s tories, unelectable, incompetent.....i usually pick an underdog - so will probably vote for them for the hell of it

go deo na hÉireann
tcc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1581 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 10, 06:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pretending that I am a UK resident, I might vote for Labour.  The scandals got uncovered during their term but it shows that the party does not cover up weaknesses. 

JoxerTheDeityPirate

Posted: 07 Apr 10, 06:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tcc wrote:

Pretending that I am a UK resident, I might vote for Labour.  The scandals got uncovered during their term but it shows that the party does not cover up weaknesses. 
plus it was mostly the conservatives that were caight with their fingers in the cookie jar or the duck house :-p

JoxerTheDeityPirate

Posted: 07 Apr 10, 06:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

brENsKi wrote:

the whole thing is a no-brainer isn't it....

smug-tory-c*nts - will rob us all to line the pockets of their rich friends
lib-dems - look good on paper -they can promise the earth - cos they never get enough votes -so you're wasting a vote.
bnp - thugs and unintelligent twats - make US white supremecist rednecks sound coherent
ukip - the acceptable face of racism (lol) - might as well vote for what's left of screaming lord such's party
labour- thieves - as corrupt as the early90s tories, unelectable, incompetent.....i usually pick an underdog - so will probably vote for them for the hell of it
if the Tories want to win and get a governing majority then they need to win seats down here in my neck of the woods [cornwall] from the Lib-Dems and by the looks of it they don't look likely too,so my money is on a hung parliament

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 10, 06:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm a natural Labour Party voter I suppose, but I'm having a hard time mustering any enthusiasm for them. Currently about 1/3 of my gross pay goes to the Govt. in direct or NI tax, which would be just about acceptable if I thought the Givt. was doing anything useful with that money. Instead, Labour have used it to bail out the banking industry. The alternative is the Tories, who are closer to the bankers than Labour, or the Lib-Dems whose policies seems to change depending on whatever is flavour of the month.  Life was easier back in Norn Iron: you voted unionist or nationalist, and that was usually decided for you before you were born :)

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 10, 10:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

At least you folks get to have an election.  We're stuck in some kind of horrible Conservative purgatory (it's not quite Conservative hell because it's a minority government) where the PM prorogues parliament whenever he feels like it and the opposition is too weak to risk doing anything about it. So we skate along, and the government quietly inserts weird conservative  idealogy into the fabric of society under guises that are politically hard to publicly discredit.  Being 'tough on crime' and jazz like that. Meh.

I was reading some UK election coverage online last night, specifically about the core messaging of the two main candidates, and one thing that struck me was Cameron running on 'hope and change' and something else I don't remember.  Hope and change was of course Obama's shtick and it speaks I think to how Obama is still quite positively regarded in Europe.  As a mantra it's been significantly discredited on this side of the Atlantic, and I don't think we'll see it used here for some time.

Anyway, I love a good election and I'll be following closely.   May the best thing happen.

mr mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
mr mercury
Deity: 4631 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 10, 10:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JoxerTheDeityPirate wrote:

tcc wrote:

plus it was mostly the conservatives that were caight with their fingers in the cookie jar or the duck house :-p

Dont forget the Moat. And dont forget that poor Tory bastard who will have to travel to work amongst all the "common" folk on the train.........

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 10, 10:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

I'm a natural Labour Party voter I suppose, but I'm having a hard time mustering any enthusiasm for them. Currently about 1/3 of my gross pay goes to the Govt. in direct or NI tax, which would be just about acceptable if I thought the Givt. was doing anything useful with that money. Instead, Labour have used it to bail out the banking industry. The alternative is the Tories, who are closer to the bankers than Labour, or the Lib-Dems whose policies seems to change depending on whatever is flavour of the month.  Life was easier back in Norn Iron: you voted unionist or nationalist, and that was usually decided for you before you were born :)

I've had those precise thoughts myself. The waste can be pretty staggering.

Adam who?????
mr mercury

Posted: 07 Apr 10, 11:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I will tell you why I hate David "Smarmite" Cameron. Whenever some Tory person has won some by-election, you dont get to see that person because the minute the TV camera's turn up, Smarmeron's ugly face is in the way. To add insult to injury for the poor minion, who probably trod the streets canvassing for votes, he (or she) is shoved to the back while "Smarmeron" is whittling on about how "he" won.....

JoxerTheDeityPirate

Posted: 07 Apr 10, 16:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr Mercury wrote:

I will tell you why I hate David "Smarmite" Cameron. Whenever some Tory person has won some by-election, you dont get to see that person because the minute the TV camera's turn up, Smarmeron's ugly face is in the way. To add insult to injury for the poor minion, who probably trod the streets canvassing for votes, he (or she) is shoved to the back while "Smarmeron" is whittling on about how "he" won.....
you see him today doing an 'Obama' with his sleeves rolled up to his elbows.He's copying Obama hoping that no one susses him as the smug toff twat he is!?

Adam who?????
mr mercury

Posted: 08 Apr 10, 13:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JoxerTheDeityPirate wrote:

Mr Mercury wrote:

you see him today doing an 'Obama' with his sleeves rolled up to his elbows.He's copying Obama hoping that no one susses him as the smug toff twat he is!?

Feck me... Smarmeron has recruited Michael "your only supposed to blow the bloody doors off" Caine to his campaign....

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 10, 16:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I may not be British, but I think Lib-Dem has been looking pretty good these last five, six years.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

ILoveQueen20 user not visiting Queenzone.com
ILoveQueen20
Bohemian: 249 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 10, 09:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fuck the goverment what a bunch of bastards (as my father would say) I'd rather labour didn'nt get in this time but whoever gets in....we're screwed anyway.

I find it hilarious On the Jeremy vine show (UK BBC 2 radio show) When all these politician's argue with each other, thats basically what they do & Jeremy can't get them to shutup! its hilarious! xD
& You hear/see them all jeering & booing in the house of lords at each other I mean jesus.....

Queen Forever!
LittleSilhouetto user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 64 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 10, 16:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you close your eyes and listen to Cameron and Clegg, they sound exactly the same. I can't tell their voices apart on the radio.

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 10, 04:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vote, or you don't have a reason to bitch. Poltics are like Phil Spector - full of big wigs!

"Ice cream by night, sun cream by day!"

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3667 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 10, 07:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How can anyone who has lived in the UK for the past 13 years seriously think about keeping Labour in at the next election? How can you think 'they were ok, more of that please!'

Yes, Cameron is the tories achiles heel (William Hague would storm the election if he was still leader) but vote for who has the best policies. Brown screwed the country when he was chancellor and carried on screwing it as PM.

And lets be honest, voting for anyone other that blue or red is a waste, with the exception of very few parts of the country.

Its no longer a case of 'Labour for the working class' and 'Conservative for the wealthy', the lines are now too blurred. I will be voting conservative, if only just as a protest vote against labour.

JoxerTheDeityPirate

Posted: 15 Apr 10, 09:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mooghead wrote: How can anyone who has lived in the UK for the past 13 years seriously think about keeping Labour in at the next election? How can you think 'they were ok, more of that please!'

Yes, Cameron is the tories achiles heel (William Hague would storm the election if he was still leader) but vote for who has the best policies. Brown screwed the country when he was chancellor and carried on screwing it as PM.

And lets be honest, voting for anyone other that blue or red is a waste, with the exception of very few parts of the country.

Its no longer a case of 'Labour for the working class' and 'Conservative for the wealthy', the lines are now too blurred. I will be voting conservative, if only just as a protest vote against labour. how about the ones who were living in the UK 25 years ago when Thatcher virtually destroyed this great nation of ours by selling off all the business' and crippling the unions?.perhaps we dont want a return to the dark days of Toryism and the screwing of the 'average joe' under them? watch public spending and the NHS get screwed by the tories if they get in.

your third point of just voting blue or red is also misconstrued as the Libdems have a VERY big part to play in this election,especially if its a hung parliament [which it looks like being]. the libdems also have very strong support in the 'celtic' areas of the country [where i live] which the tories and labour do not.

mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3667 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 10, 12:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree, its a hung parliament probably.

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 10, 13:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

they should be fucking-well hung

go deo na hÉireann