forum rss feed
Author

L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Apr 10, 18:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There´s no new tour by Roger,no new album,no box set,how long will there be with topics like " do you like hot space",this place is DEAD.

Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!
PauloPanucci user not visiting Queenzone.com
papp
PauloPanucci
Bohemian: 990 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 10, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I ENTIRELY agree with you! i hate monotony

P.A
L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 10, 18:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would have said queen world is DEAD.

Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 10, 00:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Only the good die young.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
marcenciels user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 194 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 10, 00:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well...

my guess is this post is dead ?

lost of passion is a part of life ?

expectations not happening are allways a downer ?

what do you want ?

expect whom ever from Queen to be 20 years old again and have all the pass to look back upon
in 40 years from now ?

it's time for a new phase in your life to worship new idols to inspire you ?

Soundfreak user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 378 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 10, 09:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's difficult to run places like this when it's a band bringing together so many different people and even generations.
So no one is to blame.
But probably different subforums might help..."Queen for Beginners"....."Queen for "those who have been there"....."Queen for musicians"......"Queen for collectors"...etc
Plus a seperate subforum "Queen ranking and rating" for all those who love to rate and rank each and everything. Cause these endless topics about "who/what   is/was  best/worst"  ruin every band forum. Not only this one.
So a "separate corner" for all those who are interested might help. Cause it's very frustrating to see interesting topics always sink in a sea of ranking and rating. Each to it's own.

Joma user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 388 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 10, 10:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Soundfreak wrote:

It's difficult to run places like this when it's a band bringing together so many different people and even generations.
So no one is to blame.
But probably different subforums might help..."Queen for Beginners"....."Queen for "those who have been there"....."Queen for musicians"......"Queen for collectors"...etc
Plus a seperate subforum "Queen ranking and rating" for all those who love to rate and rank each and everything. Cause these endless topics about "who/what   is/was  best/worst"  ruin every band forum. Not only this one.
So a "separate corner" for all those who are interested might help. Cause it's very frustrating to see interesting topics always sink in a sea of ranking and rating. Each to it's own.

This seems to be a good idea! What is "serious" or not is very different for each of us :)

Live life to the full!
The_CrY user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 68 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 10, 13:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Soundfreak wrote:

So no one is to blame.

Seems like a good idea, but there are some questions to that:
- Queen for Beginners: til when are you a beginner? Or is this merely a 'stupid questions' section?
- "Been There": been where? The concerts or what? Experienced section? 65+?
- Musicians: when are you a musician? Not everybody who plays an instrument can talk about music.
- Collectors: Talk about demos or what? Doesn't that get old quite fast?
- Rating/ranking section: good idea, but needs polls.

mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3667 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 10, 13:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I ENTIRELY agree with you! i hate monotony

Benn Kempster user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 07 Apr 10, 15:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's better to have QZ here and ready and waiting for the moment something in the world of Queen DOES happen than not having it at all.

Remember the days when the ONLY way you could ever get any up-to-date Queen news was through the OIQFC magazine which, more often than not, arrived three months after it's planned date and also after whetever releases were upcoming at the time the thing was type-set?

Time's a great healer.

thunderbolt 31742 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thunderbolt 31742
Bohemian: 647 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 10, 23:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queenzone is dead! Long live Queenzone!

"Do you think I should keep this mustache? Did you say no? F--- off."
philip storey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 521 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 10, 04:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen are not finished yet, there will be a farewell tour,solo stuff from Roger and those deluxe Cds that we have all be waiting for.So get a grip of yourselves, be patient, it will happen and it will be worth the long wait.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 10, 05:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think they've had their farewell tour and simply didn't tell anyone at the time.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Queenfred user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenfred

Posted: 08 Apr 10, 07:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is all well and good but what I really wanna know is, who likes the Hot Space album?

Gentleman, you can't fight in here - this is The War Room!
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 10, 08:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queenfred wrote:

This is all well and good but what I really wanna know is, who likes the Hot Space album?

Actually, I do: I think it's vastly inferior to many of their other records, but I still like it. It's like apples: not my favourite food (there are many I'd pick before that one), but I like it.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Soundfreak user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 378 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 10, 09:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote:

Queenfred wrote:

Actually, I do: I think it's vastly inferior to many of their other records, but I still like it. It's like apples: not my favourite food (there are many I'd pick before that one), but I like it.
...and this exactly is what ruins this board.

Within a few mails a general topic about the state of this board has been turned into "ranking and rating topic" about some album.......[img=/images/smiley/msn/thumbs_down.gif][/img]

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 10, 11:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Soundfreak wrote:

...and this exactly is what ruins this board.

Within a few mails a general topic about the state of this board has been turned into "ranking and rating topic" about some album.......[img=/images/smiley/msn/thumbs_down.gif][/img]

That's what happens in an unmoderated forum. People can talk whatever they want, wherever they want. Personally, I'm cool with it.

I wouldn't want to have a single 80-90 pages thread of "Why do you like/hate Hot Space?". I like how, eventhough the threads discuss the same subject, the discussions can take various paths and there is always something new in them - give or take a few trolls - though some are fun to read, like Greg Brooks :).

(GB may be a nice knowledgeable guy in real life but he's a troll here)

By the way, in about 10 years I'd never seen so many threads discussing Hot Space! Me likey, likey!
I do love that album, regardless of how it fares against the rest of Queen's material.

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 10, 11:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

By the way, Sebastian, I know I bothered you a bit in a couple of threads (though you may not remember it) due to conflicting logic arguments, but I can't really get mad at anyone who publicly acknowledges liking Hot Space :D.

philip storey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 521 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 10, 15:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Play "Hot Space" loud on a good Hi Fi System and it sounds great, fav tracks ,Action,Put out The Fire ,Dancer,Calling All Girls ,Pressure.Of course it aint as good as the first six Albums but without it we would not have had "Works" ,"Miracle" ,"Innuendo". Of course Roger and Brian will have a farewell tour, they will go all out with a bang not a whimper.

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 10, 16:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote:

Queenfred wrote:

Pretty much sums it up for me...I Dig the album...Should have been light years better though...The album had huge potential.