Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Don't Stop Me Now: Live Killers--Frankfurt?

forum rss feed
Author

Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3183 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 May 10, 00:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think that version is the Frankfurt (2/2/1979) version--but with vocal overdubs. Just a thought.

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18628 posts

Posted: 14 May 10, 09:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Definitely not .  Instrumentally it's completely different.  I could point out dozens of differences, but here's an obvious one - just listen to Roger's tom fill into the first verse.  On LK it's a three eighth notes, but in Frankfurt it's a flam.  Keep trying though. :-)

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3183 posts

Posted: 14 May 10, 11:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote: Definitely not .  Instrumentally it's completely different.  I could point out dozens of differences, but here's an obvious one - just listen to Roger's tom fill into the first verse.  On LK it's a three eighth notes, but in Frankfurt it's a flam.  Keep trying though. :-)

But the vocals sounded the same on a couple parts! LOL! Oh, well I better listen to another 40 concerts then! LOL

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury