Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > VERY SPECIAL THANKS TO JOHN S. STUART

forum rss feed
Author

peterkoz1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 102 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 May 10, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nothing interesting other than.................
just to say thanks for making it a truly great bank holiday here in the UK with the sharing of the bbc sessions in glorious sound.
the best i am sure, posts in a long time here on queenzone.
many thanks
on behalf of a lot of very happy fans ..........cheers and if your ever in sunny Lancashire your welcome to come round for a beer !!

hi freddie
Ale_Pisa user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ale_Pisa
Bohemian: 902 posts

Posted: 30 May 10, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for my english! :(
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 30 May 10, 17:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I do not like repeating myself, but I have to say, I do NOT condone the public disemination of this material.

Copyright issues aside, on a personally selfish note, it means that I cannot trade these tracks for other rare tracks - so if anyone is willing to share personally with me the 'unmentionable' elusive 24-track, I would be more than grateful.

I also want to point out that the versions uploaded here are taken from 'Mini-Disc' copies - rather than a proper digital clone from the master tape. However as pointed out in another thread, it does mean that a marginally better version could some day see an official release, but that release will not be from the master tape, unless QPL (or their official authorised agents) decide to contact me. Life is too short for me to continually contact them.

I guess it also clearly demonstrates that ALL of Queen's rarities - are NOT stored in the archives - and that some gems are outwith the grasp of even QPL (I hope that this goes some way to silence my critics) moreover, now that they have been circulated in the public domain, perhaps it will bring an official product even closer, and I would urge all those who have downloaded these tracks to buy the authorised release.

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
Bo Alex user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bo Alex
Bohemian: 494 posts

Posted: 30 May 10, 17:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Eternally thanks, John. You made Queen fans happy worldwide, at least for a while.

A man who learnt how to teach, but forgot how to learn.

A la grande le puse cuca!!
A Word In Your Ear user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1789 posts

Posted: 30 May 10, 17:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, Thankyou John!!!!

Joyful the sound
The Fonz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 404 posts

Posted: 30 May 10, 18:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*snap*

that's the sound of the Fonz high-fiving John.

2 fonzie thumbs up for you, sir.

tcc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1581 posts

Posted: 30 May 10, 19:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much John.  I will certainly buy the official Queen product containing those tracks that you have shared with us when it comes out.

seagull user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 68 posts

Posted: 30 May 10, 23:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John,

Thanks for sharing these tracks, they were meant to be heard by all of us.

Living in Australia means it's 10 times more difficult to get hold of Queen music, so a really special thank you to you.

If Queen Productions do release this material themselves, then yes, of course I'll be buying it.  I buy every release of new meaterial.

cheers
Andy

I'm a long time queen fan from back in the late 70's.

Favourite albums are Queen II and Blue Rock.

Cheers to everyone from Melbourne.
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6375 posts

Posted: 30 May 10, 23:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks John and Pittrek.

I will likely buy it if officially released by QPL, but only if it is not diluted by predominently previously released material (like the singles box sets).

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
rubens user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 151 posts

Posted: 30 May 10, 23:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think real fans always buy official reliases even if they already have it in a way or another. People who get stuff for free via download aren´t fans and never buy anything...so your amazing share didn´t change anything on this matter.
Don´t worry, we will buy it if it someday turn to be official (at least I will) : )
And thank you very much again!!

TomP63 user not visiting Queenzone.com
TomP63
Bohemian: 373 posts

Posted: 31 May 10, 00:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Although I seldom post here, well let's say never. Me as a Queen adapt since Killer Queen, which seems to be long gone days like to add my gratitude toward John and Pittrek. I have a large collections Queen stuff containing the Beeb stuff. But in all fairness I never, ever heard my Beeb memories in such high quality. Of course I will buy the real thing, but to be honest, I won't hold my breath for the real Beeb, if such really excist  to buy. Even then 'new deal' with Universal will bring us anything new. Why not you may ask. The only thing we ever had was, this is in the pipeline, this may of might be released. Remember the Made in Heaven singles? Nuff said. But nevertheless, a very, very BIG thank you to the two man who made this rare occasion happen. And now I am gonna revive my memory.............

Sincerely, Tom

pete66 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 17 posts

Posted: 31 May 10, 01:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Many many thanks John for these BBC tracks be great to see them get a offical release i would certainly buy it ... cheers again

Rado user not visiting Queenzone.com
Rado
Bohemian: 120 posts

Posted: 31 May 10, 07:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

a dream cam truth for me.

over long, and long ( and long for multiple times...)..time i could now hear to my best favourites bbc session in all stinkleness

i feel very happy...

31/05/2010 - a day impressed definitively in my life...

another day open thanks to sir JOHN S. STUART ! :)

happy queen day fot you all

stark user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 376 posts

Posted: 31 May 10, 07:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 31 May 10, 07:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is really cool!
Thanks very much!

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 31 May 10, 07:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

By the way... I don´t want to nag, or be ungreatful or anything. But the speed of Session 6 is running a bit too fast. ;)

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
chromant user not visiting Queenzone.com
chromant
Rocker: 30 posts

Posted: 31 May 10, 08:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks John...listening to the BBC version of "White Queen" just bring me to tears...

and just to know...do you also have the master tape with the proper intro to "Great King Rat"?

thanks

onedunpark user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 270 posts

Posted: 31 May 10, 09:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Indeed, many many thanks, John, for your immense generosity.  It is greatly appreciated.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 31 May 10, 15:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rubens wrote:

"I think real fans always buy official reliases even if they already have it in a way or another."

Then I guess most people at this forum aren't real fans, because they don't buy the same songs 5 times just because they have a pretty package.

If it wasn't for real fans (most of whom I reckon don't buy all the rehashed official products), there would have been no new Queen product in the last 5 years (unless you want to count the 2 new songs on Queen Rock Montreal).  This is the very reason these sessions were finally shared here.  QP should have released them years ago.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
gioscana user not visiting Queenzone.com
gioscana
Bohemian: 164 posts

Posted: 31 May 10, 17:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

T h a n k s   ! ! !