Ok Thanks a lot! You know why I wanted to see Johns t-shirt? Some time ago I was browseing the internet and was looking for some nice quenn t-shirts. As far as I remember they all looked very childish to me and you know why?
1. Most of the tshirts are in black colour and I wrilly don't like black colour and never think of queen as some dead heavy metal band (although i very much adore 70' heavy queen haha. they were the greatest in 1970s )
2. And the other reason why I don't like those tshirs is that they all very muck look like "in your face" queen tshirts. Either you have large queen name or you have Freddie on front side from magic '86 era or very large heads of all four members. Maby some 13 or 15 yearolds would wear them but I'm a bit older than that.
And as I' m very artistic type of a person, I would like to have queen tshirt that doesn't indicate and give the impression (at least not at first and second look that this is "queen Freddies bend who sings WATC, Rock You, Bo RHAP") that this is queen tshirt.. Cause there are equally great if not greater songs like Liar, Ogre Battle, It's Late, White Queen, brighton Rock...... whom unfortunatelly are not known to weither or casual pop rock fans, but are only known to us hard core queen fans who own 70s albums and bootlegs.
In that spirit I want something much more intimate and with a bit more style and not so recognizable to someone who walks in the street and looks your "Magic Freddies '86" picture and thinks: "He listens queen whom singer died of aids"
I would like my queen tshirt to be very simple yet effective and I say again not so recognizable.
The one that Jone wore is absolutely great, very simple and effective. Who on earth could think that this logo has something to do with queen music, if I would have this kind of tshirts!? And that this got something to do with their 78/79 JAzz era songs!! Catch my drift!?
I was thinking of something like that :
- for Jazz era: a) one mid size or smaller female cyclist (from jazz album) and beneath the sentence: "LIVE KILLERS TOUR 1979" or "JAPAN TOUR 1979" or "BICYCLE RACES ARE OVER"
b) Or maby one line of many small cyclists and beneath that (paralel with them) same sentence.
- For early queen: crest and beneath that: "Breading The Air Since 1971".
- NOTW era: red tshirt with small robot face and sentence: "NEWS OF THE WORLD" or "SLEEPING ON THE SIDEWALK" or "IT'S LATE BUT NOT TOO LATE"
This is probably stupid to many of you who read this but this are kind of things i would like to wear.
I'll probably go to some graphic design studio and ask them if they can do that.
At least I would like to have the one that John wore.