Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Would you change anything about any Queen album?

forum rss feed
Author

Kacoblin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Kacoblin
Bohemian: 108 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Jun 10, 20:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I sometimes make up my own fantasy of what the four Queenies should have done differently with an album.

Like for instance, i made up my own depiction of their eponymous album:

Keep yourself alive
Doing Alright
Great king Rat
Mad the swine
My fairy king
Liar
Polar Bear
The night comes down
Hangman
Son an Daughter
Jesus

As much as i love Modern Times rock n, roll and Freddies idea that he would end the first album with seven seas of rye, then begin the second with the finished version. I chose what i think would of made this album more of an instant classic, even though i love it just as it was released, i feel like they could of added more songs. Perhaps even Silver Samon. What do you all think? Anything you would change about any Queen album of any sort?

Adrianats user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 17 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 10, 21:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, there are some things I'd do slightly differently.
In the song Sail away sweet sister for example, I'd let Freddie sing the whole thing, not just the bridge, and Brian would keep singing the backing vocals, I thought that song matched Freddie's voice, I really don't know why the hell they didn't leave the song for him to sing it entirely.

I wouldn't put the song Delilah in any album...that's really a bad song, even from Queen. That's Ok it's kinda cute it's dedicated to his cat, but even so, that really sucks..it's a real joke for sure.

If I remember any other thing I post here.

Adriana Yuri
jamster1111 user not visiting Queenzone.com
jamster1111
Bohemian: 844 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 10, 23:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think that they should have ended News of the World with WWRY and champions and opened it with It's Late

It's late, but it's time to set me free

It's late, yes I know but there's no way it has to be

Too late, so let the fire take our bodies this night

So late, so let the waters take our guilt in the t
rhyeking user not visiting Queenzone.com
rhyeking
Royalty: 1566 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 10, 01:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd love to hear Flash Gordon without the movie dialogue. I know it was Brian's idea to weave the sound-bites throughout in order to make the album seem like a movie experience, but I'd really like to hear the Queen + Howard Blake score by itself.

Issue a 30th Anniversary Edition Soundtrack, with the original album and the "dialogue-free" version, and I'd be a happy camper! 

Incidently, Howard Blake has released his score to the film, which makes for great listening (free of film clips).

Marina K. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Marina K.
Rocker: 42 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 10, 03:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ooh darlings.. the album that I'm sure that he must be such as he is - it is Made in heaven, nothing to add, nothing to delete, absolutely perfect work in my opinion. edited by heaven.

Kacoblin

Posted: 18 Jun 10, 03:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I couldn't agree more dear, i do love that album very much, i wonder what it would of sounded like if Freddie was still alive to make an altercations, or further compositions. I still sometimes think Innuendo could have been made into some kind of double album. Queen did say they had like 25 songs written, now wheither these were bits and pieces {a new life is born} or little typical Freddie ad-libs[ I guess were falling out, my secret fantasy] i have no knowledge of.
Though you have to admit, the idea is quite intreging, and keeps us Queen fans up at night, like i am right now.

Marina K. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Marina K.
Rocker: 42 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 10, 05:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kacoblin wrote: Though you have to admit, the idea is quite intreging, and keeps us Queen fans up at night, like i am right now.

oh yeah..

marvinp01 user not visiting Queenzone.com
marvinp01
Bohemian: 210 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 10, 10:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A Day At The Races should open with:
Overture (The menacing opening riff from Hyde Park)

News of the world

It's Late
Silver Salmon
All Dead All Dead
Spread Your Wings
Fight From The Inside
Get Down Make Love
Sleeping On The Sidewalk
Feelings, Feelings
Sheer Heart Attack
My Melancholy Blues
We Will Rock You
We Are The Champions

The Game
Sandbox should be added after Don't Try Suicide

"I was *burp* initially going to be on Thriller! Can you imagine that? Blew it!"
TRS-Romania user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 10, 14:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Works

"I Want to Break Free"  
"Keep Passing the Open Windows"  
"Radio Ga Ga"  
"Is This the World We Created...?"  
"Tear It Up"  
"I Go Crazy"
"It's a Hard Life"  
"Machines (Or 'Back to Humans')"  
"Hammer to Fall"

TRS-Romania user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 10, 14:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A Kind of Magic
"One Vision"    (GH II version , the AKOM album version sucks!)
"One Year of Love"  
"Friends Will Be Friends"  
"A Kind of Magic"  
"Pain Is So Close to Pleasure"  
"Princes of the Universe"  
"Gimme the Prize (Kurgan's Theme)"  
"Don't Lose Your Head"  
"Who Wants to Live Forever"

Kacoblin

Posted: 18 Jun 10, 15:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For the  Innuendo album:

1. Innnuendo
2 I'm going slightly mad
3. Headlong
4. I can't live with you
5. Don't try so hard
6. My secret Fantasy {finished lyrics}
7. Ride the wild wind
8. Face it Alone { finished version }
9. These are the days of our lives
10. I guess were falling out [with not ad libs }
11. Bjou
12. Assassin { Who knows what this unknown track sounds like, some claim it's the foundation for Innuendo }
13. The show must go on

The hitman [seem like an album filler, and it really doesn't fit in with the mood of the album}
Although Freddies vocal performance is phoenominal.
All gods people [ I would have kept this song on the Barcelona album, since that is it's origns}
Or just kept it unreleased, and released Face it alone instead. Again Freddies vocal capacity exceeds greatly.
As much as i sincerely adore "delilah" it could possibly stay, or maybe it could of just remained unreleased.

david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2020 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 10, 18:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

why change perfection?

Kacoblin

Posted: 18 Jun 10, 18:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh no dear, i loved Innuendo more than the next Queen fan. I personally feel like certain songs could have been added, if finished. It's just a hypothetical theory, of what if they did differently, or could they have added this song or that song.
I personally woudln't changed anything about the fabulous work Queen has done.
I suppose the fact that the songs that weren't included are unreleased is exciting for us Queenies, and if the band had released everything, all their scraps of work on their studio albums. We wouldn't have alot to look forward to, and discuss on this Queen fan base.

Band Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 212 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 10, 01:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Would have released all the Brian & Roger lead tracks with Freddie Mercury on lead vocals.

1. Rock It
2. Long  Way
3. Sail Away Sweet Sister
4. Hijack My Heart
5. Sheer Heart Attack plus all the others.

I personally believe the limited range of Roger and Brian held back some songs potential.

Dim user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 44 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 10, 04:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sheer Hear Attack has Freddie Lead, and the fact that he sung it in Rock n Roll style make this garage- punk- rock song more pioneer than anything in 1974-1977.

Dim user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 44 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 10, 05:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

THE WORKS

Radio Ga GA
Tear It Up
It's A Hard Life
Killing Time (Roger Taylor solo 1984 has Freddie bcking voclas)
Man On Prowl
Man On Fire (Roger Taylor solo 1984 or unreleased Queen version with Freddie Lead vocals)
There Must Be More Life Than This ( Freddie Mercury solo 1984-85 or Queen unreleased version)
Machines or Back To Humans
I Go Crazy (B/side on Radio ga ga)
I Want To Break Free
Keep Passing The Open Windows
Love Kills (Freddie Mercury solo 1984 or Queen unreleased version)
Hammer to Fall
Is This The World Are We Created?

Extra  track (Thanks God It's Christmas)

brians wig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2239 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 10, 05:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Band Forever wrote: Would have released all the Brian & Roger lead tracks with Freddie Mercury on lead vocals.

1. Rock It
2. Long  Way
4. Hijack My Heart

I personally believe the limited range of Roger and Brian held back some songs potential.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree with some of the stuff that Brian whined his way through (get rid of 'She Makes Me' completely and replace it with whiote noise if you have to), but Roger's singing ROCKS man!
Wish he'd done more, but I'm so glad he's done far more solo stuff than any of the others.
Roger is THE MAN and I can't wait for his new album.

A Word In Your Ear user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1789 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 10, 06:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

brians wig wrote: Band Forever wrote: Would have released all the Brian & Roger lead tracks with Freddie Mercury on lead vocals.

1. Rock It
2. Long  Way
4. Hijack My Heart

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree with some of the stuff that Brian whined his way through (get rid of 'She Makes Me' completely and replace it with whiote noise if you have to), but Roger's singing ROCKS man!
Wish he'd done more, but I'm so glad he's done far more solo stuff than any of the others.
Roger is THE MAN and I can't wait for his new album.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
I agree with Brians wig,  Roger & Brian's voice fit most of the songs they sang on & in the democratic band I'm sure Freddie would have agreed,  if not, I'm sure he would have fought his cause.

now the only thing that comes to mind, about changing things on a Queen Album, would be the cringe-worthy "Meows" on Delilah!!!!!

Joyful the sound
ILoveQueen20 user not visiting Queenzone.com
ILoveQueen20
Bohemian: 249 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 10, 08:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

'Would you change anything about a Queen album?' NO. NO I would not.>:-}

wanna know why?

because ALL the Queen albms are just perfect the way they are.(yes even hot space)

(IMO) Your actaully insulting Queen by saying how you would change their albums blah blah blah. Queen worked hard on their albums & produced some amazing stuff.

Queen Forever!
Band Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 212 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 10, 09:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with most comments on some of the songs sounded ok with the voices of Brian and Roger, but the fact remains the best Rock vocalist universally recognised, would have taken these songs to another dimension.
For posterity keep the albums under EMI label in their present format, but if Universal find or gain access to Freddie's vocals on some of Brian's and Roger's songs re-release this material  on a new re-mastered album 
I agree 'She makes me' is about the most boring and weak  song in the Queen catalouge, and Delilah was the band indulging Freddie as his time was ending.  As for Sheer Heart Attack if you listen carefully that is most definitely Roger on Lead with Freddie mixed in.
Some Day / One Day would have sounded great with Freddie too.