Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Treasure Moment- Final complete Version of Nevermore Cover

forum rss feed
Author

Mercuryking user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jul 10, 19:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here is a good version i recorded.
Check it out ,personally i think its one of the better covers of nevermore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcLN3EeeRSA

david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2017 posts

Posted: 05 Jul 10, 09:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sorry but.please dont try to hit the high notes again..
didnt like it.

Posted: 05 Jul 10, 10:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

haha im working on it. Ive just started singing seriously. Im learning everyday but its not bad overall for a guy that has not sung for a long time!

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 05 Jul 10, 14:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wow - please don't do that to my favourite queen song. why make statements like "just started singing seriously" and  "not sung for a long time"

i take it you did "comedy singing" before this.... a la Frank Sidebottom - at least he was funny and a comedy genius. you are funny by accident

...either you can sing - or you can't

i would say you can't

go deo na hÉireann

Posted: 05 Jul 10, 16:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brenski: IF you think i cant then your just talkin out of ur ass cause thats just plain bull talk, can you honestly say i dont hit the notes? Since i cant sing according to you , then maybe you and i are on the same league and then maybe you should record nevermore and lets compare , since i cant sing.

theCro user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts

Posted: 05 Jul 10, 19:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mercury SingerOfLife wrote: Here is a good version i recorded.
Check it out ,personally i think its one of the better covers of nevermore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcLN3EeeRSA
can you be so kind and send me that track for instrumental you did. i think it's awesome. i need it voiceless so i can record my own version! Thanks ! (you can pm me link after u upload it? )

stratapple user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 30 posts

Posted: 06 Jul 10, 05:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think its good, maybe work a bit on the falsetto but overall i think it's very good, you have a nice voice

Posted: 06 Jul 10, 05:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

stratapple: Thanks man, appreciate it very much , but im gonna improve from this and become better and better.

Posted: 06 Jul 10, 05:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

theCRO: Sorry man, dont have it, deleted it when i finished,i played the instrumental real quick and then put some strings over it and then vocals.But Its not that hard to play on the piano , its pretty easy. Took me 5 minutes to learn and play it.

andreas_mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
andreas_mercury
Royalty: 1068 posts

Posted: 06 Jul 10, 06:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its good to have heard you getting better amir, max is so wrong to be mean of your singing ability and shoot it down like i see on this forum

andreas.mercury@gmail.com         <<<<<<  can you send the photos there to be asap?

master marathon runner user not visiting Queenzone.com
master marathon runner
Royalty: 1198 posts

Posted: 06 Jul 10, 08:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Crikey !
 At least Freddie never lived long enough to hear this.

Master Marathon Runner

Posted: 07 Jul 10, 20:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mercury SingerOfLife wrote: theCRO: Sorry man, dont have it, deleted it when i finished,i played the instrumental real quick and then put some strings over it and then vocals.But Its not that hard to play on the piano , its pretty easy. Took me 5 minutes to learn and play it.

maybe we can do some collaboration? you do the instrumental and i'll take care of vocals, wouldn't that be nice? :)

andreas_mercury

Posted: 08 Jul 10, 11:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

of no one wants to hear you shit singing, theCro, leave it to professionals .......

amir can you please write to me   i dont have your e-mail yet

Posted: 08 Jul 10, 19:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

andreas_mercury wrote: of no one wants to hear you shit singing, theCro, leave it to professionals .......

andreas no one asked you anything so keep your mouth shouted
you don't know if i'm professional singer, you know nothing about me, so as i said above - keep blablaing down ;)

ludwigs user not visiting Queenzone.com
ludwigs
Bohemian: 456 posts

Posted: 11 Jul 10, 06:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mercury SingerOfLife wrote: i played the instrumental real quick and then put some strings over it and then vocals.But Its not that hard to play on the piano , its pretty easy. Took me 5 minutes to learn and play it.

What a ridiculous statement!!!  "Took me 5 minutes to learn it".....'it's not that hard'....?Ha ha Are you being serious?! To play this piece properly is not a simple task. You aren't playing the piano like the original. In essence you are playing the chord sequence....If you were playing the song as per the original it would take you much longer to learn and play.
 Your voice isn't too bad but my guess is that you should stick with karaoke sessions at the local pub or bedroom gigs. I'm not professing to be a great singer but I'd like to think that I would re-record the parts until they were as good as I could get them and be honest with myself.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4681 posts

Posted: 11 Jul 10, 07:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That is fucking awful.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
andreas_mercury

Posted: 11 Jul 10, 09:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

theCro wrote: andreas_mercury wrote: of no one wants to hear you shit singing, theCro, leave it to professionals .......

andreas no one asked you anything so keep your mouth shouted
you don't know if i'm professional singer, you know nothing about me, so as i said above - keep blablaing down ;)

you are the stupidest member of this fucking forum you cunter now supt and just be totally quiet from now on and you and i wll get along very well

Posted: 11 Jul 10, 10:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ludwigs wrote: Mercury SingerOfLife wrote: i played the instrumental real quick and then put some strings over it and then vocals.But Its not that hard to play on the piano , its pretty easy. Took me 5 minutes to learn and play it.

What a ridiculous statement!!!  "Took me 5 minutes to learn it".....'it's not that hard'....?Ha ha Are you being serious?! To play this piece properly is not a simple task. You aren't playing the piano like the original. In essence you are playing the chord sequence....If you were playing the song as per the original it would take you much longer to learn and play.
 Your voice isn't too bad but my guess is that you should stick with karaoke sessions at the local pub or bedroom gigs. I'm not professing to be a great singer but I'd like to think that I would re-record the parts until they were as good as I could get them and be honest with myself.

First of i didnt say that i meant the orignal version , i mean the version i made cause TheCro wanted my backround version so i just said the truth that i made the backround version in about 5 mins and that its not that hard, so get ur facts straight man.

Yea you are right that maybe i shouldnt have rushed it so much and re-recorded the parts that doesnt sound so good. So ur right about that, but that doesnt mean i shouldnt be a karaoke singer and that i should be able to get great at what im doing.

Posted: 11 Jul 10, 10:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote: That is fucking awful.

you are awful

ludwigs user not visiting Queenzone.com
ludwigs
Bohemian: 456 posts

Posted: 12 Jul 10, 04:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

[quote]but that doesnt mean i shouldnt be a karaoke singer and that i should be able to get great at what im doing. [/quote]

Not at all. I suggested staying with being a karaoke singer. Practise is what makes people better.