Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Freddie Madame Tussauds Statue?

forum rss feed
Author

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 2956 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jul 10, 06:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does anyone know what happened to the Freddie statue (dressed in Live Aid costume) that used to be at the top of the staircase in the Trocadero in London?  I used to see it most lunchtiems as  I worked there, but when the buidling was ripped apart and rebuilt I don't know if it was moved somewhere else, or bought by a private collector. 

It would be a terrible shame if it has been melted down (it should be preserved as a memento of Live Aid as a historical event, even if you don't like Queen!)

Cheers

Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2370 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 10, 07:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not sure what they did with that one, but he is still in the main exhibition, dressed in the red 86' costume

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Bad Seed user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bad Seed
Bohemian: 507 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 10, 09:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Its the same one. It may well have been re-modelled at some point, but its exactly the same in different clothes.
First saw it in 1993 in the Tussauds spin off Rock Circus. Freddie was at the door where they do the souvenir photos.

cmsdrums

Posted: 07 Jul 10, 09:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Guys - glad to know it's still with us!

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4685 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 10, 10:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hear it was melted and reused for a Paul Rodgers statue. Apparently that has now been melted and turned into an Adam Lambert figure. Tussards are still waiting for Brian to phone with the latest update.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
cmsdrums

Posted: 07 Jul 10, 12:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote: I hear it was melted and reused for a Paul Rodgers statue. Apparently that has now been melted and turned into an Adam Lambert figure. Tussards are still waiting for Brian to phone with the latest update.

Now that is funny!!! :-)

LordOfAllDarkness user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 74 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 10, 12:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If it is the one i saw at Madame Tussaud's last year, it looks terrible