Forums > Personal > Led Zeppling = A cover band? Stealing songs

forum rss feed
Author

Mercuryking user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jul 10, 09:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

here you go, led zeppling is more of a fraud than an legendary band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEsL46_PgOg

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jul 10, 09:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You suck. Zeppelin rules!


"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jul 10, 10:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote: You suck. Zeppelin rules!

treasure moment is 1 million times better than led zeppelin, FACT.


Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

andreas_mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
andreas_mercury
Royalty: 1068 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jul 10, 11:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

funny that you two should talk about theft because you have not even answered my emails yet, send me what is rightflly mine

you also owe to me several thousands of dollars ........

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jul 10, 11:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote: Holly2003 wrote: You suck. Zeppelin rules!

treasure moment is 1 million times better than led zeppelin, FACT.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only a million: do I sense some self-doubt? Could it be your total failure to gain a recording contract, your inability to play your instruments, your lack of creativity, and the fact your lead singer can't hold a note? Keep the faith bro, there's a market for badly played elavator music somewhere.

ps Zeppelin rule!


"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jul 10, 12:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote: Treasure Moment wrote: Holly2003 wrote: You suck. Zeppelin rules!

treasure moment is 1 million times better than led zeppelin, FACT.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only a million: do I sense some self-doubt? Could it be your total failure to gain a recording contract, your inability to play your instruments, your lack of creativity, and the fact your lead singer can't hold a note? Keep the faith bro, there's a market for badly played elavator music somewhere.

ps Zeppelin rule!

as i said its a million times better, im not being arrogant, just speaking the truth.


Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jul 10, 12:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zeppelin rule is the truth Otis.


"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
andreas_mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
andreas_mercury
Royalty: 1068 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jul 10, 12:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

interesting that everyone (even me and milidrag) hate your music, max.  you suck and you are mean to amir who was the only man of the band to have any talent .....

andreas_mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
andreas_mercury
Royalty: 1068 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jul 10, 12:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

max better than led zeppelin, sure thing

oh PS does anyone remember your karmablade band?       quick answer NO thanks

andreas_mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
andreas_mercury
Royalty: 1068 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jul 10, 12:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

and so funny that your song "warrior" ripped off "final countdown"   should you really start this thread guys

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18625 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jul 10, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This so-called "ripping off" occurred in the late 60s and early 70s, when copyright laws didn't exist and people didn't feel "ripped off" when someone quoted their song.

It was considered a compliment to have someone incorporate your song into theirs.  For decades it was a very common practice in the blues genre to pass music down from generation to generation like this, but Zeppelin were the first band to find great commercial success writing songs this way.

By the time lawsuits started by the 80s, Willie Dixon saw dollar signs in his eyes, sued Zeppelin for Whole Lotta Love, and of course he won, but he did an incredible disservice to the genre of music that gave him a name.


"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jul 10, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote: Zeppelin rule is the truth Otis.
if you like an overrated cover band then yeah they rule


Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jul 10, 13:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote: This so-called "ripping off" occurred in the late 60s and early 70s, when copyright laws didn't exist and people didn't feel "ripped off" when someone quoted their song.

It was considered a compliment to have someone incorporate your song into theirs.  For decades it was a very common practice in the blues genre to pass music down from generation to generation like this, but Zeppelin were the first band to find great commercial success writing songs this way.

By the time lawsuits started by the 80s, Willie Dixon saw dollar signs in his eyes, sued Zeppelin for Whole Lotta Love, and of course he won, but he did an incredible disservice to the genre of music that gave him a name.

stop defending them, they are disgusting theives.


Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jul 10, 13:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote: Holly2003 wrote: Zeppelin rule is the truth Otis.
if you like an overrated cover band then yeah they rule
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You won't hear Zeppelin played in elevators, although your band might reach those dizzy heights (17th floor?) with a LOT of practice, a new singer who can hit and hold a note and a new keyboard player with 10 fingers.


"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Amazon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 996 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jul 10, 13:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zeppelin definitely ripped off other artists, but it doesn't really concern me, as what I love about them isn't their originality or creativity, but their playing.  They were creative, yes, but wat astonishes me is the quality of their musicalship; Jimmy's masterful playing, the brilliance of JPJ and Bonham and even Plant, whom I don't always love and I think is quite overrated but is often brilliant. They were also extremely talented writers, although they weren't always that original. Still, when I put Dazed and Confused on the cd player and turn it up loud, I don't care whether it was ripped off another song or not. It rocks!!! :D

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jul 10, 13:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote: Treasure Moment wrote: Holly2003 wrote: Zeppelin rule is the truth Otis.
if you like an overrated cover band then yeah they rule
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You won't hear Zeppelin played in elevators, although your band might reach those dizzy heights (17th floor?) with a LOT of practice, a new singer who can hit and hold a note and a new keyboard player with 10 fingers.

as i said tm's music is 10 times better than zeppelin, thats a FACT


Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

andreas_mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
andreas_mercury
Royalty: 1068 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jul 10, 13:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

so when you ripped off final countdown and made me play drums on it insisting it was a new song never before heard, what were you doing?  why is it ok for you to pirate

Amazon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 996 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jul 10, 13:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm only responding because it annoys me when people confuse fact with opinion.


Treasure Moment wrote: "as i said tm's music is 10 times better than zeppelin, thats a FACT"

Really? Is that a fact as in 1+1=2 or people who mistake their opinions for facts are fools? I would say the latter.



Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jul 10, 13:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amazon wrote: I'm only responding because it annoys me when people confuse fact with opinion.

Treasure Moment wrote: "as i said tm's music is 10 times better than zeppelin, thats a FACT"

Really? Is that a fact as in 1+1=2 or people who mistake their opinions for facts are fools? I would say the latter.

i know what im talking about, if TM wasnt better i wouldnt say it. zeppelin is a disgusting band, they STEAL other peoples music.


Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jul 10, 14:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Treasure Moment wrote:

as i said tm's music is 10 times better than zeppelin, thats a FACT

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nope, you said one million. This time you must've counted using all your fingers and toes and reached a total of 10.


"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)