Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > What should I tell Brian?

forum rss feed
Author

Projector Freddie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 113 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 10, 23:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm going to LA this next Tuesday for the village lost and found lecture/book signing. I'll probably have only a few seconds to talk to Brian, any ideas about what I should.shouldn't say?????

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 10, 00:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If I had just a few seconds I'd use them up to thank him for the music and let him know how much it meant to me, and tell him that as a fan I was grateful to have a chance to share his passions and interests through his books.  In fact, knowing myself as I do I'd likely decline to have him sign my book because I would want the encounter to be purely about giving something back rather than asking something of him.  However, I'd definintely stop short of recommending that to all the normal people who aren't sentimental mops like myself.

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4282 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 10, 00:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ask him if he wants to go fox hunting with you.

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10071 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 10, 01:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What about saying "Thank you" ?

Sunshine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 191 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 10, 01:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pim Derks wrote: Ask him if he wants to go fox hunting with you.

hahaha:) Yeah do that...

You ain't seen nothing 'till your down on the muffin...;)
Marina K. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Marina K.
Rocker: 42 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 10, 02:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh how I envy you!!!!!!! You're so lucky!

I'm absolutely agree with GratefulFan and pittrek! And as a sentimental mop :> I'd say: "Thank you for your existance" or "Thank you for everything you do".
Generally, I would thank him, doesn't matter for what.

Good luck!

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 10, 02:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Say:

I saw you 98 times all over Europe, and I never been able to talk to any one of you..
Can I see you later on.... ? I missed you 98 times already

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4282 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 10, 02:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@niek - someone has already done that... :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbLb3jbJxQQ

Ghostwithasmile is BACK! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ghostwithasmile is BACK!
Bohemian: 940 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 10, 07:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well I would suggest that you ask him while smoking a sigarete in front of his face,  eating a hamburger and wearing a fox(y)furcoat, when the boxsets will be released?

I

Voice of Reason 2014 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1058 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 10, 08:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I find in those circumstances a simple 'it's great to see you' works well!

"Build your muscles as your body decays!"
bigV user not visiting Queenzone.com
bigV
Royalty: 1646 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 10, 10:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote: What about saying "Thank you" ?

Seconded! 

Or else you could say something along the lines of: "Get back in the recording studio, you twat!" 

V.

I'm as mad as HELL, and I'm not going to take this anymore!

Jasonite user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jasonite
Champion: 53 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 10, 10:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tell him you'd like Queen to release an official video of the Hammersmith concert in '79 on DVD!

J

"There are three kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't."
jamster1111 user not visiting Queenzone.com
jamster1111
Bohemian: 844 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 10, 10:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i'm goin to that too on tuesday. I dont know how long you have but i dont think well get to say much

It's late, but it's time to set me free

It's late, yes I know but there's no way it has to be

Too late, so let the fire take our bodies this night

So late, so let the waters take our guilt in the t
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 10, 10:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bigV wrote:

Or else you could say something along the lines of: "Get back in the recording studio, you twat!" 

V.

^^^This and tell him he better tour the US next time! ;-)

Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 10, 11:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You could tell him that the more he allows Queen's name to be used for absolutely anything that will get the Queen name on TV or in the charts, the more he is alienating the people that have stood behind the band for many, many years and are sick and fucking tired of Queen being nothing more than a laughing stock.

Oh, yeah.  Whilst you're at it, ask him where the fucking box sets are..... ;-)

Benn
LordOfAllDarkness user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 74 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 10, 11:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam Unger (QueenVault.com) user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Unger (QueenVault.com)
Bohemian: 347 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 10, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I met him last night at the presentation in Philly.  He was very open with the fans and spent a lot of time talking to each person.  The person 2 ahead of me in line was talking to him and the library staff tried to push her along.  Brian stopped them and said "no no, it's okay.  This is the only time these people are going to get a chance to talk with me, it's ok, I'm fine."  I was so impressed by how much time and effort he put into talking with everyone; there were about 350-400 people at the presentation.

When I got up to meet with him, he shook my hand, personalized my book, we had a nice little conversation, and he posed for a picture with me.  He was very funny/personable and really made an effort to engage with everyone.

The presentation itself was about 1hr to 1 hr 15 minutes in length and was very interesting.  They handed out 3D glasses and had a screen to present images from the book.  He was sure to share the stage with Elana and have her present as well.  He was very warm with the audience and did a Q&A session as well.

If you get a chance, go see the presentation.  The book itself is very interesting, even to someone like me who had no interest in the subject matter before going in.

QueenVault.com

Updated October 2, 2016
rhyeking user not visiting Queenzone.com
rhyeking
Royalty: 1566 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 10, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Benn wrote: You could tell him that the more he allows Queen's name to be used for absolutely anything that will get the Queen name on TV or in the charts, the more he is alienating the people that have stood behind the band for many, many years and are sick and fucking tired of Queen being nothing more than a laughing stock.

Oh, yeah.  Whilst you're at it, ask him where the fucking box sets are..... ;-)
++++++++++++++

Benn, you may speak for some fans, but you DO NOT speak for all fans!

As long as Roger and Brian continue to record and perform, either as Queen or under another name, I will support them. I've supported them for many years and at no time have I ever felt they tarnished Queen's name. No would I ever.

Do you people know how presumptuous and arrogant you sound with posts like the one quoted above? Queen does not seek or need your approval and if you don't like what they produce, don't buy it! Plenty of fans enjoy ALL eras of Queen, not just the classic work and classic line up. You would have them retire the name Queen just to placate your inflated sense of nostalgia and self-righteous commitment to your fandom.

Thankfully, they ignore your protestations and muling. More than anything Queen could do, it's fanatics like you who "ruin Queen" and ruin our enjoyment with your twisted and elitist ideals.

I should repost my "Ruined Forever" doc so you can take a good long look in the mirror.

Projector Freddie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 113 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 10, 13:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam Unger (QueenVault.com) wrote: I met him last night at the presentation in Philly.  He was very open with the fans and spent a lot of time talking to each person.  The person 2 ahead of me in line was talking to him and the library staff tried to push her along.  Brian stopped them and said "no no, it's okay.  This is the only time these people are going to get a chance to talk with me, it's ok, I'm fine."  I was so impressed by how much time and effort he put into talking with everyone; there were about 350-400 people at the presentation.

When I got up to meet with him, he shook my hand, personalized my book, we had a nice little conversation, and he posed for a picture with me.  He was very funny/personable and really made an effort to engage with everyone.

The presentation itself was about 1hr to 1 hr 15 minutes in length and was very interesting.  They handed out 3D glasses and had a screen to present images from the book.  He was sure to share the stage with Elana and have her present as well.  He was very warm with the audience and did a Q&A session as well.

If you get a chance, go see the presentation.  The book itself is very interesting, even to someone like me who had no interest in the subject matter before going in.

-----------------------------------------------------------
 This is good to hear, I really do want a picture with the man. How much was the book? I emaild Brian's secretary Jenn, and she said $60. I'm just trying to budget.

Also I'm going to the first night signing in LA, he's there for a second night which means he'll be in the city overnight. Maybe I'll run into him!?

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 2804 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 10, 15:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL... funny... all the obnoxious responses here.... smoking, burger, fox hunt.... etc..

asshoolios.. it'd be terrible if some shmuck did that.

I gotta say thank you for bringing this info to light here... I'll now be there attending the event, I'd heard about the work he'd been doing on stereoscopic photography... but i'm not a regular to the soapbox. So THANK YOU.

While i'm sure he'd been THRILLED about someone sharing a common interest in said photography... I'm not certain that many people are attending for that purpose...

sooo... speak whatever it is from within.... listen to your inner yoda ;)

"Come tonight! Come to the Overbite! Come See Freddie rock Toniiiiight!"