Forums > Queen - General Discussion > How much Queen fans are Queenzoners?

forum rss feed
Author

stratapple user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 30 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Jul 10, 16:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was just wondering, how serious fans u guys are?
Do you think Queen is like the best band ever, Freddie is God of music ect. ??
Or are are Queen "just" another cool band??..

Personally i wouldn't no other band can't hold the candle to Queen.. Im actually not even sure if Queen are my favorite band.. i very much like other artist like Deep Purple, Rainbow, Bob Dyland and Pink Floyd..

Are Freddie God of music?? : i would say no.. yes he was an amazing singer but he wasn't perfect, at least live his range was often limited compared to studio ect.. There are many other incredible singers out there, that might or might not be better than Freddie..

How are ur opinion about Queen??

lifetimefanofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
lifetimefanofqueen
Royalty: 1328 posts

Posted: 01 Aug 10, 06:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I LOVE QUEEN. I AM SO OBSESSED, i dont know many other bands or atleast i do but dont take much notice at the members, i just listen to the music and i quite like it, like David Bowie, i only like his one song life of mars, which is a very good song indeed. but Queen are definatly my favorite band XD

freddiefan91 user not visiting Queenzone.com
freddiefan91
Bohemian: 399 posts

Posted: 01 Aug 10, 09:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would say im a pretty serious fan, for me Queen are one of the best bands in music history, there are other bands/artists that I like but none come close to Queen IMHO

As for Freddie being perfect, nobody is ever perfect but Freddie came pretty close to it and even if his range was limited live he certainlly performed to the best of his ability and had awesome stage prescence

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6242 posts

Posted: 01 Aug 10, 19:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love the band and I think their music, their songwriting, their changes in style, their instruments, their concerts, their studio work, etc. are interesting enough to have devoted loads of hours of my life in researching. And I love this forum, as it's been a (minor but still) part of my life for the last decade.

But that's it: I don't regard them as deities, I do think there are better guitarists than Dr Wig, etc.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2744 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 10, 00:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sort of a silly thread here......I have hundreds of CD's and tons of favorite artists.... music like carole king/james talyor to the heaviest of music like priest, maiden, slayer.  Pianist like Dr. John, Randy newman, professor longhair.  But Queen are  The only Band I'm still sort of Obsessed with.   Even as I hit middle Age my love for the band continues to grow.  Maybe they're better guitarists than Dr. Wig, but how many of those guitarist are better songwriter's?....not many!.....how many singer's could sing as many different styles like freddie did?....not many!......So maybe they wern't perfect musicians but they were easily one of the best songwriting bands of all time.

Posted: 02 Aug 10, 00:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

stratapple wrote: I was just wondering, how serious fans u guys are?
Do you think Queen is like the best band ever, Freddie is God of music ect. ??
Or are are Queen "just" another cool band??..

Personally i wouldn't no other band can't hold the candle to Queen.. Im actually not even sure if Queen are my favorite band.. i very much like other artist like Deep Purple, Rainbow, Bob Dyland and Pink Floyd..

Are Freddie God of music?? : i would say no.. yes he was an amazing singer but he wasn't perfect, at least live his range was often limited compared to studio ect.. There are many other incredible singers out there, that might or might not be better than Freddie..

How are ur opinion about Queen??

Freddie God of music?....Of course not,  but why only pick on fred?....why not add brian or roger or John?....Is brian god of music?.....of course not......Is elton John god of music?....of course not......Is Rainbow god of music?...of course not!......might a few rock singer's be equal or god forbid a little better than freddie.....Maybe, maybe not.   but why limit that statement only to freddie?.......

Posted: 02 Aug 10, 06:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mike hunt wrote:

Freddie God of music?....Of course not,  but why only pick on fred?....why not add brian or roger or John?....Is brian god of music?.....of course not......Is elton John god of music?....of course not......Is Rainbow god of music?...of course not!......might a few rock singer's be equal or god forbid a little better than freddie.....Maybe, maybe not.   but why limit that statement only to freddie?.......

Im not picking on Freddie, but i often hear people saying Freddie are the God of music, i've never heard anyone say Brain, Roger or John was God of music.. Im sorry if it seemed like i was picking in Freddie.. I wasn't.. I was just wondering how many of you guy on Queenzone was like "Freddie and Queen are Gods and better than anyone else".. :-D

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 10, 07:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen is by FAR the best band of all time and freddie is by FAR the best singer with the best voice of all time.

Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Posted: 02 Aug 10, 09:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen are a top ten band......Beatles will alway's be #1.

Posted: 02 Aug 10, 09:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Though Beatles are a good band, i've never been much of a fan..
They wrote some very good songs though, Norwegian Wood are my favorite

I guess my favorite band are Deep Purple

Posted: 02 Aug 10, 09:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote: I love the band and I think their music, their songwriting, their changes in style, their instruments, their concerts, their studio work, etc. are interesting enough to have devoted loads of hours of my life in researching. And I love this forum, as it's been a (minor but still) part of my life for the last decade.

But that's it: I don't regard them as deities, I do think there are better guitarists than Dr Wig, etc.

i think they were deities.......maybe they're better musicians than Queen, but how many of these bands could write the songs that They did?.....It's all about songwriting.....That's why the beatles are considered the best band of all time, not because they had the best guitarist, drummer, ect.   Queen were in fact underated, not overated.  They covered more styles on one album than most bands do in a career.   An amazing band for sure....only a few are better.

Posted: 02 Aug 10, 09:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

stratapple wrote: Though Beatles are a good band, i've never been much of a fan..
They wrote some very good songs though, Norwegian Wood are my favorite

I guess my favorite band are Deep Purple

I'm not a huge beatles fan,  but we must be honest.   Deep Purple is a good choice.

plumrach user not visiting Queenzone.com
plumrach
Bohemian: 716 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 10, 09:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

At the end of the day its all down to choice really, I love everything about Queen and the fact that they had a Queen & PR venture and i like the fact that they were not afraid to do different genres (hot space) for example, they did what they belived in and all 4 of them were fantastic for Queen in every way possible

Yeah there is other bands and artists who people may think are better but thats upto other people what they like or dont like

As for Freddie being a god of music, i would say he comes in the top of all time music artists, if you think about MIchael Jackson being what people describe as King of Pop then in that case Freddie could be King of Rock

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 10, 09:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mike hunt wrote: Queen are a top ten band......Beatles will alway's be #1.
beatles? they are garbage

Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Posted: 02 Aug 10, 10:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

plumrach wrote: At the end of the day its all down to choice really, I love everything about Queen and the fact that they had a Queen & PR venture and i like the fact that they were not afraid to do different genres (hot space) for example, they did what they belived in and all 4 of them were fantastic for Queen in every way possible

Yeah there is other bands and artists who people may think are better but thats upto other people what they like or dont like

As for Freddie being a god of music, i would say he comes in the top of all time music artists, if you think about MIchael Jackson being what people describe as King of Pop then in that case Freddie could be King of Rock

It really is all opinion.....Don't get me started on my opinion of michael jackson.....king of pop my ass!.....Agree with you about freddie of course.

plumrach

Posted: 02 Aug 10, 10:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Im not a fan of MJ its just that ive seen other people mainly the press describe him as King Of Pop which is totally rubbish of course but again its all about taste and opinion

its about us lot saying we think Freddie is great and then as i have seen on youtube there is people slagging him off but then the comments hat are made mjust be made by retards going by the standard of the comments

plumrach

Posted: 02 Aug 10, 10:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh and i cant stand the beatles, dont like em at all

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6242 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 10, 21:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

> It's all about songwriting

It's not ALL about songwriting: imagine ANATO written the same way, same chords, lyrics, melodies, modulations... but instead of having Freddie, Brian and Roger singing you had three rejects from X-Factor and BGT; instead of human bass, a Moog playing the same notes; instead of guitar choirs, a kazoo ensemble; instead of drums, Linn programming. So it's not ALL about songwriting.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.

Posted: 03 Aug 10, 01:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote: > It's all about songwriting

It's not ALL about songwriting: imagine ANATO written the same way, same chords, lyrics, melodies, modulations... but instead of having Freddie, Brian and Roger singing you had three rejects from X-Factor and BGT; instead of human bass, a Moog playing the same notes; instead of guitar choirs, a kazoo ensemble; instead of drums, Linn programming. So it's not ALL about songwriting.

Queen obviously were both amazing musicians and songwriter's.  No one's debating that.

Sith user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sith

Posted: 06 Aug 10, 13:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

stratapple wrote: mike hunt wrote:

Im not picking on Freddie, but i often hear people saying Freddie are the God of music, i've never heard anyone say Brain, Roger or John was God of music.. Im sorry if it seemed like i was picking in Freddie.. I wasn't.. I was just wondering how many of you guy on Queenzone was like "Freddie and Queen are Gods and better than anyone else".. :-D

Wasn't it Brian who hit the nail on the head whe he said "Queen are a lot better than anyone of us".?