Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Brian May's TVOLAF Book Signing in Letchworth

forum rss feed

timl user not visiting
Rocker: 20 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Aug 10, 17:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

im just wondering anybody on Queenzone who went to this signing would like to share there experince

because if it tops mine i will be suprised

I read about the event via internet and decied i will spend my birthday money on train tickets and the book (i was coming from birmingham)

so here i am 16 never left the midlands before on my own and i was going to letcchworth on my own

so i catch the train - fine
got into london - very excitied
tube - found it ok but was scared
kings cross to letchworth - fine

letchworth garden city -

imo it was a beautiful place but not realy enjoyable for a full day

i found Davids Bookshop fine

and then i waited
i arived in letchworth about ahalf 12

cut a long story short it was time to que i was number 8 - i think

then it was time he arived and i almost fainted i waited 6 years to meet him and now here it was

so i met him i told him where i come from and how much i appreachated him he then asked if i was going to his talk on the book that night and i said no and that i couldnt afford it he then turned to someone and said get him a ticket his coming tonight so i felt honoured my idol was inviting me to this but when i left the shop i relised i was going to miss the train and i thought fuck it (sorry about languge)  so after another long wait i arrived at the hotel at 7pm  for the sterophotic convention i got a name badge and went in all in all it was cool (I WAS SITTING IN THE SAME ROOM AS BRIAN MAY !!!!!!!!!!!!) then there was a break and i asked him to sign my name badge then he did his talk then he resigned my book on another page i then left caught a train to london kings cross missed last train and slept in st paprigus station till the next day when someone sent me through a ticket from birmingham

Make The Most Out Of Life