Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Wembley 86 first night - complete video

forum rss feed
Author

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18629 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Aug 10, 11:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The complete first night at Wembley was shown at this year's UK fan convention.  Did anyone here see it?  Anything interesting to report?

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
rhyeking user not visiting Queenzone.com
rhyeking
Royalty: 1566 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 10, 11:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Really?

I thought they only taped a few songs as a rehearsal for the 2nd night, which became the Live At Wembley '86 and Live At Wembley Stadium releases.

Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Bohemian: 931 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 10, 12:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yep I heard too it was shown as a complete concert. Only problem was that most of the time only one or two cameras were on and the shots were not perfect as it was just a test for the next night,

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
jamster1111 user not visiting Queenzone.com
jamster1111
Bohemian: 844 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 10, 21:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow! Is there anywhere where we can see this?

It's late, but it's time to set me free

It's late, yes I know but there's no way it has to be

Too late, so let the fire take our bodies this night

So late, so let the waters take our guilt in the t
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10070 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 10, 03:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is there a chance "somebody" filmed it ? :-)

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 10, 03:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Interesting.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

brians wig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2236 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 10, 06:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No it wasn't shown.

It was the DVD release of the second night that was shown, but for anyone who has only seen that once but have seen the TV edit far to many times, they could be forgiven for seeing songs they weren't familiar with and therefore making the mistake....

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 10, 07:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haha, oh my. Like we haven't seen that a thousand times already. God, I suggest we all become die-hard fans of other bands. The whole Queen-thing is becoming embarrassing and ridiculous by the minute.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

wrak user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 45 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 10, 11:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I read ages ago, might have been around '96, in the Record Collector magazine (the "for sale" sections) that a copy of that show was for sale. I didn't really believe that it was the complete show, but... now I kind of regret not caring enough about that. 
 ahwell, not the most informative input to this subject, other than it bugged my mind for a while :P

/Sami

pittrek

Posted: 08 Aug 10, 12:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

brians wig wrote:

No it wasn't shown.

It was the DVD release of the second night that was shown, but for anyone who has only seen that once but have seen the TV edit far to many times, they could be forgiven for seeing songs they weren't familiar with and therefore making the mistake....

Oh damned

Major Tom user not visiting Queenzone.com
S.D.M.F
Major Tom
Bohemian: 878 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 10, 20:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I never understood the hype of "The Magic Tour"...

It´s better to burn out than to fade away.
Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 10, 03:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kalb wrote: Un ressort Moonlit nuit sur le printemps River dans que la rivière augmente plus élevé que la mer et avec la montée de la rivière la lune uprises lumineux. Elle suit les vagues de roulement pour dix mille li et où la rivière coule, il déborde sa lumière. Les vents de la rivière, autour de le îlot parfumée où les fleurs florissant dans sa lumière tous ressemblent neige. Vous ne peut pas dire ses poutres de gel hoar dans l'air, ni de sable blanc sur la plage d'adieu ci-dessous. Aucune poussière n'a colorées à l'eau de fusion avec le ciel ; une roue Solitaire comme la lune brille brillant loin et large. La scie rivage première la lune qui se posent ? Lorsque la lune voir tout d'abord un homme par riverside ? AH, générations ont venir et collé absent ; d'une année à l'autre
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I disagree, I think Star Trek generations is the best Star Trek film.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
pittrek

Posted: 09 Aug 10, 03:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kalb wrote:

Un ressort Moonlit nuit sur le printemps River dans que la rivière augmente plus élevé que la mer et avec la montée de la rivière la lune uprises lumineux. Elle suit les vagues de roulement pour dix mille li et où la rivière coule, il déborde sa lumière. Les vents de la rivière, autour de le îlot parfumée où les fleurs florissant dans sa lumière tous ressemblent neige. Vous ne peut pas dire ses poutres de gel hoar dans l'air, ni de sable blanc sur la plage d'adieu ci-dessous. Aucune poussière n'a colorées à l'eau de fusion avec le ciel ; une roue Solitaire comme la lune brille brillant loin et large. La scie rivage première la lune qui se posent ? Lorsque la lune voir tout d'abord un homme par riverside ? AH, générations ont venir et collé absent ; d'une année à l'autre
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

true religion for men and women/true religion jeans/true religion perfume

Prepác, ale hovno ti rozumiem