forum rss feed
Author

pietrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pietrek
Bohemian: 108 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Aug 10, 10:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi people!!

Can anybody help me?? I want to see Freddie's photos from his last days (1990,1991). I've found 7,8 photos somewhere but i want to see more. Are photos from Montreux 1991 available? I've heard that  there's a photo of Freddie in process of crematation but it wasn't confirmed. Thanks for help.

Piotr

lifetimefanofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
lifetimefanofqueen
Royalty: 1328 posts

Posted: 29 Aug 10, 15:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i use to have photos of Freddie from his last days, but ive never heard of the cremation thing tho, but if i see it i will cry, but when i get my laptop back from pc world and if i still have all my photoes on there i will try and find some for u, i'll have a look on google but im on my moms laptop and it is stupidly slow, i'll be back in mo, tho  i think u've probably seen them before.

brians wig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2237 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 10, 03:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmmm. Freddies cremation?
I think we are heading into the realms of either sickness or obsession here.
Each to their own I suppose...

-fatty- 2850 user not visiting Queenzone.com
-fatty- 2850
Deity: 2029 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 10, 05:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have a couple photos of Freddie taken just before he died. They're super awsome and he's just lying in his bed like a skeleton with all tubes coming out his arms and shit and if you zoom in you can just see the grim reaper's hand just about to touch Fred's neck. I've also heard that there are photos of his corpse being removed from Garden Lodge and I'd give my left nut to see those.

However, I do have to agree that looking for cremation pics is a bit sick. Wouldn't you prefer photos of Brian when he had hepatitus, Roger when he had his tonsils out or John's septic thumb?

fatty.

Jam Monkey user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jam Monkey
Bohemian: 664 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 10, 08:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"In the process of cremation", what you mean half burned? Even if there where such a photo I woundn't want to see it. That is just sick.

Contact me, I'm no Darth Vader: jam_monkey@hotmail.com
Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Bohemian: 931 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 10, 08:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pietrek1994 wrote: Hi people!!

Can anybody help me?? I want to see Freddie's photos from his last days (1990,1991). I've found 7,8 photos somewhere but i want to see more. Are photos from Montreux 1991 available? I've heard that  there's a photo of Freddie in process of crematation but it wasn't confirmed. Thanks for help.

Piotr
Why do you want those pics? What does it contribute to your life seeing those pictures? Imagine YOU beeing shot on camera with an assinfection strumbling down the streets of London. Were you happy. NO??!!  Leave him to rest.

These treads really upset me. Sorry for the rudeness

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
master marathon runner user not visiting Queenzone.com
master marathon runner
Royalty: 1237 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 10, 11:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Extreme shame on you.

Master Marathon Runner

Master Marathon Runner
lifetimefanofqueen

Posted: 30 Aug 10, 13:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ok im freaked out, proses of cremation. (i think i spelt it wrong but oh well) im freaked out 0_o

pietrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pietrek
Bohemian: 108 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 10, 14:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lifetimefanofqueen  thank you very much :)

Why are you people so angry about that? I'm just a fan and i want to know something about Freddie. If you don't want to send this pictures just say normally. 

Last photo?

Attachment: 105930737364156.jpg 231 KB
This has been downloaded 160 time(s).

danielehope user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 10, 23:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can someone post  some rare photo about Freddie's last year? (1991)
Or can someone send me them?
A lot of people uses to give bad comments about people that want see these pictures BUT...i read that some Queenzoners have this pictures!
Can you share these pictures?

rhapsody8 user not visiting Queenzone.com
rhapsody8
Bohemian: 722 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 10, 01:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Get your head down baby - we're gonna ride tonight...
freddiefan91 user not visiting Queenzone.com
freddiefan91
Bohemian: 399 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 10, 05:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just get Jim Huttons awful book, he describes how Freddie looked after he died and there are plenty of references to how ill he looked and he had no muscle left on his body

lifetimefanofqueen

Posted: 31 Aug 10, 06:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

freddiefan91 wrote: Just get Jim Huttons awful book, he describes how Freddie looked after he died and there are plenty of references to how ill he looked and he had no muscle left on his body

im reading that book, its not that bad, but i havent got to that bit yet. im only on page 70, its talkin about their holiday in japan.

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 10, 07:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

freddiefan91 wrote: Just get Jim Huttons awful book, he describes how Freddie looked after he died and there are plenty of references to how ill he looked and he had no muscle left on his body
==================================

Jim Hutton's 'awful' book, and that other 'awful' one by Peter Freestone are about the only reason the written record of Fred is anything more than that of a sex addicted, drug addled AIDS case who could sing.  Because that's where the tabloids and the general biographies pretty much began and ended. Those personal memoirs filled him out into a full human being; a funny, immensely kind man who was devoted to his music and who lived a full life surrounded by people who loved him and were loyal friends and admirers.  Jim Hutton in particular seemed to have psychological reasons for feeling a need/desire to document his life with Fred that people might understand if they gave it five seconds thought.

'Process of cremation' pictures aside, being ill and being physically affected by that illness is not shameful. I've pointed it out before, but it's people full of what I would term self righteous nonsense (and bullshit given the number of times the picture on this very thread was downloaded) that act like it is.  People are curious. So what. When I look at those pictures I don't see a dead man walking, I see an inspiring person who always lived to wring every last second out of life, eventually in the face of great obstacles.

Darren1977 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 266 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 10, 07:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well said Grateful Fan. There was another sick cunt on here a while back innuendo90 or something that was constantly harping on about wanting to see any pictures of Freddie with the effects of his illness. Walk into any hospital in the world and look at people suffering from cancer etc, it's not a pretty sight. Watched my grandfather wither away from cancer. He was a very fit man and lasted roughly 12 months. Not good. If somebody had asked me for a picture of his last days would not be good. there are a lot of sick people in this world.

GratefulFan

Posted: 31 Aug 10, 08:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It seems you pretty much misread what I said Darren.  I don't think people who are curious about Freddie's appearance in the latter years are in any way 'sick'. I think they're just honest. And there's nothing sickening about dying or death, and nothing about any loved human being at any stage of life that is unfit for a camera. If people personally feel looking or reading is invasive that's fine - make your own decisions accordingly.  Just don't be drooling your silly contempt over other people.

plumrach user not visiting Queenzone.com
plumrach
Bohemian: 716 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 10, 08:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie showed how brave he was by doing the Tatdool video only a few months before he died, the fact that he did not hide away is very inspiring as well, he literally worked till he could not work anymore

plumrach user not visiting Queenzone.com
plumrach
Bohemian: 716 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 10, 09:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As for Jim's book, some of it was good but the latter half of the book was perhaps too much detail and should of remained private

Peters book was more about Freddie's every day life and probably more interesting because of that than Jims

ok.computer user not visiting Queenzone.com
ok.computer
Bohemian: 600 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 10, 10:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seriously, are there no longer moderators on this once-great site??

If there aren't, I'll volunteer, and believe me - my censorial axe will fall heavily on this so-called General Discussion thread.

FFS...have people nothing better to write??

(apparently not)

"Just tryin' to have a little fun, folks..."
GratefulFan

Posted: 31 Aug 10, 13:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

plumrach wrote: As for Jim's book, some of it was good but the latter half of the book was perhaps too much detail and should of remained private

Peters book was more about Freddie's every day life and probably more interesting because of that than Jims
=======================

I found that the two books together worked together to make a complete person, like triangulation resolves a precise point. They covered an overlapping time period in the very same house from slightly different perspectives, which I thought was fascinating in it's way.  Though I agree that if I had to only read one, it would have been Peter's, largely because it covered a longer period of time from a presumably more objective eye.

One of the things people hate about Jim's book is that it can feel like a trashy tell all in spots. But I don't think it did tell everything private that was there to be told.  Mary said something one time that I'm going to have to heavily paraphrase - something like "I saw a man become incredibly brave at times, and at other times incredibly vulnerable", implying there were times of fear and emotionality about what lay ahead.  How could there not have been? Jim's later anecdotes did describe a man in rapid physical decline who had become dependent, but most of the parts that people object to still managed to somehow illustrate Freddie the fighter either being grumpy or fighting for some kind of control over his immediate destiny.  Jim never revealed anything that made Freddie seem weak in spirit or anything less than lionhearted, only weak in body. In that sense I still think he chose his revelations with love.

Still, I do understand the objections.  I guess I just saw it differently.