Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > And volume four is on the way!

forum rss feed
Author

Voice of Reason 2014 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1059 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 10, 09:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.cdwow.ie/CD/queen-singles-collection-volume-4-13cd/dp/15588679#bc=5c8d

I don't see I Was Born to Love You.  Wasn't that number one in Japan or was that another urban myth?


"Build your muscles as your body decays!"
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 10, 10:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oops, that would mean we can expect

1) The Miracle
2) Innuendo
3) I'm Going Slightly Mad
4) Headlong
5) The Show Must Go On
6) Bohemian Rhapsody ???? WHY ????
7) Heaven For Everyone
8) A Winter's Tale
9) Too Much Love Will Kill You
10) Let Me Live
11) You Don't Fool Me (which version ???)
12) No-one but you
13) Under Pressure (Rah Mix) (but which version ???)

OK where are AOBTD with Wyclef Jean, WWRY with Five, WATC with Robbie, Flash with Vanguard, AOBTD with Annie Crummer, WWRY with the kids, WWRY with Pink & Beyonce & the third hooker, Solo Por Ti, AOBTD with you-know-who ....

Wiley user is on Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 10, 10:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote:

OK where are AOBTD with Wyclef Jean, WWRY with Five, WATC with Robbie, Flash with Vanguard, AOBTD with Annie Crummer, WWRY with the kids, WWRY with Pink & Beyonce & the third hooker, Solo Por Ti, AOBTD with you-know-who .... --------------------

No, you didn't.

:P

Adam Unger (QueenVault.com) user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Unger (QueenVault.com)
Bohemian: 347 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 10, 10:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I bet that I Was Born To Love You will be on one of the Made In Heaven era singles; kind of like how they did Princes Of The Universe with Friends Will Be Friends.  It would work well with Too Much Love Will Kill You.


QueenVault.com

Updated October 2, 2016
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 10, 11:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wiley wrote: pittrek wrote:

OK where are AOBTD with Wyclef Jean, WWRY with Five, WATC with Robbie, Flash with Vanguard, AOBTD with Annie Crummer, WWRY with the kids, WWRY with Pink & Beyonce & the third hooker, Solo Por Ti, AOBTD with you-know-who .... --------------------

No, you didn't.

:P

---------------------------

Well I don't LIKE them, but they definitely SHOULD be released on a singles collection, don't you think ?

dbruce user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 163 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 10, 15:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote: Oops, that would mean we can expect

1) The Miracle
2) Innuendo
3) I'm Going Slightly Mad
4) Headlong
5) The Show Must Go On
6) Bohemian Rhapsody ???? WHY ????
7) Heaven For Everyone
8) A Winter's Tale
9) Too Much Love Will Kill You
10) Let Me Live
11) You Don't Fool Me (which version ???)
12) No-one but you
13) Under Pressure (Rah Mix) (but which version ???)

OK where are AOBTD with Wyclef Jean, WWRY with Five, WATC with Robbie, Flash with Vanguard, AOBTD with Annie Crummer, WWRY with the kids, WWRY with Pink & Beyonce & the third hooker, Solo Por Ti, AOBTD with you-know-who ....
Don't we start running into B-side problems with this set? If memory serves then we're going to end up with a lot of repeats or remixes, especially towards the end of the set...

1) Stone Cold Crazy & My Melancholy Blues (live)
2) Bijou
3) Hitman / Lost Opportunity
4) Mad The Swine / All God's People
5) Keep Yourself Alive * ?
6) These Are The Days / Bo Rhap *
7) It's A Beautiful Day (full ver)
8) Thank God It's Christmas * / Rock In Rio Blues
9) We Will Rock You * / We Are The Champions * / Spread Your Wings *
10) Bicycle Race * / Fat Bottomed Girls *
11) Remixes?
12) Princes of the Universe * / Gimme the Prize (instrumental) / We Will Rock You (Rick Rubin's Remix)
13) Under Pressure (Knebworth Mix, Mike Spencer Mix) /  Bohemian Rhapsody * / Thank God It's Christmas *

Those with a * will have already appeared somewhere else in the Singles Boxes.

I guess this is why I haven't bothered buying boxes 2 or 3 yet.

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 10, 15:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pittrek, these would not have made it onto the set because:

WATC with Robbie
WWRY with Pink & Beyonce & the third hooker
^ These were never commercially released as singles

AOBTD with Annie Crummer
Solo Por Ti
^These probably would not have charted high enough to count. Unless someone can prove me wrong!

WWRY with the kids
^If you're referring to the Evian version, that would be because that in itself was a cover, even though they re-issued the original Queen version separately at the same time.

It IS strange they didn't include the other definite top 40 singles 'AOBTD' (Wyclef & Miami Project remixes) & 'WWRY' 5ive + Queen,  UNLESS they're gonna tack them onto the b-sides of NOBY and UP Rah Mix - which MIGHT make sense because those both had re-released classic tracks for the most part (and BohRap is already the exception with TATDOOL here).
Until we get the confirmed tracklisting, we won't know until then for sure!

Wiley user is on Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 10, 15:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@pittrek:
I was joking :)
I do get your point and I guess you're right, but the previous boxes showed this is not an exhaustive collection.

Before asking where the Annie Crummer single is I would question the absence of Liar, Long Away, It's Late, Mustapha, We Will Rock You (live), Jealousy, etc.

I know some of these don't have picture sleeves, but... wouldn't you LOVE to have miniature generic Elektra sleeves and have the CD label be the butterfly/caterpillar label? :P

They had to make Friends Will Be Friends and Princes of the Universe a double A side single, for Christ's sake.

Jam Monkey user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jam Monkey
Bohemian: 664 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 10, 15:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I haven't got any of these yet. I think I will one day, but it's alot of money to spend as I already have all the versions of the discs, it would just be a case of getting a few on CD instead of vinyl (Back Chat Single Version etc.)

One day....


Contact me, I'm no Darth Vader: jam_monkey@hotmail.com
A Word In Your Ear user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1787 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 10, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

inu-liger wrote:

WWRY with the kids
^If you're referring to the Evian version, that would be because that in itself was a cover, even though they re-issued the original Queen version separately at the same time.

Didn't they use the Queen Backing Track?  I think I can remember being it being confirmed  by Jim Beach that it was. (or I did I dream it?)

But I suppose that opens a whole new thread, as to what is Queen & what is not. Does it have to be actually be  labled Queen, for it to be Queen?  I don't know.  " Flash" by Queen + Vanguard is Queen?, but  Planet Perfecto's "Another One Bites The Dust" is not?  both are remixes done in the same vain & Feature Sampled Queen. " Who wants to live forever" by Ian & Thingy (you know, that young girl) feature Brian, Roger & Deacy, (even surfaces on the DVD QGVH 2) but is it considered Queen? I would say the latter is more Queen than, say Hollywood records remix of Flash, but the remixed Flash appears on the Album, you get my point.

So could somebody enlighten me as to what is considered to be Queen & What is not..............


Joyful the sound
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 10, 17:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can we please not open that can of worms again? This has been a headache for most of us especially since 2004, and quite frankly enough is enough. It's all a matter of personal interpretation anyway, there is no right or wrong answer.

And I'm pretty sure the Evian track used an original backing track, however I'll try and have a listen to it later on if I can find it again.


GT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 799 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Sep 10, 08:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know why you all seem to think that any Queen + singles are going to make it into this box 4.

This is a Queen singles only project.......has been from the beginning and will be to the end.

Compromises were made, as no repeats of tracks were ever going to be issued again, but I think the end result is excellent for what we could do.
There was only one track that has been repeated in this final box, and I think most of you will know what that is going to be.

And Adam is doing well with his guesses.

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Sep 10, 08:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks GT

brians wig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2239 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Sep 10, 09:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Personally i can't wait for this to be finished.
I guess once this is released it kinda closes the door on EMI and opens up the way for new releases from Universal.
Hopefully none of us will be disappointed next year, even if it's just properly remastered albums coupled with a 5.1 surround mix of each and nothing else...

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Sep 10, 02:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GT wrote:


I don't know why you all seem to think that any Queen + singles are going to make it into this box 4.

This is a Queen singles only project.......has been from the beginning and will be to the end.

Not to sound like an ass, but there's one problem with your logic already, and it can be found in collections 2 and 4:
Under Pressure

Ramon Diaz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 88 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Sep 10, 08:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

IT'S OFFICIAL?
IN BRIANMAY.COM AND QUEENONLINE NO ANNOUNCEMENTS ...

Ramon Diaz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 88 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Sep 10, 09:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YES, IS A PROJECT "QUEEN" AND NOT "QUEEN+"
BUT WOULD BE AN EXCELLENT BOX SET OF QUEEN + ON THE FUTURE

GT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 799 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Sep 10, 11:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not to sound like an ass, but there's one problem with your logic already, and it can be found in collections 2 and 4:
Under Pressure 

These are different versions and not the same track, so should legitimately be here.......like Now I'm Here is not the same as the live version and We Will Rock You is not the same as the live version.

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Sep 10, 21:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GT wrote:



These are different versions and not the same track, so should legitimately be here.......like Now I'm Here is not the same as the live version and We Will Rock You is not the same as the live version.
Did you just ignore the context of the inconsistency I was pointing out?
You said that this was to be a Queen only boxset, BUT what I was pointing out was that your logic is inconsistently flawed already right there with the fact that Under Pressure, which features David Bowie as a collaborator (and therefore shares the same basis as every other Queen + collaboration ever made!) appears on sets 2 and 4 in their original and remixed versions respectively, which automatically nullifies that logic of yours.

One more thing I should add: Whether you realize this too or not, but by saying that this is a "Queen only" project, you're also actually in a way encouraging a continuation of the Queen VS "Q+ isn't Queen" flamewars that have been ongoing for the last ten years, especially since the Q+PR project began in late 2004. There are a lot of us that are sick and tired of having this argument, quite honestly.

Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2053 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Sep 10, 05:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

... and the winners are:

CD Single 1
1. The Miracle
2. Stone Cold Crazy (Live)

CD Single 2
1. Innuendo
2. Bijou

CD Single 3
1. I’m Going Slightly Mad
2. The Hitman

CD Single 4
1. Headlong
2. All God’s People

CD Single 5
1. The Show Must Go On
2. Queen Talks

CD Single 6
1. Bohemian Rhapsody
2. These Are The Days Of Our Lives

CD Single 7
1. Heaven For Everyone (Single Version)
2. It’s A Beautiful Day

CD Single 8
1. A Winter’s Tale
2. Rock In Rio Blues

CD Single 9
1. Too Much Love Will Kill You
2. I Was Born To Love You

CD Single 10
1. Let Me Live
2. We Will Rock You (Live)
3. We Are The Champions (Live)

CD Single 11
1. You Don’t Fool Me (Edit)
2. You Don’t Fool Me (Album Version)

CD Single 12
1. No-One But You (Only The Good Die Young)
2. We Will Rock You (The Rick Rubin ‘Ruined’ Remix)
3. The Prize (Instrumental Remix for ‘The Eye’)

CD Single 13
1. Under Pressure Rah Mix (Radio Edit)
2. Under Pressure (Mike Spencer Remix)
3. Under Pressure (Live At Knebworth)

so .... we are not getting Mad The Swine, Lost Opportunity nor any of the BBC tracks originally included in the Let Me Live single.

It´s strange, as we have 3 tracks on CD Singles 12 & 13 and I think the above mentioned tracks could have found room in any of the other CDs .....

It´s only my opinion, but I think  omiting MTS and LO make this volume less appealing ...


Bring out the charge of the love brigade