Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Live Killers Recordings

forum rss feed
Author

strangefrontier user not visiting Queenzone.com
strangefrontier
Champion: 57 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 10, 12:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here is some info on the Jazz / Crazy Tours I have been sitting on for a couple of years I thought would be of interest.

Jazz Tour 2nd Leg
Leg – Europe (Live Killers)

The following dates are a list of what audio exists from  the Live Killers tour in the archive of Brian May. Many of these are   
 NOT currently in the QPL archive! I have no details as to which songs were on the final LP but a good analysis can be
found at the following excellent site: http://www.queenlive.ca/lkanalysis.htm

Brussels         26.01.79                                  (9 MULTI TRACKS)
Rotterdam       29/30.01.79                             (10 MULTI TRACKS) over the 2 nights
Cologne           01.02.79                                   (2 MULTI TRACKS)
Frankfurt          02.02.79                                    (7 MULTI TRACKS)
Zurich               04.02.79                                   (5 MULTI TRACKS)
Zagreb             06.02.79                                   (1 MULTI TRACK) - incomplete recording
Ljubljana         07.02.79                                   2 stereo tapes
Munich             10.02.79                     
Munich             11.02.79         
Stuttgart           13.02.79                                   (4 MULTI TRACKS)
Saabruken      15.02.79                                   (5 MULTI TRACKS)
Lyon                  17.02.79                                   (4 MULTI TRACKS)
Barcelona        19.02.79                                   (4 MULTI TRACKS) - incomplete recording
Barcelona        20.02.79                                   (4 MULTI TRACKS)
Madrid              22.02.79                                   (5 MULTI TRACKS)
Madrid              23.02.79                                   (4 MULTI TRACKS)
Poitiers            25.02.79                                   (1 MULTI TRACK)
Paris                27/28.02.79 – 01.03.79          (10 MULTI TRACKS) over the 3 nights

Crazy Tour:

Manchester      27.11.09                                 
Glasgow           30.11.79
Newcastle        04.12.79
Liverpool           07.12.79
Bristol                09.12.79
Brighton            10.12.79
Brighton            11.12.79
Alexandra Palace          22.12.79
Hammersmith Odeon  26.12.79

It would appear that there is nothing in the QPL archive from the Crazy Tour other than the Hammersmith concert on
Boxing Day…..shame!!!! Quite a few of these dates have not surfaced on the market and are the obvious source of
reference in a certain Queen Live publication. These would form a great corner stone to any future live archive project.

Unfortunately, I have no details of any other recordings in the archive at this time. Hope this is of interest!!!!

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 10, 12:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who the hell are you and how can I get the stuff from you ?

Jam Monkey user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jam Monkey
Bohemian: 664 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 10, 13:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Interesting stuff. I really would like to know where you get this sort of thing from, it makes my collection look average at best. Are you sharing these, selling them or just listing for info?

Contact me, I'm no Darth Vader: jam_monkey@hotmail.com
Marknow user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hello
Marknow
Deity: 2878 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 10, 13:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very, very interesting stuff, thanks.

I don't mean to discredit you or the information you have supplied, but as PIttrek said who are you?
Please understand that we get an awful lot of people who appear from thin air, make fantastic statements like this without any weight to them, and then disappear forever.

Can you, or any known member here in anyway vouch for you, or the authenticity of what you have written, and protect your identity at the same time?

Please understand, I'm not trying to question your integrity.
I just what to be sure I'm reading facts from a reliable source, not made up crap from a bored teenager, which is sadly often the case.

Thanks,
Mark.

Arse.

GT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 799 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 10, 15:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is quite interesting, but where did you get your information?

Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 10, 15:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Absolutely brilliant - GT's even replied asking for more.............

Looking forward to this exchange immensely.

Benn
Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 10, 15:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lets wait for Greg Brooks' reply! LOL

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
strangefrontier

Posted: 26 Sep 10, 17:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey guys

I am a serious Queen fan and collector and have been for around 30 years. I have colected quite a few thousand items and have a fair bit of audio and visual but I still love the memorabillia most. I have been a visitor to this site for a couple of years but only joined a few days ago. I did every convention between 1992 & 2004 but  haven't attended since. First album purchased was ADATR...hooked from that point + both my brothers played Queen non stop so it was inevitable that I would follow!

I must say that I enjoy most of the serious items posted on here and feel that I have quite a few things to contribute. What I can promise you is that I am not someone who is going to waste time posting rubbish or false claims...too busy and have too much respect for you guys on here.

To clarify, I do not have the material I have listed but have posted this as info which I have had for a couple of years that I thought would be of interest. I have this from a good source that is close to QPL. This is the only info I have from such a close source so I will not be claiming anything else! I have the details in black and white and would not publish this If it wasn't authentic. Why GB didn't come clean with this at the beginning of the thread is a mystery.

I like most people have become a little frustrated at the return of product for the die hards as QPL seem to keep hitting the casual market. Believe it or not it was 1990 when a rarities box set was first mentioned! Let me live release previewd BBC tracks from the forth coming Queen at the BBC...where is it? Let's hope a change of record company and a 40th anniversary changes that but I am not holding my breath.

I hope I have explained myself clearly...I certainly want to contribute to serious chat moving forward and will add additional threads moving forward as time allows!

Best wishes

Dean

Mr Prime Jive user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 76 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 10, 17:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey, great buddy !
Nice story to read, feel yourself at home !
MPJ

Who wants some prime jive ?
Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Bohemian: 931 posts

Posted: 27 Sep 10, 06:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote: Who the hell are you and how can I get the stuff from you ?

Don't you know.... he's Ol Beach ....LOL

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3039 posts

Posted: 27 Sep 10, 06:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great original post - cheers for the info.  GT is either already in the know on this and just wants to find out how you know (fair enough), or he didn't actually know any of this and that's Greg's book buggered!!

Anyway, Jim Beach will let you have all the masters if you just promise to go and see his son's band and buy their CD............

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 27 Sep 10, 06:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Dean, thanks a lot for clarifying it :-) I think that this forum contains a lot of people who would kill somebody to get those recordings so your first post was a little shock

Wijnand user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 294 posts

Posted: 27 Sep 10, 08:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Watch out! I'm THE HITMAN.... ;-)

on my way up user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2186 posts

Posted: 27 Sep 10, 10:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It would be great if there's indeed a professional audio-recording of Newcastle 04/12/1979 in Brian's archive:-) (and all the other listed shows for that matter).

I'm one of those people dying to hear that stuff haha.

cheers

on my way up
on my way up user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2186 posts

Posted: 27 Sep 10, 10:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

strangefrontier wrote: Hey guys

I am a serious Queen fan and collector and have been for around 30 years. I have colected quite a few thousand items and have a fair bit of audio and visual but I still love the memorabillia most. I have been a visitor to this site for a couple of years but only joined a few days ago. I did every convention between 1992 & 2004 but  haven't attended since. First album purchased was ADATR...hooked from that point + both my brothers played Queen non stop so it was inevitable that I would follow!

I must say that I enjoy most of the serious items posted on here and feel that I have quite a few things to contribute. What I can promise you is that I am not someone who is going to waste time posting rubbish or false claims...too busy and have too much respect for you guys on here.

To clarify, I do not have the material I have listed but have posted this as info which I have had for a couple of years that I thought would be of interest. I have this from a good source that is close to QPL. This is the only info I have from such a close source so I will not be claiming anything else! I have the details in black and white and would not publish this If it wasn't authentic. Why GB didn't come clean with this at the beginning of the thread is a mystery.

I like most people have become a little frustrated at the return of product for the die hards as QPL seem to keep hitting the casual market. Believe it or not it was 1990 when a rarities box set was first mentioned! Let me live release previewd BBC tracks from the forth coming Queen at the BBC...where is it? Let's hope a change of record company and a 40th anniversary changes that but I am not holding my breath.

I hope I have explained myself clearly...I certainly want to contribute to serious chat moving forward and will add additional threads moving forward as time allows!

Best wishes

Dean
Thanks for the clarification. I hope to read more from you in the near future! QZ really needs Queen-fans who have been around for a very long time because those people have the most interesting things to tell (and might have interesting items).

on my way up
Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 27 Sep 10, 11:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dean,

Welcome to you and I hope your stay here is an enjoyable one.  You'll find (I'm sure) that there are a great many people here who are, like yourself, of the opinion that Queen has been shown a dis-service since Freddie's death.

Would it be remiss of me to request that you inform us of the number of PMs you receive from either GB or GT requesting information from you?

Benn
NEMO75 user not visiting Queenzone.com
NEMO75
Champion: 56 posts

Posted: 27 Sep 10, 12:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Welcome home !! thanks for sharing informations, i'm sure that all Queen fans appreciate that very much.

LordOfAllDarkness user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 74 posts

Posted: 27 Sep 10, 12:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh my god those Crazy tour recordings are to kill for!!!!

strangefrontier

Posted: 27 Sep 10, 13:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks everyone for making me welcome.. I sure would like these recordings myself!!

Benn...no problem on the pm's...I won't hold my breath as it is nothing new to them!!

Dean

mrdata1968 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 38 posts

Posted: 27 Sep 10, 13:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Two nights in Rotterdam on cd will be great to have!