Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Past screening of Rock Montreal at theatres

forum rss feed
Author

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Sep 10, 23:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw a completely amazing screening of Rock Montreal at my local theatre on the big screen with big 5.1 theatre sound in, I want to say, the fall or winter of 2007?  I wondered how widely and commonly this was done at the time, or at other times. Was just curious who else has caught something like this, and what the circumstances were.

rhyeking user not visiting Queenzone.com
rhyeking
Royalty: 1566 posts

Posted: 28 Sep 10, 23:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nothing like that, sadly, has happened in Toronto in recent years (that I know of, anyway).

The local Hard Rock Cafe played the Montreal concert in it's entirety the evening of Queen + Paul Rodgers show. A few friends of mine went there for dinner before the concert and were happy to see the classic line up on all the TVs. It totally got us in the concert mood.

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 10, 00:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I dug up the original info, and I'm afraid you just missed it Rhyeking.  Bummer.  It was a pretty amazing opportunity.

http://www.cineplex.com/ecms.aspx/45de964e-4513-48a8-ac1a-05cd83f6b7a8/PressReleases/2007-09-18--Queen_Rock_Montreal_Exclusively_at_Select_Cineplex_Entertainment_Theatres--.pdf

About nine screenings in the GTA...sorry. :(

I take it back.  It was a terrible waste of time.  Popcorn sucked.  Freddie is horrible 40 feet tall.   And all that awful, loud rock and roll...

rhyeking user not visiting Queenzone.com
rhyeking
Royalty: 1566 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 10, 02:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Apparently, I missed the Freddie Mercury Look-A-Like Contest, too. Curse the day!

DragonOnMyBack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 367 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 10, 09:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There were quite a few screenings in the UK as well, just before the DVD/Blu-Ray was released here. I saw it in a cinema in Swindon.

Jimmy Dean user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 488 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 10, 15:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it was playing at the downtown movie theatre here in Montreal when the dvd/blu-ray was re-released...