forum rss feed
Author

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 10, 08:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

....on CNN

About 6 minutes.  Some great thoughts on being together for 40 years, on their responsibility to fans and other stuff.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2010/09/30/am.roberts.rush.cnn?hpt=C2

Yara user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1430 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 10, 11:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GratefulFan wrote: ....on CNN

About 6 minutes.  Some great thoughts on being together for 40 years, on their responsibility to fans and other stuff.

I'm a "gratefulyara" for you posting it. I like this band so much and friday I'm going to their gig!!! It's gonna be so much fun. I had the best time of my live as far as live gigs are concerned when they last came to Brazil.

Now I've seen pretty much all the "big artists" I wanted to see.

I'd just like to watch Muse live still, and it'd be great if I got to see Tori Amos once again, I so love her music. But that's going to be harder because I think the tour has already ended, and who knows when she's going to release another album, she's always taking about retiring.

Yeaaah!

Yara
Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 10, 13:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yara wrote: GratefulFan wrote: ....on CNN

I'm a "gratefulyara" for you posting it. I like this band so much and friday I'm going to their gig!!! It's gonna be so much fun. I had the best time of my live as far as live gigs are concerned when they last came to Brazil. I'm a "gratefulyara" for you posting it. I like this band so much and friday I'm going to their gig!!! It's gonna be so much fun. I had the best time of my live as far as live gigs are concerned when they last came to Brazil.

Now I've seen pretty much all the "big artists" I wanted to see.

I'd just like to watch Muse live still, and it'd be great if I got to see Tori Amos once again, I so love her music. But that's going to be harder because I think the tour has already ended, and who knows when she's going to release another album, she's always taking about retiring.

Yeaaah! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm very jealous. It's one of my aims to see Rush live.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 10, 16:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Holly: There is a lot pointing to a new album next spring,  and a 70+ date tour beginning summer 2011.  Nobody is saying precisely, but a 70 date tour almost has to include the UK and other stops in Europe. I hope and think you will get your wish at some point.

@Yara:  You're going to have a fantastic night.  Incredible band, incredible show.  Have you started listening to BU2B and Caravan yet?

Yara user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1430 posts

Posted: 07 Oct 10, 09:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm so anxious. I'm feeling weird. The concert is tomorrow and I can't barely disguise my enthusiasm. It's funny because I have already seen them live, but my expectations now are so much higher that I'm afraid they won't meet them!

I loved the new songs. But how are they going to sound live? Will Geddy Lee be able to play all those intricate bass lines live? He's amazing, I love him, but when it comes to my heroes, I'm always afraid that they'll somehow fail me.

I think I should relax and just enjoy the gig. I'm too worried. It's all going to be just fine and they will put out a great performance. Or so I hope!

Yara
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 10, 00:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Will Geddy Lee be able to play all those intricate bass lines live?"

It's RUSH, dude .... even if he doesn't get every intricate bit right, he'll have a damned good shot at it.  Enjoy the show!

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller